Question Regarding Leaving The Car With PPF Installer

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
I'm still waiting for my Dream Edition to be delivered. I have made arrangements to take it in for PPF and Ceramic Coating with my local guy who did my Porsche. Since others have mentioned having problems with the fob and the card and locking, unlocking, etc., I'm wondering what I should give the installer when I leave the car with him?? I'm also wondering if those of you who have done the PPF installation can tell me if your installer cut holes where the sensors are on the front bumper? Any other helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My guy uses XPEL Ultimate film and either FeynLab or Ceramic Pro for the ceramic treatment. We did Ceramic Pro Gold on the Porsche but he now says the FeynLab is a better product??

Haven't any of the Dream Edition recipients had PPF installed? Ceramic coating?

Ashoka got his car wrapped

I was planning on leaving both card and fob. Both installers I've talked to are are going to cut the holes. I'm scheduled for first week of March, everyone here is so busy.

They could test it without holes, and then cut the holes if needed. I prefer the sensors wrapped.

They could test it without holes, and then cut the holes if needed. I prefer the sensors wrapped.
The techs at Millbrae said the holes should be cut. Not sure what the best way to test it would be? Question is if they are covered will they overreact or under react?

I was planning on leaving both card and fob. Both installers I've talked to are are going to cut the holes. I'm scheduled for first week of March, everyone here is so busy.
Ok that sounds like a good plan. I’m concerned because I will be the first one they do and the car is a little confusing to drive. I haven’t driven a Tesla but they have done many. Is it similar?

The techs at Millbrae said the holes should be cut. Not sure what the best way to test it would be? Question is if they are covered will they overreact or under react?

You test with an object. I know that on our Tesla, the sensors do not need to be cut out. On the 2021 Tesla, the sensors are PPFd and work flawlessly. Same on my 2018 Porsche and 2020 Mercedes.

On older cars you needed a hole in the wrap.

You test with an object. I know that on our Tesla, the sensors do not need to be cut out. On the 2021 Tesla, the sensors are PPFd and work flawlessly. Same on my 2018 Porsche and 2020 Mercedes.

On older cars you needed a hole in the wrap.
That's not necessarily true, the tech I talked to tested it with a 2021 Model Y and the sensor was off by 1.5 inches so they cut the holes and it went back to normal. I think it also depends on what kind of wrap you use and if you do anything else. The safest is to remove it.

The Millbrae techs also said to tell the installers not to push in on the sensors. Apparently that can cause them to stay pushed in and then they don't work properly and its difficult to fix.

Back