Touring 20s Launch Mode

I think the ADAS..? But I'm not exactly sure what needs to be disabled to enter "launch mode" either.
I have never had to disable any controls. Hold the brake, floor the accelerator, when the bear appears let go of the brake.

Pete

What took me a couple of tries is to realize that one has to press the brakes super hard in...I was first afraid I'll break my brakes..ha...but press teh brake pedal in harder than you think you need to with your left foot...then press down on the accelerator with your right foot....Blue bear logo should show up on the cockpit panel....then release brake and say hello to 620HP!

What took me a couple of tries is to realize that one has to press the brakes super hard in...I was first afraid I'll break my brakes..ha...but press teh brake pedal in harder than you think you need to with your left foot...then press down on the accelerator with your right foot....Blue bear logo should show up on the cockpit panel....then release brake and say hello to 620HP!
When I hold the brake all the way, the "HOLD" shows up. As soon as I start hitting the accelerator with the other foot, I feel a "jolt" of sorts as it tries to move? Should I not be feeling that jolt at all? Should I be disabling brake hold and change it to the "creep" mode instead?

When I hold the brake all the way, the "HOLD" shows up. As soon as I start hitting the accelerator with the other foot, I feel a "jolt" of sorts as it tries to move? Should I not be feeling that jolt at all? Should I be disabling brake hold and change it to the "creep" mode instead?
Ok you aren't holding the brake down hard enough.. don't worry about the hold logo... Go wayyy past that in pushing the brake down... You won't break it... Then apply accelerator pedal.. give it a second.. blue bear should show up..

You shouldn't have to mess with any settings .. I never put mine in creep mode etc.

perfectly happy with the stock ~600 hp in smooth mode. Thanks Bobby did not know smooth mode has a launch mode too .
Can't even imagine the full ~800 hp unleashed in sprint ... will wait for a set of 21" summer rubber before I try that.

Performance and DE models must be terrifying to launch. Do they come with g suits ?
gsuitfront-250x333.jpg

My impression is that from 0 to 20 or so mph, launch mode inhibits max acceleration to ensure traction then you feel max acceleration kick in while just stomping on the go pedal in sprint mode is max acceleration right from the start. My body tells me not using launch control is faster.

Ok you aren't holding the brake down hard enough.. don't worry about the hold logo... Go wayyy past that in pushing the brake down... You won't break it... Then apply accelerator pedal.. give it a second.. blue bear should show up..

You shouldn't have to mess with any settings .. I never put mine in creep mode etc.
Yup that worked. Yuuup that was nauseating. Thanks!

0-110mph 6.5 sec
0-140mph 10 sec

For Dream Performance, so add 1 ~ 1.5 sec above # for Touring, just mind boggling speed.

I have never had to disable any controls. Hold the brake, floor the accelerator, when the bear appears let go of the brake.

Pete
I haven't had the chance to actually use the official launch mode yet. Weather hasn't been the greatest and today marks the 4th day I've had to leave the car in the garage and drive my snow car. Tomorrow marks my official one month of ownership anniversary! My question is does the launch bear actually show up on Touring models? I have yet to see one.

Sure does! I saw him for the first time on Saturday in my Touring!
Oh, this is going to be fun as soon as this weather warms up a bit more and starts cooperating.

I haven't had the chance to actually use the official launch mode yet. Weather hasn't been the greatest and today marks the 4th day I've had to leave the car in the garage and drive my snow car. Tomorrow marks my official one month of ownership anniversary! My question is does the launch bear actually show up on Touring models? I have yet to see one.
You don't have to launch the car to meet the Blue bear... I'd assume one can just lift the foot off the accelerator pedal and launch mode would be cancelled...I should try that someday..... But if cancelling the launch is possible...then this way you can see the animation and not launch... But I'd keep a clear road ahead just in case you lift the wrong foot... Ha..!

You don't have to launch the car to meet the Blue bear... I'd assume one can just lift the foot off the accelerator pedal and launch mode would be cancelled...I should try that someday..... But if cancelling the launch is possible...then this way you can see the animation and not launch... But I'd keep a clear road ahead just in case you lift the wrong foot... Ha..!
This is some potentially Sage Advice my Friend! 😂😂

This is some potentially Sage Advice my Friend! 😂😂
:) I'd hate for you to have to wait until summer to at least see that very cool logo and animation...

Yup cancelling the launch is possible! Just take the foot back off the accelerator and it'll cancel :)

Back