Post Realistic Mileage Here….

I never thought I would live in a world where over 1000 hp is “peppy.”
Don’t take this the wrong way, but at your age you’re going to see the world change massively as you get older. I’m only 34 (almost 35) and the difference from when I was your age to now is ridiculous. I wouldn’t have guessed half the things that now exist would.

It’s exciting to watch the future be built right in front of you :) it’s even more exciting to be the one building it.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but at your age you’re going to see the world change massively as you get older. I’m only 34 (almost 35) and the difference from when I was your age to now is ridiculous. I wouldn’t have guessed half the things that now exist would.

It’s exciting to watch the future be built right in front of you :) it’s even more exciting to be the one building it.
Oh yeah I know... thats why by the time im 25 im probably going to be feeling old with all the new technology. Even NOW I feel somewhat old!

Oh yeah I know... thats why by the time im 25 im probably going to be feeling old with all the new technology. Even NOW I feel somewhat old!
LOL. See you at 30. And then when you’re @Bobby’s age you can tell the kids to get off your robotic lawn.

Back on topic take this car comparison to a different thread

Warm, dry weather has made a marked improvement in my efficiency.

I did a 400 mile round trip with only one charging stop. I managed 4.0 mi/kwh on the to leg and 3.6 on the from leg.

I also did a 273 mile trip with no charging stops. I charged to 100% just before the trip (381 on the guess-o-meter) and got back with 51 miles estimated remaining. So about 80% efficiency.

Much better than the 60% I got in the cold/rain back in March.

I've had my AT (20 inch wheels) for almost a month now. First two weeks drove from Bay Area to Sierra foothills and some other 50+mile trips and averaged 3.7 miles per Kw. Then got an over the air update and the past 2 weeks have been averaging 2.8 miles per Kw. Its actually been better weather the past 2 weeks than the first 2 weeks - no rain, around 70 degrees. I'm taking it in to the Millbrae service center Friday morning to get checked out, as my range seems to be severely less than what I am seeing folks in this thread report, and it was OK the first 2 weeks. I'm pretty gentle - 75 or under on the freeway, all in smooth mode. Lately I've kept the A/C off to see if that could be a drain, but hasn't made any noticeable difference.

• Wow
Reactions: DJL
I've had my AT (20 inch wheels) for almost a month now. First two weeks drove from Bay Area to Sierra foothills and some other 50+mile trips and averaged 3.7 miles per Kw. Then got an over the air update and the past 2 weeks have been averaging 2.8 miles per Kw. Its actually been better weather the past 2 weeks than the first 2 weeks - no rain, around 70 degrees. I'm taking it in to the Millbrae service center Friday morning to get checked out, as my range seems to be severely less than what I am seeing folks in this thread report, and it was OK the first 2 weeks. I'm pretty gentle - 75 or under on the freeway, all in smooth mode. Lately I've kept the A/C off to see if that could be a drain, but hasn't made any noticeable difference.
The car may still be calibrating its calculations. I actually noticed an efficiency improvement after about 2,500 miles, service confirmed this can happen as the internal resistances in the drive motors loosen up a little requiring a little less power to propel the car. What I’d do is once you reach a steady speed, reset your Trip A and try and drive at a constant speed for 50 miles or so, that will tell you the true efficiency. The car’s efficiency is dramatically reduced by getting up to speed, on-ramps, etc. You’ll find the efficiency at steady speed is pretty impressive.

I took the car to Chapel Hill from Charlotte last week and on a round trip to my lake house yesterday. Both trips looked like 375-400 mile range, so I was in the 3.4-3.6 area which seems pretty on par for an AGT on 21's. I do not drive for efficiency, but I do try to keep it under 10 mph over the limit. We'll see what I get on my trip to Atlanta Saturday.

The car may still be calibrating its calculations. I actually noticed an efficiency improvement after about 2,500 miles, service confirmed this can happen as the internal resistances in the drive motors loosen up a little requiring a little less power to propel the car. What I’d do is once you reach a steady speed, reset your Trip A and try and drive at a constant speed for 50 miles or so, that will tell you the true efficiency. The car’s efficiency is dramatically reduced by getting up to speed, on-ramps, etc. You’ll find the efficiency at steady speed is pretty impressive.
I was skeptical of the break-in concept for improved efficiency, but I have also noticed improvement by about .2 m/kWh after 3000 miles or so.

Weather warming up! Super impressed to be seeing these numbers in bumpy Utah!
I'm on 19"
IMG_20230518_191038.jpg

Thanks for your insight. I had my appointment this morning, the car checks out with no problems. I'll look for improvement as I get to 2500 miles.

Touring
20" Michelin
Typically no A/C
Elevation change (+/- 300 feet normal driving)
Temps 30-96 over the past 4 months
Miles 2,400
High Regen ON

Lifetime m/kWh 3.9

This is great. Do you have an app that tracks this?
Not an app. Just data from owners start and end soc ambient temp KWh received time station id date. The rest is calculated. Curves are from screenshot of lucid app charging. The link is current

It all depends on your assumption about charger availability and charge rate. I think it is better to drive faster and charge. Here are some numbers for my GT with 21" wheels.

330 mile drive - I can easily do this using 80% of my battery at 65 mph (3.7mi/kWhr) - 5.1 hours
Same 330 miles at 75 mph (3.3 mi/kWhr) - 4.4 hours but will use an additional 26 kWhr of energy and require a charging stop. Assuming an average charge rate 100 kW, I need to charge of 16 minutes.

Including charge time, driving 75 mph is 26 minutes faster for this drive than driving at 65 mph.
this does not take into account time spent driving to and from the SC. to get off a highway, frequently drive a few miles to get to the charger and back on kills 15 minutes minimum.

I recently took a trip in my AGT (19" wheels) from Dayton OH to Winston Salem NC and back, 408 miles each way, with temperatures between 60-75 degrees. The starting and ending elevations are approximately the same at between 800-900'. The West Virginia mountains in between rise to 3200'. The speed limits are 70 MPH for about half of the trip, 65 MPH for about 40%, and 60 MPH for about 10%. I tend to drive the speed limits +2-3MPH most of the time. Mileage going South was 3.9mi/KW, and 4.1mi/KW on the return going North. I stopped to charge 1 time on both trips, but could have coasted into my destination with 40-50 miles of range without charging.

Thanks for your insight. I had my appointment this morning, the car checks out with no problems. I'll look for improvement as I get to 2500 miles.
Your numbers (i am assuming you are referencing "since last charge") can also be affected by how you charge. Are you fast charging and then letting it sit? Or charging overnight and letting it stay plugged in for several hours once it has completed? Both of these will lower your numbers.

IMG_20230629_112906.jpg

I don't have aero cap covers btw. Took them off a month ago.

I miss summer weather drives!! Efficiency always comes back when temps are warmer.

At the end of a driving day, can you sit for longer stretches or do you need to get out and use facilities. For your health, faster with breaks is better for your body. 😁
So true for any of us past puberty who have a prostate 😀😃

Back