• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Pirelli Tire Issue & Warranty Megathread

I developed a front passenger 21 tire bubble. I already got road hazard warranty from Discount Tire. Discount Tire told me that the tire needs to be replaced but cannot find a tire either from the manufacturer or their usual supply chain. Minimum time to even order a tire is 90 days. I have called Lucid Customer Care. They have supply of tires but told me I have to buy the tire (473$). Lucid service Department is supposed to call me back.
That's a bummer ... DT should procure the tire from Lucid if that's the only location for it and bill back Pirelli, 90 days is a LONG time to wait ... I am totally dreading the my first bubble in my 21's even though I have the AT/DT warranty.

I developed a front passenger 21 tire bubble. I already got road hazard warranty from Discount Tire. Discount Tire told me that the tire needs to be replaced but cannot find a tire either from the manufacturer or their usual supply chain. Minimum time to even order a tire is 90 days. I have called Lucid Customer Care. They have supply of tires but told me I have to buy the tire (473$). Lucid service Department is supposed to call me back.
I ordered a pair off of tire rack about 36 hrs ago? Are they sold out? At the rate I’ve experienced this issue I guess it’s not surprising.

The tires are the Achilles Heal of this vehicle. I can't believe no one has filed a class action against Pirelli. The tires are the literal foundation, they are where the rubber meets the road - pun intended. If you can't rely on the tires, you can't rely on the car! Lucid needs to find better tires and start using them,as well as, replace all the tires on the cars that have gone out the door. Not having a crappy new tire to replace the crappy oem tire for 90 days - unacceptable. I have called Pirelli and bought one new one through Lucid. I have 3 damaged tires that are on their last leg with under 3000 miles on the car -unacceptable. Both Lucid and Pirelli said no warranty. I will try again at Discount Tire to see if I can get a replacement insurance. No one at Lucid or Pirelli told me this was an option. Has anyone gotten this road hazard coverage lately? How long had you had your Lucid when you got the policy?

The tires are the Achilles Heal of this vehicle. I can't believe no one has filed a class action against Pirelli. The tires are the literal foundation, they are where the rubber meets the road - pun intended. If you can't rely on the tires, you can't rely on the car! Lucid needs to find better tires and start using them,as well as, replace all the tires on the cars that have gone out the door. Not having a crappy new tire to replace the crappy oem tire for 90 days - unacceptable. I have called Pirelli and bought one new one through Lucid. I have 3 damaged tires that are on their last leg with under 3000 miles on the car -unacceptable. Both Lucid and Pirelli said no warranty. I will try again at Discount Tire to see if I can get a replacement insurance. No one at Lucid or Pirelli told me this was an option. Has anyone gotten this road hazard coverage lately? How long had you had your Lucid when you got the policy?
Got mine at 8000 miles. On what grounds would you file a class action suit? Road hazards are causing the vast majority of these issues.

Mine is 10k+ miles on 21” Pirelli, all 4 tires are ok for me from start.

Got mine at 3200 miles. Now at 3800 miles. But a waste when they cannot order a tire.

🤷‍♂️

12k miles on mine, 5k miles on loaners, never had a single blowout or bubble on any 19s or my 21s. Had two nails, early on in the life of the car; Lucid replaced both for free as a goodwill gesture (but this was early 2022).

Either I'm lucky or we just don't hear about the ones who don't have problems.

Lucid gave us no "goodwill" on day 3 when we had a blow out, and absolutely no sign of a pot hole or us hitting anything. Lucid gave us no goodwill on a nail puncture at 60 days. Took it to a mom and pop shop who repaired the hole, as Lucid said the only solution was a new tire. And I have two tires with side wall damage that I expect will go bad at any time due to the weakness in the side wall, those are my fault as I scrapped a curb. But I kept my tire that both Pirelli and Lucid refused to help with, with less than 300 miles on the car. I was just dumb struck when they said no mileage credit, no warranty. That tells me they know there is an issue.

Lucid gave us no "goodwill" on day 3 when we had a blow out, and absolutely no sign of a pot hole or us hitting anything. Lucid gave us no goodwill on a nail puncture at 60 days. Took it to a mom and pop shop who repaired the hole, as Lucid said the only solution was a new tire. And I have two tires with side wall damage that I expect will go bad at any time due to the weakness in the side wall, those are my fault as I scrapped a curb. But I kept my tire that both Pirelli and Lucid refused to help with, with less than 300 miles on the car. I was just dumb struck when they said no mileage credit, no warranty. That tells me they know there is an issue.
Not especially, based off the pictures you posted before, there is no way you didn't hit something. Tires do not get chunks taken out of them as shown in your picture from normal driving.

I just replaced my tires after 18.5k miles and 1 tire formed a bubble, because my dad but a curb which damaged my rim as well.

Not especially, based off the pictures you posted before, there is no way you didn't hit something. Tires do not get chunks taken out of them as shown in your picture from normal driving.

I just replaced my tires after 18.5k miles and 1 tire formed a bubble, because my dad but a curb which damaged my rim as well.
I consider driving on the freeway off ramp as normal driving. We heard a loud pop and instant flat. We hit no pot hole, we heard nothing hit against the car, we looked back and saw nothing. I am so sure of this that I asked Lucid to pull up the camera footage to prove we hit something. That's how I found out that they are not storing any data from all the cameras, even though we had to sign away all our privacy rights at purchase. Sorry, I love the car as far as style, comfort, and ride but the tires and key fob issues make daily use expensive and frustrating. I will be going to discount tire and see what kind of insurance they will offer us next week. And I am hoping Michelin comes up with a more durable replacement tire soon.

Got mine at 8000 miles. On what grounds would you file a class action suit? Road hazards are causing the vast majority of these issues.
My earliest posts on this forum were before I got my GT and my only concern about getting the car were the Pirellis. With my old Mercedes C55 AMG I went through 4 Pirelli tires in 6 months. After I switched to Continentals I didn’t get a single welt for the entire life of the car. For the last 7 years I went through 3 Panamera GTS (long story) with 22 inch rims and didn’t get a single welt with the Michelins.

The tires are simply not road worthy and you should consider yourself lucky for now. No other tire gets this many welts and all you have to do is a Google search to see how wide spread the issues are. Yes, some are caused by hitting significant potholes, but many just show up without hitting anything. I only noticed mine because I am constantly checking them due to my past experience. Seems like more people on this forum with 21s have gotten welts than not and I doubt many of us ever had a welt with another brand. It is very surprising to me that there is not a class action against them.

My earliest posts on this forum were before I got my GT and my only concern about getting the car were the Pirellis. With my old Mercedes C55 AMG I went through 4 Pirelli tires in 6 months. After I switched to Continentals I didn’t get a single welt for the entire life of the car. For the last 7 years I went through 3 Panamera GTS (long story) with 22 inch rims and didn’t get a single welt with the Michelins.

The tires are simply not road worthy and you should consider yourself lucky for now. No other tire gets this many welts and all you have to do is a Google search to see how wide spread the issues are. Yes, some are caused by hitting significant potholes, but many just show up without hitting anything. I only noticed mine because I am constantly checking them due to my past experience. Seems like more people on this forum with 21s have gotten welts than not and I doubt many of us ever had a welt with another brand. It is very surprising to me that there is not a class action against them.
Bobby I will say highly dependent on where you live. 3 weeks in Austin no issues. 24 hours in New Orleans and I’m down two tires.

I drive so gingerly now it makes me almost hate the car. I agree that the tires are simply not road worthy. If you drive on ice rink type roads you will be ok. The moment you go into roads slightly rough you are screwed.

My brother called the car a Museum piece. Nice to look at, but with tires like this probably best to just keep it in a garage. And that’s disappointing. He is a lucid shareholder.

I agree that they need to discontinue this wheel / tire combination. All it takes is an investigation to uncover that the % of users experiencing this is Ford Explorer + Firestone level (remember those days?)

Just got my first bubble, at about 5k miles.

Bobby can you tell me how I go about getting this coverage. My 19s have 3300 miles on them.

Bobby can you tell me how I go about getting this coverage. My 19s have 3300 miles on them.
Go to your local Discount Tire/America's Tire and they will help you. At least, that's what I did!

Let me be clear - I was covered under the tires’ road hazard warranty in place at the time, and so Lucid could submit it to Pirelli for a warranty claim. Around the middle of last year, the warranty on new tires began to exclude the Road Hazard warranty; Pirelli’s was actually generous, as most brands, including Michelin, offer no road hazard warranty. Now Pirelli is at the market standard, not offering one as well. Also, I was an early DE owner, so a lot of things that were done then are not done now, or course.

The reason you have to replace the tire is because it has a sound deadening foam inside. In order to patch or plug it, you’d have to cut the foam out and then patch/plug it, but that will cause a knocking sound to come from the tire whenever you drive it. Pirelli (and other makers with deadening foam) does not recommend patching/plugging this tire.

I consider driving on the freeway off ramp as normal driving. We heard a loud pop and instant flat. We hit no pot hole, we heard nothing hit against the car, we looked back and saw nothing. I am so sure of this that I asked Lucid to pull up the camera footage to prove we hit something. That's how I found out that they are not storing any data from all the cameras, even though we had to sign away all our privacy rights at purchase. Sorry, I love the car as far as style, comfort, and ride but the tires and key fob issues make daily use expensive and frustrating. I will be going to discount tire and see what kind of insurance they will offer us next week. And I am hoping Michelin comes up with a more durable replacement tire soon.
While I respect that it didn’t feel like it at the time, the wheel definitely looks like it hit something. Either way, the situation sucks; sorry to hear about that.

There is no America's/Discount Tire near me. Has anyone purchased the tire protection plan via phone or web without visiting a store?

Thanks in advance!

There is no America's/Discount Tire near me. Has anyone purchased the tire protection plan via phone or web without visiting a store?

Thanks in advance!
if there’s no store near you to visit in case you need to come on why purchase the warranty?

Back