Please shere your PPF quotes for front clip and whole car. Just want to see if the quotes I've received are similar. Thx.

Dr Chill

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I was quoted $2000 and $2500 for the front bumper/hood/fenders/mirrors and $5500 and $6500 for the whole car. Is that similar to what others have been quoted? This is for standard PPF film, not the Matte finish. Installers used either Xpel Ultimate or STEK.

I received a quote last July in anticipation of getting my car in November. Front end only was $1200 as you described. $1850 ceramic entire car. Upon delivery of the car, there were some issues I needed Lucid to handle which they did 1st of year. The tech did a marvelous job on everything he could except trunk alignment with fender panels. He needed additional sets of hands which meant the car had to be taken to a body shop. Lucid trailered my car from northern Maryland to Richmond VA to perform repair last week (took 4 days start to finish, looks perfect now). I have an appointment with detailer shop next week to go over what I think I want done (PPF entire vehicle, ceramic coat, window tint) and will know exactly how much by Thursday noon. I can report back at that time. The shop is very good, recommended by local Porsche dealer who sends all their cars there.
2 friends with Taycans who have had theirs fully PPF and ceramic coated there at around $5100 a year ago

I'm not inquiring about ceramic coating as I do that myself. Only curious about the cost of the paint protection film. STEK films are hydrophobic and supposedly don't require ceramic coating.

They actually do a lot more than just apply PPF.
"
the Lucid will undergo a full prep/wash and inspection from the moment we receive the car. We will measure the paint to ensure there are no low spots or issues from the factory. Typically with a new vehicle everything is good but we always like to check and note.

After the full prep and bath, we will do a full clay treatment and paint correction. This will remove all the embedded contaminants and blemishes. The correcting steps will consist of correcting, polishing, jeweling and priming. All lead up to a flawless, deep and beautiful finish, with the car being white it will give it a more brilliant and glossy finish.

After the correction process, we will plot and install the PPF"

And your cost for this process? That's all I'm asking. I have had this done to many of my cars in the past and now the price seems higher. Maybe it's just that it's a larger car vs higher labor costs vs higher film costs, or all 3.

I'm not inquiring about ceramic coating as I do that myself. Only curious about the cost of the paint protection film. STEK films are hydrophobic and supposedly don't require ceramic coating.
$7.900 PPF whole car, with ceramic coating & tint all glass (including glass canopy). Installer used Lluminar with ceramic impregnated. Work was done by shop that was close by the Lucid center in Riviera Beach FL.

Do not have new quote yet.
Previous Taycan $5100 PPF + creamic (cannot breakout ceramic from $5100)

I had my Air GT PPF wrapped - (the front-end and A Pillars), the entire car Ceramic coated and windows tinted for $2,700.
Magna did a phenomenal job, so if you're in the AZ market and looking for PPF, Ceramic coating, or window tinting I highly recommend this shop. Ask Mo or JC.
George_23.jpg
George 2.jpg
George 3.jpg

Just a couple of things: 1) STEK or the Xpel Ultimate Fusion (also hydrophobic) do repel water but the hydrophobic feature is not really worth paying extra for because the ceramic coating does a much better job and will last longer if properly applied and cared for. 2) Having a qualified detailer apply your ceramic coating is a better option than doing it yourself in my opinion (maybe you are an expert and have the baking capability??) because if done properly it should be coated multiple times with baking in between each coat and then the ceramic will last much longer and do a much better job or repelling bugs, poop, etc.

$3,650 XPel Ultimate throughout the car minus the A pillar piece/roof and the rear bumper. It is up to you to detail your car or hire someone. I clayed it myself and polished it.

As far as doing ceramic coating, I don't think the professionals doing the coating justifies the cost. There are inexpensive coatings that hold up almost as well as the expensive pro-only coatings and I reapply every 6-9 months. Applying it is very easy and quick. The only thing I don't do is paint correction, but my cars usually don't need it due to ppf and ceramic from day 1.

To those who want to put PPF on their Air, just wanted to share this video which helps us to choose the PPF brand

For someone who lives in Houston and the Southeast area, I recommend Tint World, I paid
1. Ultimate Tint 4D 30% All
TW IR NANO CERAMIC PLUS 2-PLY FILM
4 side windows and rear glasses $631.30
2. PPF Full front Suntek Ultra Clear Paint Protection Film with Top coat, stain resistance, self healing, nearly invisable, 10-Year warranty, NON CAP
$1,999.15
3. Ceramic Coating
Ceramic Premium 4D
$1,157.40
All above come with a 5 year warranty

Reactions: DTA
I was quoted $2000 and $2500 for the front bumper/hood/fenders/mirrors and $5500 and $6500 for the whole car. Is that similar to what others have been quoted? This is for standard PPF film, not the Matte finish. Installers used either Xpel Ultimate or STEK.
Shop 1
full $7500 XPEL Ultimate
$2000 front clip
Ceramic Coating: $600 XPEL Fusion+ 4 year warranty
Ceramic Tint: $440-$650
Full interior coating: $400
$9100 total

Shop 2
full XPEL Ultimate $6000 10 year warranty
$1800 front clip and pillars
Ceramic Tint: $600 XPEL XR Plus lifetime warranty
Ceramic Coating: $1250 over PPF
full interior coating: $400 upholstery then rest hard surfaces $400
Wheels and calipers: if done with PPF $600 (lone service $800)
STEK Film dynoshield: TBD
$7200 (full body PPF, tint, wheels)

Shop 3
full body $7000 STEK 8mil Ceramic coating gloss 10 year warranty 1-2 years
full front end $1650 STEK full
STEK Film dynoshield: $550 1 year warranty (windshield wipers scratch it, clean often)
powder coating wheels: $650
Interior Tints: $550 + $250 (for windshield) full vehicle
internal ceramic: $400
$7400 (PPF and internal ceramic)
$7700 Full PPF and Ceramic Coating

Decided on Llumar Valor (identical to Suntek Ultra but with 12 yr warranty) on front of car and mirrors/A pillars for $2000 from Mario at Ironclad. They are Lucid certified and can pickup car at Lucid Riviera Beach, apply film/window tint/ceramic coat and do full body and interior inspection and return car to service center for correction of any paint/body issues or gap/alignment issues before you take delivery. Has done many Lucid Airs.

Here to tell you that "ceramic coated" films are only "ceramic infused". In-depth information here about "ceramic coated" PPF.

TLDR - Regardless of what marketing terms a manufacturer or shop is using - those hydrophobic properties and chemical resistance properties don't last. These films DO NOT replace a ceramic coating on top of paint protection film. Anyone telling you differently is just trying to sell you to get you into their shop because the cheaper price point is attractive.

Decided on Llumar Valor (identical to Suntek Ultra but with 12 yr warranty) on front of car and mirrors/A pillars for $2000 from Mario at Ironclad. They are Lucid certified and can pickup car at Lucid Riviera Beach, apply film/window tint/ceramic coat and do full body and interior inspection and return car to service center for correction of any paint/body issues or gap/alignment issues before you take delivery. Has done many Lucid Airs.

LLumar Valor is not SunTek Ultra. Suntek Ultra is the non-ceramic enhanced PPF. LLumar Valor is comparable to SunTek Reaction, which is the better film.

Do not have new quote yet.
Previous Taycan $5100 PPF + creamic (cannot breakout ceramic from $5100)
Did you get a quote for the Lucid? Also do you mind sharing what shop it is?

Yes I have, and scheduled for May 1st.
Partial: (Taycan pictured as Porsche is his specialty, his shop had several Ferraris in addition to a dozen Porsche)
  • PPF hood, bumper (both front and rear), small fender pieces, mirror caps - $2700
  • Ceramic coat entire vehicle body, glass, trim, plastics, wheel faces, calipers, and any other surface on exterior - $1850
  • Window tint side and rear -$300
  • Porsche-911-Turbo-S-992-Front_.png
Full:
  • PPF as described above except FULL car with Ceramic coating - $6500
  • Window tint side and rear - $300
  • Porsche-911-Turbo-S-992-Full-Vehicle.png

I have 2 friends that have had their Taycans PPF and coated there, both look great and they are very pleased. They are in process of moving to a larger facility, just across the street. A little remote, Forest Hill, MD.
Brian Daly ~ Owner, Reflected Images
Dan Ardila ~ Quote

Back