EA Public charging - connector plug will not come out

plnj

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Has anyone experienced this issue - after charging the connector plug will not come out (almost took me 5-10 minute; I was worried it would never come out). I have used public charging 10 times before but never had this issue. Now I am worried it might happen again, should I reach out to Customer Service

Has anyone experienced this issue - after charging the connector plug will not come out (almost took me 5-10 minute; I was worried it would never come out). I have used public charging 10 times before but never had this issue. Now I am worried it might happen again, should I reach out to Customer Service
I assume it wasn't just that the car door was locked? If it was the charger is locked too.

Did you end the charging session prior to removal? I personally haven't had that issue. There is a manual release somewhere.

I assume it wasn't just that the car door was locked? If it was the charger is locked too.
I am not sure, but most probably not. Because when it finally came out, I did not do anything with the car door lock.

Yeah, that confused me when I first got the car. In my case, I had plugged in my home charger and then couldn't remove it. The car has to be awake to disconnect the charger. In the manual, it says there is a manual switch to do it, but I haven't actually checked that out yet.

Did you end the charging session prior to removal? I personally haven't had that issue. There is a manual release somewhere.
Any one know where is the manual release?

Any one know where is the manual release?
Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 4.50.04 PM.png

This has happened to my car twice in about a year - the most recent was last week. The manual release did finally disengage the charging cable. I had been in the car for the duration of the charge and the car had not gone to sleep.

On occasion, especially with a short charge cable that just makes it to the charging port, the weight of the cable pulls against the port during charging and is not aligned enough for the plug to be removed. In this case, you need to use one hand to hold the cable straight enough to press the release button and pull straight out.

If you could have seen me trying to finagle the cable out (without damaging anything), the angle of the charging cable wasn't the issue (it was also plenty long enough and I am typically careful about engaging it as "strait on" as possible. Sometimes things just get stuck. Out of maybe 20 DCFC charges I have done in the past year, it has only happened twice, though, and the manual release has worked. To tell you the truth, using the manual release was much more traumatic because I was worried about pulling that too much.

Understand, completely. This happened to me and I pulled so hard the little cable broke through one of the two places it attaches to the plastic clip holder. That's when it became clear to me that the release wasn't working. In reality, all you need to do is lift the clip, not pull it off and pull on the wire. The illustration is a little misleading.
After fussing around turning the car off an on every which way, I looked at the charge cable and pulled it to gain some slack -- voila, plug released. Felt like an idiot, but was SO relieved! 😀

Back