Qmerit set up

I just got an obscene quote through a Qmerit affiliate after a local person came out for an inspection. 30 feet using #4 wire and 1" conduit, putting in a 125 amp subpanel to connect an 80 amp circuit to run my charger at 64 amps. For some reason they added in their own EVSE and wanted $5,500 for the full package. Even if you remove their $1100 EVSE, the parts are MAYBE $1200 for the job which means they're charging $3300 in labor. That comes to over $400/hr for labor assuming it takes them 8 hours. Pretty nuts.

I already have 3/4" conduit run to the area which can hold three #3 wires, I only need 2 and a #8 ground (or 6, I forget). I might just do it mostly myself instead of dealing with this crap.

I just got an obscene quote through a Qmerit affiliate after a local person came out for an inspection. 30 feet using #4 wire and 1" conduit, putting in a 125 amp subpanel to connect an 80 amp circuit to run my charger at 64 amps. For some reason they added in their own EVSE and wanted $5,500 for the full package. Even if you remove their $1100 EVSE, the parts are MAYBE $1200 for the job which means they're charging $3300 in labor. That comes to over $400/hr for labor assuming it takes them 8 hours. Pretty nuts.

I already have 3/4" conduit run to the area which can hold three #3 wires, I only need 2 and a #8 ground (or 6, I forget). I might just do it mostly myself instead of dealing with this crap.
Just don’t forget to pull proper permitting in your jurisdiction, if necessary.

Qmerit is not actually a vendor - they are only a referral service to electricians who are supposed to understand what is required. You may as well just hire someone on your own. The price may even be lower since Qmerit won't take a commission.
I had a less than ideal experience with Qmerit. Went through there process, they took my money, waited several days for a response, was told they need up to 5 business days. After 6 days, I got back to them and was told they were still looking for an electrician to help me. At that point, I did cancel my order with them, and found a local electrician to assist. The good news was that they did refund my deposit promptly.

I had a less than ideal experience with Qmerit. Went through there process, they took my money, waited several days for a response, was told they need up to 5 business days. After 6 days, I got back to them and was told they were still looking for an electrician to help me. At that point, I did cancel my order with them, and found a local electrician to assist. The good news was that they did refund my deposit promptly.
thanks for great feed back..glad you got your money back promptly

Back