Poll: When will Lucid open Gravity Orders?

When will Lucid open Gravity Orders?

• Total voters
But both of those configurations had already completed EPA certification. Nothing on the Gravity appears to be certified yet, although it may be complete and just not on the web site yet.

My car was one of the first Tourings. Manufactured in November. Delivered to me December 24th. There were also exactly 6 Pures delivered around the same time. They did this in order to say they had met their goal of shipping both trims by the end of the year.

There's still time. Particularly if they hand pick the folks they want to deliver to (yes, they will live in CA) and give them exactly one configuration from which to choose, like they did with the Pure. One color. One interior. Crank out a half dozen and hold a press event to "deliver" them. Totally doable.

Not saying they will. Just that they could. Unless there really is some sort of monkey wrench in the works right now with the pre-production cars.
Release candidate Gravity's are coming off the line in Casa Grande so it is entirely possible that EPA testing and other testing are already underway. I still think that it is possible to deliver a few of them before the end of the year.

My car was one of the first Tourings. Manufactured in November. Delivered to me December 24th. There were also exactly 6 Pures delivered around the same time. They did this in order to say they had met their goal of shipping both trims by the end of the year.
By the time they started building Touring they have been building Dream Edition and Grand Touring for a year already.
EPA ranges of Dream Edition were announced on September 16, 2021. By that date there were likely quite a few production ready but "not for customers" cars produced.
And even after that the first delivery of Dream Edition happened on October 30.
So again: it's realistic to have the first end customer delivery by the EoY if they already produce cars of exact configuration they plan to deliver and use these cars already for all administrative procedures. Do they? Maaaybe. The latest flyover caught just 5 Gravity cars, few of them clearly prototype cars. Do they have many more? Maaaybe, but there are not so many signs they do.

Now we know why they were delaying……stock issuance. Keep the juicy news till after the stock drop.

It's unrealistic to have even single Gravity delivered to the end customer by the EoY IMHO. Before this to happen several administrative procedures have to be done, and some of these procedures like EPA ratings have to be performed on exact specs (at least for some specs).
To have this all done, start production and deliver a vehicle to a customer by the EoY, Lucid should have already started production, just produce "not for end customers" cars now.

So again: it's realistic to have the first end customer delivery by the EoY if they already produce cars of exact configuration they plan to deliver and use these cars already for all administrative procedures. Do they? Maaaybe. The latest flyover caught just 5 Gravity cars, few of them clearly prototype cars. Do they have many more? Maaaybe, but there are not so many signs they do.

I am repeating myself, so I promise I will only write this one more time. Beginning with the unveiling last November (if not earlier), Lucid has been very disciplined in its earnings reports and other communications---except for apparently one sales email to @hmp10---to say that the "start of production" is expected in late 2024, not customer deliveries. Analysts are accordingly expecting customer deliveries in early 2025.

If Lucid does deliver any vehicles to customers by year-end, they will be over-delivering (ha!) on their public statements to the market. Judged against those public statements, Gravity is not behind schedule (yet).

. . . Lucid has been very disciplined in its earnings reports and other communications---except for apparently one sales email to @hmp10---to say that the "start of production" is expected in late 2024, not customer deliveries.

That post on Reddit was not an email to me. It was put up by another Reddit user who was communicating with Lucid.

I see you have concluded that "The Verge" must have misrepresented what Peter Rawlinson told them in the August interview at Pebble Beach, although it was right in line with the written communication from Lucid that was posted on Reddit. You have absolutely no evidence Rawlinson's being misrepresented other than it does not fit your contention that no one at Lucid ever said customer deliveries would start by year end. ("The Verge" is a 20-year-old technology journal that is highly rated for the accuracy of its reporting and sources. It has significant enough readership that Nick Twork, Lucid's media head, would probably have asked for a correction if they had misrepresented Rawlinson.)

As I have said, I agree that Lucid is now consistently saying only that production will start by year end. But that is a very different thing from saying that Lucid never said customer deliveries would start later this year.

There is nothing insidious or dishonest in Lucid changing a self-imposed deadline. They did it repeatedly during the run-up to the start of Air production, and they've been doing it since the Gravity was first teased as arriving in 2023. In fact, it's pretty much industry standard practice these days, especially with EV companies such as Tesla, Rivian, and Lucid, all of which repeatedly and significantly move release and delivery dates. And, as I've posted at least twice here, I personally would rather Lucid delay deliveries if that's what it takes to deliver a completely nailed-down product.

But to claim Lucid has not likely moved the delivery schedule out over the past couple of months is simply untrue.

, the Insider said 🤣
Just to avoid confusion, as fun as the jokes are, nobody (that I am aware of) who is not an employee of Lucid has any info on anything related to this at all, to date. I certainly don’t.

Please stop DM’ing me asking me for things I don’t know. Lol

Looks like Lucid is keeping the message consistent of when the Gravity will get into peoples’ hands. The engineering lead in this video says something along the lines of “late this year”. See around the 9 min mark.

Back