Qmerit set up

Tay

Hey, has anyone had any experience getting the home charging set up via Qmerit, which Lucid has partnered with. Curious if it worked out well, easy, etc or if there are any concerns/issues. Also interested in the cost, although I realize that set up will vary depending on any variables.
Thanks

Hey, has anyone had any experience getting the home charging set up via Qmerit, which Lucid has partnered with. Curious if it worked out well, easy, etc or if there are any concerns/issues. Also interested in the cost, although I realize that set up will vary depending on any variables.
Thanks
@Tay did you use them or did you went with another vendor to install home charger? I am looking into them too. thanks

Qmerit is not actually a vendor - they are only a referral service to electricians who are supposed to understand what is required. You may as well just hire someone on your own. The price may even be lower since Qmerit won't take a commission.

Qmerit is not actually a vendor - they are only a referral service to electricians who are supposed to understand what is required. You may as well just hire someone on your own. The price may even be lower since Qmerit won't take a commission.
Ah I c, thanks for that info. I don't know any electrician so looking for any recommendation if possible since I am a new to this whole EV world

There is a whole thread on LCHCS here - https://lucidowners.com/threads/charging-station.681/page-10#post-93734. It has varies feedback and installation experience. I also went with Qmerit initially. But their recommended companies price quotes were way over. So went with my own electrician.
Much appreciated, I did browse to some but didn't' find any solid recommendation. LIke you say, the feedback varies. How did you like your installation? Price and quality of work? I am in the bayarea too. If he/she does a good work / do you mind sharing his/her info?

Much appreciated, I did browse to some but didn't' find any solid recommendation. LIke you say, the feedback varies. How did you like your installation? Price and quality of work? I am in the bayarea too. If he/she does a good work / do you mind sharing his/her info?
sent a private message to you with details.

I used Qmerit as I was too lazy to call usual non-responsive electricians who cant find an appointment for a month. Their recommendation wasnt cheap but they installed in a week and it was nicely done. Very convenient.

I used Qmerit as well. The company they sent me to was easy to work with and responsive. I had them install a 14-50 receptacle connected to a secondary breaker box connected to my main panel. If and when I get a proper EVSE I'll just go directly back to the same company.

I used Qmerit as I was too lazy to call usual non-responsive electricians who cant find an appointment for a month. Their recommendation wasnt cheap but they installed in a week and it was nicely done. Very convenient.
That's a good factor to think about. I had a small renov job I wanted but no one responded or take the job because it's too small of a job.

I used Qmerit as well. The company they sent me to was easy to work with and responsive. I had them install a 14-50 receptacle connected to a secondary breaker box connected to my main panel. If and when I get a proper EVSE I'll just go directly back to the same company.
sounds like great experience, are you in the bay area? If so, do you mind sharing their info?

sounds like great experience, are you in the bay area? If so, do you mind sharing their info?
QMerit will send you to a few options in the Bay Area, but the one you should go with is EVXperts / Willow Glen Electric (the former is just a second name for the latter).

They are not cheap, but they are solid, consistent, know what they’re doing, and will pull proper permits, etc.

You can also reach out to them directly. I looked at a few others but some required me to pull permits on my own, some wanted to convince me I needed the wrong gauge wire, some I had to read the NEC code to…

Willow Glen made it easy, worked in my unique circumstances, always knew the law and code, and showed up when they said they would, every time. Not sure I could ask for more.

Everyone I’ve spoken to in the Bay Area that used them feels the same.

QMerit will send you to a few options in the Bay Area, but the one you should go with is EVXperts / Willow Glen Electric (the former is just a second name for the latter).

They are not cheap, but they are solid, consistent, know what they’re doing, and will pull proper permits, etc.

You can also reach out to them directly. I looked at a few others but some required me to pull permits on my own, some wanted to convince me I needed the wrong gauge wire, some I had to read the NEC code to…

Willow Glen made it easy, worked in my unique circumstances, always knew the law and code, and showed up when they said they would, every time. Not sure I could ask for more.

Everyone I’ve spoken to in the Bay Area that used them feels the same.
@borski thank you for that. You mention something I haven't thought about. I would under the assumption they will pull all the license etc. , i will definitely reach out to them for a quote too. I am in the Pacifica/Daly City area, do you know they come up this far? If not, I can reach out to them and ask. thanks again

@borski thank you for that. You mention something I haven't thought about. I would under the assumption they will pull all the license etc. , i will definitely reach out to them for a quote too. I am in the Pacifica/Daly City area, do you know they come up this far? If not, I can reach out to them and ask. thanks again
They do :)

No Im in Scottsdale. Worked with Castle Electric after referral from Qmerit. Absolutely no hesitations with either company.

@Coho thanks, i will give Qmerit and all the great recommendation from everyone a try. It's end of the year anyway, so I guess start request quote from them after the new year.

Back