Polarizing Green-Yellow Wrap

copper

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Found today in Millbrae when my car went in for the recall check (all clear too)

Attachments

• AED21967-B84E-4C04-8384-B036002DEC35.jpeg
    AED21967-B84E-4C04-8384-B036002DEC35.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 230
  • ED73BD98-7669-4AB4-9B11-3EC00F767114.jpeg
    ED73BD98-7669-4AB4-9B11-3EC00F767114.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 240
  • 8E88E738-F9CA-4E24-88B6-549AF4B0365C.jpeg
    8E88E738-F9CA-4E24-88B6-549AF4B0365C.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 226
  • 87B58528-D013-4048-92C5-28A61721A202.jpeg
    87B58528-D013-4048-92C5-28A61721A202.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 242
What do you mean polarizing? Looks great. :p

All kidding aside, not the shade of green I would choose (I'd go with more of a British racing green), but I still think it's pretty cool.

In person, it looked great.

Very noticeable, nice how it blends between green at the ends and yellow in the middle. Not sure I would want that exact color scheme but eyecatching to be sure. On a slightly different note I asked 2 different ceramic coat installers about a wrap on cars here in TX and they both said that they wouldn't do it. Said that it gets too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter for the wrap to last more than 3 yrs on average, not even the 5 you expect. I had these visions of a blue Air when I saw someone post pics earlier, but after hearing that resigned myself to leaving it Gray whenever it comes in. I would be curious if anyone has had this problem in warm states (FL, AZ, NM, looking at you?).

This green was one of those colors that you can't accurately reproduce in an image. In person, it was mostly a brilliant green with a pronounced metalflake. Something you'd see on a custom show car. The flop toward yellow wasn't nearly as prominent as it appears in the image.

I would be curious if anyone has had this problem in warm states (FL, AZ, NM, looking at you?).

I talked to a local installer who was listed on the Stek website as an approved PPF installer. He told me they had quit using Stek products because they had too much warranty work occasioned by premature yellowing of the film under Florida's strong UV radiation. He said they were now exclusively an Xpel installer, as it tended to resist yellowing better. However, he added that Florida's climate pushed every product to its limits.

This green was one of those colors that you can't accurately reproduce in an image. In person, it was mostly a brilliant green with a pronounced metalflake. Something you'd see on a custom show car. The flop toward yellow wasn't nearly as prominent as it appears in the image.
I disagree. I was there with it for ~30min and the yellow was very prominent. Are you sure we're referring to the same car?

I’m wondering what it’s been doing there since the 18th when @DeaneG posted it.

It looks more green in his photo.

I talked to a local installer who was listed on the Stek website as an approved PPF installer. He told me they had quit using Stek products because they had too much warranty work occasioned by premature yellowing of the film under Florida's strong UV radiation. He said they were now exclusively an Xpel installer, as it tended to resist yellowing better. However, he added that Florida's climate pushed every product to its limits.
Yeah, thats pretty much what the 2 guys I talked to said. Both said if I was really dying to change the car color the best thing to do would be to custom paint it. But I doubt anyone will want to take on custom painting a new Lucid Air.

Other manufacturers offer green color for adventure and fun attitude.

B6D6E341-C10E-4F7A-97B2-4C2494594CFB.jpeg

I still like my zenith red more than other available colors. After after 6pm, the sparking wine red becomes almost black.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think green is cool and fun, just not classy and elegant.

Last edited:
I disagree. I was there with it for ~30min and the yellow was very prominent. Are you sure we're referring to the same car?
How many could there be? o_O Probably just a difference in the direction of illumination and viewing between you and I. It was outside in direct sunlight for me. I didn't walk around it, just viewed it from the sunlit side.
Kermit GT.jpg

Last edited:
Angular Metamerism is the term I was looking for. I'm not a color scientist, but have played one in my career when the need arose.

Back