Proper inflation pressure

shredderc

Verified Owner
Cars
Air
I've been keeping my tires at about 42 psi, because that's what's written in the door jamb. Today, I got my car back from Service after a windshield replacement, and the invoice says tires were inflated to 49 psi. Car was delivered with (summer) 20s, but I've been using (all-season) 19s, but 7 psi seems like a big difference?

I've been keeping my tires at about 42 psi, because that's what's written in the door jamb. Today, I got my car back from Service after a windshield replacement, and the invoice says tires were inflated to 49 psi. Car was delivered with (summer) 20s, but I've been using (all-season) 19s, but 7 psi seems like a big difference?
The 19s are 49 psi, 21s are 42 and I'm assuming the 20s are in between.

Thanks! Disheartened to realize I've been shockingly under-inflating. Hopefully, I'll see a nice bump in efficiency now. But door panel says 42 psi for 20s

Attachments

• PXL_20230426_161303585.jpg
    PXL_20230426_161303585.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
Typically manufacturers list the tire pressures for the standard and the alternate tire / wheels as factory delivered. This is the first I've seen with only the delivered tire pressures. My car lists the 19" pressure = 49 psi seems high but it makes sense as this is a purpose-built tire for range efficiency. It does make them a bit skiddish ... I've been unintentionally sideways underestimating how little throttle it takes to pull out of the neighborhood. Now that I have the 21"s on I'm going to try the move again (this time without the wife beside me).

Lucid does not want civilians messing with the wheels ???

I did not find tire pressures in the owner's manual, nor did I find the wheel lug torque.

So good to know = 42 psi for the 20" and 21" tires; 49 psi for the 19" tires.

Last edited:
Right, maybe they thought they could get away with civilians not messing around with the car, but these are tires. Most ev drivers are all over tire pressure, because that's how early manufacturers trained them. Also, they delivered cars with 20 in summer tires during winter in Chicago😂.

Lug nut Torque spec. 150 Nm

Combined weight of 19" wheel w/ Pirielli all-season = 26 kg
Combined weight of 21" front (blade) w/Pirelli 245 summer = 29 kg
Combined weight of 21" rear (blade) w/Pirelli 265 summer = 31.5 kg

Back