Car color suggestion

I went down to OCDetailing and saw their work in person and it's pretty impressive. They had something like that car, if not that exact car (probably was but I wouldn't swear to the accuracy of my memory on this one) and it looked better in person than I would have expected. If you are thinking of using them, it's best to go there and talk to them. They know far more than anybody else about what might work, especially with you there to give feedback.

I ultimately ended up waiting for a car in the color I wanted, but in some cases, people are better off getting a different color and a good quality wrap. OCDetailing isn't cheap but you get the quality that you pay for.

Gotta echo this. They did my PPF, and I cannot say enough good things about them. Even when Lucid had to replace parts, they still rewrapped them for me for free (whenever possible, I asked for an invoice for Lucid to reimburse them, but eventually Lucid stopped covering PPF unless it was explicitly their fault, not a defect I could have noticed before PPF).

They're spectacular. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. This is my car:

and

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpeg
    IMG_3599.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 80
1708731259444.jpeg

The Conditions of a Solitary Bird are five:
The first, that it flies to the highest point;
The second, that it does not suffer companionship, even of its own kind;
The third, that it points its beak toward the sky;
The fourth, that it does not have a definite color;
The fifth, that it sings sweetly.

San Juan de la Cruz

Last edited:
We are waiting on delivery for the car this afternoon, but I am thinking of letting my four year old daughter pick the color to get the car wrapped. The white isn't really to our taste since Zenith Red and the Pure color was not available for the GT-P. As you would imagine, this is the color she wanted:

Congratulations!! You must be excited! It's been a long time.
That color would get you a lot of attention, as if the car won't do that itself. I kind of like it though. My husband used to have a ski bib in that color, he really stood out on the slopes. But what color are you really thinking about?

Congratulations!! You must be excited! It's been a long time.
That color would get you a lot of attention, as if the car won't do that itself. I kind of like it though. My husband used to have a ski bib in that color, he really stood out on the slopes. But what color are you really thinking about?
I am legitimately considering letting my four year old daughter pick the color. This was her first choice. I will put together a tiny collage of alternatives, but she is 100% girly girl and unlikely to change her mind.

My son at 2 years old has no preference. He will have to wait for the next opportunity.

I am legitimately considering letting my four year old daughter pick the color. This was her first choice. I will put together a tiny collage of alternatives, but she is 100% girly girl and unlikely to change her mind.

My son at 2 years old has no preference. He will have to wait for the next opportunity.
Do it! I can imagine pink looking really good with the accents wrapped in a satin black, almost like @mylucidmiami s Air but pink instead of yellow!

Do know, if you plan on keeping the car a long time, she may suddenly "change her mind" about the color. I'm guilty of this too, picking a black on black car at 5 and regretting it when I turned 8. Then again, thats a benefit of a wrap, as it can be quickly removed and replaced with another color!

Absolutely my very favorite look for the air 🏆
This is an owner in my neighborhood, similar wrap minus the blacked out door handles.

Attachments

• IMG_2338.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 73

A year ago I had a 2 year old grandson and a newborn granddaughter. My kids gave his high chair to the new baby (Stokke Tripp Trapp) and told my grandson that he would get a new one and he could pick out the color. He picked pink so that is what I got him.

This is an owner in my neighborhood, similar wrap minus the blacked out door handles.
I have a White touring and this looks very nicely done... I'm tempted!

You are a very nice Dad! The only thing that we've let my son choose is the names of the pets. That's why we have Ahsoka (Star Wars), Loki (Marvel) and Merry (Lord of the Rings).

We are waiting on delivery for the car this afternoon, but I am thinking of letting my four year old daughter pick the color to get the car wrapped. The white isn't really to our taste since Zenith Red and the Pure color was not available for the GT-P. As you would imagine, this is the color she wanted:

@Rogue, did you make a color choice yet?
Yeah we did. Hot pink like in the link for the Lambo. STEK has the color under development and set to be released in 3-6 months. More colors are supposed to be available and released all at once.

A game of patience at this point. This is the company my installer suggested: https://www.stek-usa.com/fashion-film/. 10 year guarantee on the fashion film (aka PPF) with hydrophobic qualities etc etc.

I was quoted 7-7.5k. Is this the expected range for color changing PPF? Believe there are quotes somewhere on the forum.

Yeah we did. Hot pink like in the link for the Lambo. STEK has the color under development and set to be released in 3-6 months. More colors are supposed to be available and released all at once.

A game of patience at this point. This is the company my installer suggested: https://www.stek-usa.com/fashion-film/. 10 year guarantee on the fashion film (aka PPF) with hydrophobic qualities etc etc.

I was quoted 7-7.5k. Is this the expected range for color changing PPF? Believe there are quotes somewhere on the forum.
Actually, thats a pretty good price for PPF itself, depending on your location. I would have expected the cost of colored ppf to be way more expensive. I also want to note that hydrophobic PPF is not as good as the real thing (a dedicated ceramic coat on top) as the "ceramic infused" ppf is not "real" ceramic coating.

Also, what is the opacity of the film? Some colored ppfs have a high transparency, which would really take away from that beautiful hot pink effect. Are you also planning on wrapping the platinum pieces matte black to provide a nicer contrast vs silver?

Actually, thats a pretty good price for PPF itself, depending on your location. I would have expected the cost of colored ppf to be way more expensive. I also want to note that hydrophobic PPF is not as good as the real thing (a dedicated ceramic coat on top) as the "ceramic infused" ppf is not "real" ceramic coating.

Also, what is the opacity of the film? Some colored ppfs have a high transparency, which would really take away from that beautiful hot pink effect. Are you also planning on wrapping the platinum pieces matte black to provide a nicer contrast vs silver?
100% opacity. It will be a complete color change. As for the platinum pieces, we may keep those as is. I have joked with my wife about doing the Miami Blue from STEK as the contrasting color. We will see.

Not too concerned about hydrophobic properties. As long as it looks good, I don't really care about that part.

Back