Post Realistic Mileage Here….

I have put about 4,000 miles on my AGT with 21” wheels. I have averaged 3.4 mi/kWh since the day I picked the car up. 99% Smooth and 1 % Swift. Only rarely have I accelerated aggressively. About 20% has been highway driving. Scottsdale weather.

Should I be doing better than 3.4?
The more highway driving you have, the better the Lucid will do. 3.4 is pretty good, I'm also on 21's and I'm at 3.1 =)

i have 21" wheels as well. How do I switch display to show mi/kWh?
You can't. The best you can do is, if you are on software version 2.0.64, there is a Trips button on the bottom right of your Pilot Panel. Click that and you can see the different averages Since Last Charge and Trip A/B.

Just finished trip from SF Bay Area to Arizona and back. A lot of highway driving (generally over 80) Went over mountains in Northern (through Jerome) and Southern (Mt. Lemon). Kept AC running while we went to lunch. Bottom line was 2,477.7 miles, used 677 kWh for 3.7 mi/kWh.

I have put about 4,000 miles on my AGT with 21” wheels. I have averaged 3.4 mi/kWh since the day I picked the car up. 99% Smooth and 1 % Swift. Only rarely have I accelerated aggressively.

I am 98% swift, 1% Sprint and 1% Sloth (when I forget to switch). The acceleration is a big reason I got the car. I only had it at 3 digits once today, though.

300 miles in tons of rain first 2 days of ownership. Ambient temp mid 50s. Headlights, wipers, 70 degree cabin with defrost on 100% smooth and I'm averaging 3.0 kw/mi on 20s.

Average speed probably in the 50s.

A little disappointed in efficiency, but not sure how much better I'd see on a clear day. Although i think my concern about efficiency is going out the window as soon as the weather clears and I can drop it on swift and let it rip.

300 miles in tons of rain first 2 days of ownership. Ambient temp mid 50s. Headlights, wipers, 70 degree cabin with defrost on 100% smooth and I'm averaging 3.0 kw/mi on 20s.

A little disappointed in efficiency, but not sure how much better I'd see on a clear day. Although i think my concern about efficiency is going out the window as soon as the weather clears and I can drop it on swift and let it rip.
Sounds like your drive is mostly city?

AGT with 19" Wheels. 7500 miles and 3.4 mi/kWh. 90% of the time city, but 50/50 by mileage. 65-85 on the highway. Tires 49 psi. SoCal and Central Coast weather. Sprint mode only on the highways.

Just drove between Bellingham, WA and my home in Blaine, WA. Total milage for the round trip is 48 miles. Temp at the time was 59 degrees. No major hills but some minor undulations due to glacial deposits and rivers. Achieved 4.2 m/kWhr during the round trip (70 mph). Since early December, I have put on close to 4000 miles, furtherest drive was just to Puyallup WA and then on to Olympia, WA and returned to Blaine, WA. Mileage of that was just under 300 miles. A few trips to Seattle and back with each trip being about 240 miles each, with the rest of the miles being mostly local. Temperatures ranged between 15 to mid 40 degrees from December through March. April temps have been in the 40s and 50s. During these 4000 miles, I have average 3.2 m/.kWhr. Speeds mostly in the 60 to 75 mph.
My total mileage since I got the car in late Sept, 2022 is 11,659. This includes a 4000 mile trip up over the Rocky Mts to Denver then down south to NM, AZ and So Cal during Thanksgiving with a low temp of about 10 degrees. My total average is 3.1 m/kWhr. Speeds mostly between 80 and 90 mph for that trip. Temperature, elevation changes, speeds and headwinds have been the main impacts of battery efficency. So far, I am very pleased with the mileage (battery) efficiency I have been getting.

Very similar: Touring; 20s; cool climate; smooth. 3.0 is disappointing, but then again the EPA #s are a total fiction.

EPA posts figure in then first place to help consumers make buy decisions. Why their efficiency figures are uniformly overstated can be debated, and I won't debate politics here.

If you aren't on 21s and are getting less than 3.1, you guys are driving too fast 😁

My average since getting my GT with 21" wheels which included last summer in Phoenix running max AC is 3.2 m/kWHr. Last 1000 miles with cooler weather was 3.4 m/kWhr. I drive the way I want traffic permitting, usually in Swift mode. I have tried to drive for better efficeincy but the temptation to hit the electron pedal at a stoplight or on a freeway on ramp is too great for me to resist. I am happy with efficiency.

I have taken multiple several hundred mile trips and calibrated ABRP to match my driving. I use 3.68 m/kWhr at 65 mph reference, 115% of speed limit with a max speed of 85. It works for me and my driving style.
1683000823655.png

My average since getting my GT with 21" wheels which included last summer in Phoenix running max AC is 3.2 m/kWHr. Last 1000 miles with cooler weather was 3.4 m/kWhr. I drive the way I want traffic permitting, usually in Swift mode. I have tried to drive for better efficeincy but the temptation to hit the electron pedal at a stoplight or on a freeway on ramp is too great for me to resist. I am happy with efficiency.

I have taken multiple several hundred mile trips and calibrated ABRP to match my driving. I use 3.68 m/kWhr at 65 mph reference, 115% of speed limit with a max speed of 85. It works for me and my driving style.
View attachment 11950
I'm of two minds on this: Subjectively, I dislike long road trips with hours of cruise control and barely turning the wheel. If there's a flight instead i'll take it every time. So honestly, I didn't buy the car for the EPA range, which (thanks to this site) I know from the beginning was a sham.

On the other hand Lucid priced this car at a premium, hyping the EPA range all the way--and they continue to do so.

Here too, I new what I was getting into (over-paying for)....eyes wide open, and I do love the car

17000 miles in and overall average is 3.0 mi/kWh. Although the last 3400 I’ve averaged 3.1 so the means about 350 miles in a GT with 19s in hilly country.

And people told me something was wrong when I posted my numbers and was convinced 2.9-3.2 mi/kWh was far closer to reality…

Touring with 20in wheels, Phoenix to Denver (via Payson, I40, I25), usually 9 miles over limit (so 74mph or 84mph), 3.0 mi/kWh over the 857.3 miles. On the return, which was very windy, averaged 2.9. I did include a picture of part of the return from Payson to Phoenix. On that downhill I got as much as 5.5 mi/kWh. Ended up at 5.1 for that 84.9 mile section.
IMG_4933.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4930.jpg
    IMG_4930.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4885.jpg
    IMG_4885.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 41
I'm of two minds on this: Subjectively, I dislike long road trips with hours of cruise control and barely turning the wheel. If there's a flight instead i'll take it every time. So honestly, I didn't buy the car for the EPA range, which (thanks to this site) I know from the beginning was a sham.

On the other hand Lucid priced this car at a premium, hyping the EPA range all the way--and they continue to do so.

Here too, I new what I was getting into (over-paying for)....eyes wide open, and I do love the car
Sham? Certainly not.

Averaging 2.7 mi/kWh in the winter with temperatures typically between 30-50 (Huntsville, AL). Spring time has seen a boost to 3.1 mi/kWh with lifetime average of 2.9 mi/kWh.

I won't even try to make the claim that I drive it any other way than a hypercar level, performance vehicle. Speed limit signs are suggestions when you drive this car.

For those who want higher mi/kWh, which I have achieved when necessary, it is possible. I have ticked as high as 3.7 at 70mph over hundreds of miles from Delaware to Alabama. I have also achieved 3.6-3.7 with a heavy intermix of back country roads and highways in Delaware. For those who desire the higher numbers, I encourage you to go drive a Prius or similar vehicle to recalibrate to the requirements necessary to achieve the higher numbers.

The car is a like a siren luring you ever onwards to blistering acceleration and excessive speeding. The latter being an afterthought, a whim, masked away by the ease of the car's passing.

Back