Touring 20s Launch Mode

I have tried to engage Launch Mode in my Air Touring many times but I am yet to see the bear. I have tried with and without stability control; smooth and sprint mode; and I have tried pressing really hard on the brake pedal too. Do you have to completely floor the acceleration pedal as well?

I have tried to engage Launch Mode in my Air Touring many times but I am yet to see the bear. I have tried with and without stability control; smooth and sprint mode; and I have tried pressing really hard on the brake pedal too. Do you have to completely floor the acceleration pedal as well?
Yeah, Sprint mode + hit continue on the popup + floor brake + floor accel + wait 3 seconds while flooring both. The bear should come up! I had the same issue too and thought my car had issues but turns out I wasn't flooring both pedals hard enough 😅

I see. The car gives a little bit of jolt when I press on the accelerator while pressing the brake pedal. But I do not think I completely floored the accelerator. I will try and report back.

I see. The car gives a little bit of jolt when I press on the accelerator while pressing the brake pedal. But I do not think I completely floored the accelerator. I will try and report back
Yup -- don't go easy on that thing. Floor the brake then floor the accel! Keep em held down. Hopefully that does the trick as it did for me.

Yup -- don't go easy on that thing. Floor the brake then floor the accel! Keep em held down. Hopefully that does the trick as it did for me.
Yup. It really wants to know you mean business when you invoke the bear.

Yup. It really wants to know you mean business when you invoke the bear.
Invoke and Poke the bear!

Sadly, I'm sure I'm not getting the full experience on the 19's. Because of that, I've actually noticed that sprint mode is more impactful when I'm already rolling a hit the accelerator because there's absolutely no wheelspin like there is trying to launch on the 19's. I'd love to be in a GTP on 21's for a launch!

Invoke and Poke the bear!

Sadly, I'm sure I'm not getting the full experience on the 19's. Because of that, I've actually noticed that sprint mode is more impactful when I'm already rolling a hit the accelerator because there's absolutely no wheelspin like there is trying to launch on the 19's. I'd love to be in a GTP on 21's for a launch!
Yeah the DE has a massive noticeable difference between launching on the 21s and launching on the 19s. I won’t launch on the 19s anymore. I launch on the 21s semi-regularly :p

Coming from owning ICE cars, my gut tells me that doing this is putting a lot of stress on “something”. Apparently that must not be the case.

poked the bear for the first time on my AT with 20s last night, wow! no slip - eyes pressed back into head! :) kinda cool to have an amusement park ride in the garage

Has anyone else with the Touring and 20" done launch mode? I tried 4 times so far and only one time it managed to go smoothly. The other three times involved varying amounts of front wheel slip from significant thunks to initial/gradual screeching.

Has anyone experienced similar? These are on default summer tires with the 20" wheels in approximately 40-55F weather. Hasn't been too warm here in California but not sure if the cold is that much of an issue.

I wonder if it's tire pressure related as it's noting 45 psi on all 4 tires on the app, and manual suggests 42 psi. Other than that, can't imagine anything else.
I've had a Touring with the 20" Michelin summer tires here in the NYC area since January. Absolutely no issues with launch mode; works flawlessly, regardless of outside temp. Tires will spin a little bit on wet or dirty surfaces, but that's entirely normal given the immense torque of the vehicle.

With regard to using summer tires at temps below 45 degrees, the biggest concern by far is traction, which is substantially lower at those temps. Physical damage to the tire caused by the cold is a non-issue.

Back