Post Realistic Mileage Here….

Pretty happy with this today. Still have about 90 miles to go on the highway so this will drop some.
20230629_162327.jpg

My mileage has been slowly increasing.I’m not sure if it’s due to more conservative driving or maybe the drivetrain breaking in or perhaps a combination ( I just hit 20 k miles) I’ve seen as high as 3.7 m/KWH per charge, I’ve averaged 3.2 for the last 7000 miles and 3.1 for 20K total.

My mileage has been slowly increasing.I’m not sure if it’s due to more conservative driving or maybe the drivetrain breaking in or perhaps a combination ( I just hit 20 k miles) I’ve seen as high as 3.7 m/KWH per charge, I’ve averaged 3.2 for the last 7000 miles and 3.1 for 20K total.
Winter takes a hit hard, then you start seeing it slowly going back up for summer. That's what happened to me

This is my average commute between charging. This last week I reset the trip B to see how much the BMS system is still diminishing mi/kWh. 5 kWh were lost to that system, my driving is near epa identical without it. Mix of highway/city driving in smooth mode. The summer has definitely brought back up efficiency as expected, just sucks losing that much to BMS. It used all of those 5 kWh in the first day or two, so phantom drain appears to be minute and it can be attributed to cooling the pack. Either way, I can still get very good efficency!

Attachments

• IMG_3929.jpeg
    IMG_3929.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
This is my average commute between charging. This last week I reset the trip B to see how much the BMS system is still diminishing mi/kWh. 5 kWh were lost to that system, my driving is near epa identical without it. Mix of highway/city driving in smooth mode. The summer has definitely brought back up efficiency as expected, just sucks losing that much to BMS. It used all of those 5 kWh in the first day or two, so phantom drain appears to be minute and it can be attributed to cooling the pack. Either way, I can still get very good efficency!
Those are some fantastic numbers.

What size tires do you have?

Also, how do you know how much of non-driving drain the BMS is consuming? Are you just comparing to last week's trip data?

Those are some fantastic numbers.

What size tires do you have?

Also, how do you know how much of non-driving drain the BMS is consuming? Are you just comparing to last week's trip data?
I have 19” wheels!

The biggest piece of evidence is I DCFC and drove 15 miles to my shop and parked the car. I had reset the trip counter at the charging station so everything is the same. When I got back into the car after work, the “since last charge” had consumed 3 more kWh than trip B did. When I parked at my shop you can hear the BMS system running. The remaining 2 kWh were lost upon parking at my house and waking up the next morning - yet again the car had been sitting outside in the heat all day and the battery needed to cool off. After that, I lost nothing else the remainder of the week. So trip B only took into account how I drive, since last charging counted that BMS draw.

I have 19” wheels!

The biggest piece of evidence is I DCFC and drove 15 miles to my shop and parked the car. I had reset the trip counter at the charging station so everything is the same. When I got back into the car after work, the “since last charge” had consumed 3 more kWh than trip B did. When I parked at my shop you can hear the BMS system running. The remaining 2 kWh were lost upon parking at my house and waking up the next morning - yet again the car had been sitting outside in the heat all day and the battery needed to cool off. After that, I lost nothing else the remainder of the week. So trip B only took into account how I drive, since last charging counted that BMS draw.
Out of curiosity, how hot is it outside by you?

I'm in LV and my car is parked in my garage, which is insulated but is still close to 100F while outdoors it's 113F. The BMS fan does not turn on by itself in the garage, unless I'm L2 charging. Normally, once I arrive home and lock the car (which turns off the A/C I was using while driving), that's it and the car goes silent. I drive an AT so not sure if that would make a difference versus AGT.

Out of curiosity, how hot is it outside by you?

I'm in LV and my car is parked in my garage, which is insulated but is still close to 100F while outdoors it's 113F. The BMS fan does not turn on by itself in the garage, unless I'm L2 charging. Normally, once I arrive home and lock the car (which turns off the A/C I was using while driving), that's it and the car goes silent. I drive an AT so not sure if that would make a difference versus AGT.
It just recently hit 103 here (Sonoma county california), but where my shop is, it will be in the 80s and the car is garage kept at my house which doesn’t exceed 80 even on the hot days. Now, this isn’t a full blown BMS fan, but rather the low level humming noise of the coolant pump. It’s quite faint, but you can hear it most commonly after a DCFC charge session and the fans go quiet.

It just recently hit 103 here (Sonoma county california), but where my shop is, it will be in the 80s and the car is garage kept at my house which doesn’t exceed 80 even on the hot days. Now, this isn’t a full blown BMS fan, but rather the low level humming noise of the coolant pump. It’s quite faint, but you can hear it most commonly after a DCFC charge session and the fans go quiet.
I just returned from a 3000 mile road trip. I have an air GT I’m running custom made 20 inch wheels with Michelin summer tires, I know I have 6000 miles on my car and I left from Boulder Colorado drove to Astoria Oregon, which is on the Pacific Ocean toured the coast and then drove back to Boulder totaling 2964 miles. One passenger and luggage for two people. as you all, I’m sure know, speed dramatically affects efficiency at 80 to 85 mph I only achieved 3.2 miles per kilowatt hour. at 80 mpg, I, averaged 3.3, but the huge an amazing surprise and I promise you this is true, for the last 500 full miles of my trip. I set my cruise control at 76 or 77 mph and I was shocked to have achieved 4.4 mi./kWh and this is completely shocking to me no joke I could actually achieve 475 miles on a full charge!! I’m completely surprised and shocked at this result, but I promise you it’s true, I made 14 total stops at Electrify America stations. Only, I never one time waited, and I never one time was not able to charge successfully at any of the stations, there were pumps that didn’t work, but there were always pumps the dead, and I am shocked and surprised by this result, how seamless and easy this road trip was.

Attachments

• IMG_3459.jpeg
    IMG_3459.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 89
I just returned from a 3000 mile road trip. I have an air GT I’m running custom made 20 inch wheels with Michelin summer tires, I know I have 6000 miles on my car and I left from Boulder Colorado drove to Astoria Oregon, which is on the Pacific Ocean toured the coast and then drove back to Boulder totaling 2964 miles. One passenger and luggage for two people. as you all, I’m sure know, speed dramatically affects efficiency at 80 to 85 mph I only achieved 3.2 miles per kilowatt hour. at 80 mpg, I, averaged 3.3, but the huge an amazing surprise and I promise you this is true, for the last 500 full miles of my trip. I set my cruise control at 76 or 77 mph and I was shocked to have achieved 4.4 mi./kWh and this is completely shocking to me no joke I could actually achieve 475 miles on a full charge!! I’m completely surprised and shocked at this result, but I promise you it’s true, I made 14 total stops at Electrify America stations. Only, I never one time waited, and I never one time was not able to charge successfully at any of the stations, there were pumps that didn’t work, but there were always pumps the dead, and I am shocked and surprised by this result, how seamless and easy this road trip was.
One more thing, the entire trip was done with the air conditioner, running front and rear, the stereo, playing loud and often one or both front massage seats running. I never tried to do anything to conserve on electrical consumption.

Sounds like a great trip! I love stories like this. Normally I’m not a fan of blinged out wheels, but yours looks like something out of a video game and fun so I’m totally on board with those wheels.

Sounds like a great trip! I love stories like this. Normally I’m not a fan of blinged out wheels, but yours looks like something out of a video game and fun so I’m totally on board with those wheels.
Thank you, I know they’re not for everybody but I just really like them and apparently they’re very aerodynamic in that I had those red perforated shields made that cover the internals of the wheel. I’m very happy with their efficiency and with the 20 inch Michelin summer tires that are EV specific, I went with 255 instead of 245 on all four. Keeping my fingers crossed, but in my 6000 miles I have had zero mechanical issues with the car. It feels rocksolid and I am very confident that I have a really great car.

I more than most know this to be true. Great to hear others having range success. Just recently completed a trip to Reno from Santa Rosa on a full charge with no problems, up 80 the whole way - this car is a range monster when you really want it to be!

How much of that last trip is downhill?

Back