Public Charging

Steve's Lucid

Cars
Grand Touring
Folks - I am confused about public charging. I am seeing all these connectors from all these companies that have public charging stations. Which ones will work to charge the Lucid? I see a J1772, Chademo, CCS, and a combo. Which ones will work with our vehicle without my having to purchase any adapter? Thanks.

Folks - I am confused about public charging. I am seeing all these connectors. Which ones will work to charge the Lucid? I see a J1772, Chademo, CCS, and a combo. Which ones will work with our vehicle? Thanks.
To make it simple: J1772 Is the level 2, or slower connector that works with the Lucid. The faster version is CCS. Same top of the connector. But the CCS adds two big pins on the bottom that provide the DC in DC fast charging.

Thanks. I am seeing a Chademo combo or something called a “combo”. Will that not work?

I thought a combo charger referred to a singular charger that has 2 cables - one CCS and one chademo?

I thought a combo charger referred to a singular charger that has 2 cables - one CCS and one chademo?
That is what I have seen at the EA pedestals in Colorado. Chademo on one side of the EA pedestal and a CCS on the other side. My experience is limited.

Whatever the definition of “combo” it’s also a charger that will accommodate the Lucid. Basically, any charging station that is not Tesla or CHAdeMO-only is good for the Lucid.

Thanks. I am seeing a Chademo combo or something called a “combo”. Will that not work?

CHAdeMO is Japanese standard charging for cars like Nissan Leaf. You won’t ever bother with it. The only adapter worth to buy is Tesla-to-J1772 adapter when you travel to hotel and see level-2 Tesla destination charger. It’s good adapter for use case backup.

Back