Post Realistic Mileage Here….

It’s been well stated by others, but I want to add another example that EPA range is possible in the real world. I admit I was a skeptic given my lifetime average of 3.2 mi/kWh, but as others have stated, It’s just highly dependent on temperature and driving style. I recently drove my AGT (19 inch wheels and about 7k miles) from the White Mountains, NH to the Boston area, deliberately trying for good range because I was at 50% SoC and didn’t want to stop to charge. It was 70 degrees out and I averaged about 70 mph (slowed to 60 mph on some of the up hills) and was pleasantly surprised to see 4.7 miles/kWh
IMG_4017.jpeg

It’s been well stated by others, but I want to add another example that EPA range is possible in the real world. I admit I was a skeptic given my lifetime average of 3.2 mi/kWh, but as others have stated, It’s just highly dependent on temperature and driving style. I recently drove my AGT (19 inch wheels and about 7k miles) from the White Mountains, NH to the Boston area, deliberately trying for good range because I was at 50% SoC and didn’t want to stop to charge. It was 70 degrees out and I averaged about 70 mph (slowed to 60 mph on some of the up hills) and was pleasantly surprised to see 4.7 miles/kWh
View attachment 12102
Awesome numbers!

I love in Utah and so we get tons of elevation changes, was happy with this short drive I did after temps hit 60
IMG_20230504_183351~2.jpg

Today was a perfect day (65-75 degrees, sunny and low wind). I have an AGT w/19" tires and took the "long/scenic" route for a chunk of my trip down to Boston before jumping on I-95 (75-78 mph with Smooth/ADD/HA) and got 4.5 mi/kWh; drove a bit more aggressively and mostly highway going home and ended up with an overall 3.8 mi/kWh for the day. My lifetime rate is 3.7 mi/kWh with just over 10K miles. The Tidal mixes really make for a pleasant drive. I tend to do very little city driving - it's mostly either backroads or highway.

Have 3K miles on AT/19" wheels/smooth/high regen with in city 3.2mi/kwh , on long road trips 3.8mi/kwh

Has anyone done a test on whether it's more beneficial time wise to go faster and charge more frequently or go slower and maximize range? What will make toy arrive at your destination faster and which approach will save you more time?

It all depends on your assumption about charger availability and charge rate. I think it is better to drive faster and charge. Here are some numbers for my GT with 21" wheels.

330 mile drive - I can easily do this using 80% of my battery at 65 mph (3.7mi/kWhr) - 5.1 hours
Same 330 miles at 75 mph (3.3 mi/kWhr) - 4.4 hours but will use an additional 26 kWhr of energy and require a charging stop. Assuming an average charge rate 100 kW, I need to charge of 16 minutes.

Including charge time, driving 75 mph is 26 minutes faster for this drive than driving at 65 mph.

Has anyone done a test on whether it's more beneficial time wise to go faster and charge more frequently or go slower and maximize range? What will make toy arrive at your destination faster and which approach will save you more time?
At the end of a driving day, can you sit for longer stretches or do you need to get out and use facilities. For your health, faster with breaks is better for your body. 😁

It all depends on your assumption about charger availability and charge rate. I think it is better to drive faster and charge. Here are some numbers for my GT with 21" wheels.

330 mile drive - I can easily do this using 80% of my battery at 65 mph (3.7mi/kWhr) - 5.1 hours
Same 330 miles at 75 mph (3.3 mi/kWhr) - 4.4 hours but will use an additional 26 kWhr of energy and require a charging stop. Assuming an average charge rate 100 kW, I need to charge of 16 minutes.

Including charge time, driving 75 mph is 26 minutes faster for this drive than driving at 65 mph.
Great analysis.

I am very consistent. At 17,000 miles I average 4.0 all around. Since I got the car, since winter (reset trip a) and since last charge. I rarely ever go above 75, and only to pass. Mix of highway and suburbia.

My two proverbial cents on the subject.
My average is 3.1 mi/kWhr/19" tires (over 24k miles driven so far), which my car should be very proud of. And that is with GT-P's peppiness/sheer power at hand.
I never watch efficiency, fcuk that, simply enjoying the car. I truly don't understand members here bitching about that. If one is worrying about it, buy Bolt/Volt/Niro/or some other "stuff". When I'm in Mexico (and in Mexico only) my speed on a freeway, Sprint mode, is between 80-95. The best part, at 95 or so, pressing the pedal still accelerates the car to an obscene speed.
Regardless, to each their own.

My two proverbial cents on the subject.
My average is 3.1 mi/kWhr/19" tires (over 24k miles driven so far), which my car should be very proud of. And that is with GT-P's peppiness/sheer power at hand.
I never watch efficiency, fcuk that, simply enjoying the car. I truly don't understand members here bitching about that. If one is worrying about it, buy Bolt/Volt/Niro/or some other "stuff". When I'm in Mexico (and in Mexico only) my speed on a freeway, Sprint mode, is between 80-95. The best part, at 95 or so, pressing the pedal still accelerates the car to an obscene speed.
Regardless, to each their own.
I never thought I would live in a world where over 1000 hp is “peppy.”

My average over the three months I've driven the Air Touring with 19-inch wheels is about 3.5. On recent journeys between Champaign and Chicago (which has insignificant elevation differential) in 20 mph winds with ambient air temperatures between 55-75 at 73 mph, I've averaged about 3.7. With a 30 mph tailwind at 72 mph I reached 40.1.
Of that three month average, two of those months were temperatures between 35-50 degrees. I drive strictly in "smooth" mode and mostly with cruise control.

I think it truly depends on temperature and a combination of how fast you drive on average. The speed limits here in Utah keep you at 80+ mph at all times. So I don't see myself getting amazing efficiency. I blaze past every Tesla on the road

After my first 1000 miles, my lifetime mi/kw is 3.9. SoCal climate, no winter temps, some hills coming back from the beach cities or dIrving to Temecula. The 19” tires help.

You can get an idea of this on the app, abetterrouteplanner.com. While plugging in a proposed route, one of the parameters you can change on a slider scale is fewer charging stops/longer charging times stops versus more charging stops/shorter charging times.

You can get an idea of this on the app, abetterrouteplanner.com. While plugging in a proposed route, one of the parameters you can change on a slider scale is fewer charging stops/longer charging times stops versus more charging stops/shorter charging times.
I use this app but it's difficult to measure constant speed rather than speed reference %

It also only allows you to set maximum speed. So I can't use it the way I want to in order to make rough calculations.

Also @Adnillien at what speed do the returns diminish where it's not worth going that fast for time loss? For example 80mph isn't as efficient as 70 mph but it'll save you 30 minutes of travel time. And 90 mph may lose you more efficiency than worth it and not gain you as much time

Also @Adnillien at what speed do the returns diminish where it's not worth going that fast for time loss? For example 80mph isn't as efficient as 70 mph but it'll save you 30 minutes of travel time. And 90 mph may lose you more efficiency than worth it and not gain you as much time
My first thought is that going faster will always be better as long as you can make it to the next charger. I will do some plans on ABRP and see if that is true.

For me, the real question is if you think an EA site (or altrenate) is going to be a disaster due to lines or reliability, then drive slow and avoid the charging stop.

View attachment 12102
You’re forgetting to mention the not insignificant elevation change (loss) as you head into Boston. That number is getting a boost by going downhill. Impressive nonetheless. I notice on my way to Burlington VT, I get better efficiency on the return trip than on the way up.

I never thought I would live in a world where over 1000 hp is “peppy.
Lol, good one.
The weight is everything ( in this dog fight) as a number 1.
Then the hp goes as a number 2.
Then... Is the driver's skill

Back