Pirelli Tire Issue & Warranty Megathread

Whelp, my only reservation in buying a Lucid came true, Pirelli tire issues. I went to charge my car and just saw this. I didn’t even hit a pothole.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get Lucid’s involvement in getting this replaced? When I went to register with Pirelli, Lucid wasn’t a named manufacturer.

Attachments

• IMG_1159.jpeg
    IMG_1159.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
Although I have yet to have a tire problem, I contacted Pirelli via its website asking how to register for the warranty and how to buy road hazard insurance. That was a week ago and have not heard back from them.

Very glad I bought that warranty. Gives me peace of mind for sure.

Whelp, my only reservation in buying a Lucid came true, Pirelli tire issues. I went to charge my car and just saw this. I didn’t even hit a pothole.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get Lucid’s involvement in getting this replaced? When I went to register with Pirelli, Lucid wasn’t a named manufacturer.
When I registered mine (back in Oct. 22) ..
Pirelli told me that the Brand and Model were not required.
I entered Lucid Motors as my dealer with an address of 7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560

There are plenty of entries earlier in this Thread that detail how to proceed... (btw, Lucid was of no help to me, but Pirelli did contact Discount Tire and they good-willed the new tire.)

That said, yesterday (while showing the car to a Lucid Investor-owner-want-to-be), I noticed that my passenger front tire has a small bubble in it now, so I'll be going through the steps again .. hopefully w/ the same result. 🤞

When I registered mine (back in Oct. 22) ..
Pirelli told me that the Brand and Model were not required.
I entered Lucid Motors as my dealer with an address of 7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560

There are plenty of entries earlier in this Thread that detail how to proceed... (btw, Lucid was of no help to me, but Pirelli did contact Discount Tire and they good-willed the new tire.)

That said, yesterday (while showing the car to a Lucid Investor-owner-want-to-be), I noticed that my passenger front tire has a small bubble in it now, so I'll be going through the steps again .. hopefully w/ the same result. 🤞
This is very helpful, thank you.

I’ve never had this problem with any other thin walled tire. It’s not a matter of if it will happen, it’s when, and today my number came up.

Yes. The loaner is the picture above. Here is our car right now:
View attachment 11122
So it's hard to tell from the side picture like this, but a tiny bump is actually normal as the Pirelli authorized dealer told me. A big pronounced bump is caused by potholes or damage to the side wall as another post above clarifies from the service center. I'd get it replaced.
@Volund can you chime in here real quick, are you the owner that had your tire repaired at licensed Pirelli dealer and was informed that Lucid is recalling these tires?
Yep! I had to pay $0 back when I had the issue for both front tires to be replaced. Back tires were fine, but apparently the warranty only covered the fronts for pothole damage.
I ended up getting the warranty on all 4 through discount tire for peace of mind after the replacements.
Discount tire is 3 years with no prorating. Cost me $250. Worth every penny in peace of kind.
This right here 👆🏽

So it's hard to tell from the side picture like this, but a tiny bump is actually normal as the Pirelli authorized dealer told me. A big pronounced bump is caused by potholes or damage to the side wall as another post above clarifies from the service center. I'd get it replaced.

Yep! I had to pay $0 back when I had the issue for both front tires to be replaced. Back tires were fine, but apparently the warranty only covered the fronts for pothole damage.
I ended up getting the warranty on all 4 through discount tire for peace of mind after the replacements.

This right here 👆🏽
Do you have a link for this. This is a no-brainer.

Question for the brain trust. With 11,000 miles on my tires, should I replace all of them, even though only 1 has a welt?

Do you have a link for this. This is a no-brainer.

Question for the brain trust. With 11,000 miles on my tires, should I replace all of them, even though only 1 has a welt?
Post in thread 'Spare tire' https://lucidowners.com/threads/spare-tire.1960/post-109911

I hijacked the original thread, Oops....

But that's where I first made the post. I don't have any pictures because it was a very obvious pronounced bubble. And you could see white where it stretched the tire a bit and thankfully didn't burst.

Road tripping… got two bulges on two different front tires within 24 hrs. This is unacceptable…
58C2D661-7171-4552-B002-05B542689083.jpeg

Road tripping… got two bulges on two different front tires within 24 hrs. This is unacceptable… View attachment 12463
I’m sure that you purchased the insurance after everybody has recommended it numerous times. So just head on over to Discount Tire and get them replaced before they rip.

I’m sure that you purchased the insurance after everybody has recommended it numerous times. So just head on over to Discount Tire and get them replaced before they rip.
Yes I got it thanks to you actually.
However, no discount tire in New Orleans. Bought tires out of pocket and hopefully they reimburse me.

The delay in my trip though no insurance can help :(

Yes I got it thanks to you actually.
However, no discount tire in New Orleans. Bought tires out of pocket and hopefully they reimburse me.

The delay in my trip though no insurance can help :(
Same company as Americas Tire if that helps

Same company as Americas Tire if that helps
Didn’t know that thanks. Just checked none here either. But the problem is the tires are special order so if your lucky streak ends you will need to wait at least 2 business days until the tires arrive

Didn’t know that thanks. Just checked none here either. But the problem is the tires are special order so if your lucky streak ends you will need to wait at least 2 business days until the tires arrive
That’s why you need to get an EZ Spare as well. With a spare on board and tire insurance from America’s/Discount Tire you will be guaranteed to be bubble and blowout free! 😃

That’s why you need to get an EZ Spare as well. With a spare on board and tire insurance from America’s/Discount Tire you will be guaranteed to be bubble and blowout free! 😃
I’ll have to look into it. With all my daughters stuff I needed to maximize frunk use for this road trip!

I’ll have to look into it. With all my daughters stuff I needed to maximize frunk use for this road trip!
The EZ Spare only takes up the bottom of the frunk. Search the forum for posts with pics.

I developed a front passenger 21 tire bubble. I already got road hazard warranty from Discount Tire. Discount Tire told me that the tire needs to be replaced but cannot find a tire either from the manufacturer or their usual supply chain. Minimum time to even order a tire is 90 days. I have called Lucid Customer Care. They have supply of tires but told me I have to buy the tire (473$). Lucid service Department is supposed to call me back.

Back