Permanent button for Homelink

What version of software are you?
I'm on 2.0.55. The Homelink option doesn't appear every time. But it happened again today as I was backing out of the garage.

As I exited our garage today, I caught the Homelink menu dropping down on video. I've been trying to capture this on video for a week, but it didn't happen till today. Despite my practice, the video is not Bobby quality.

Now if I could just get this to happen every time I back out of the garage.

As I exited our garage today, I caught the Homelink menu dropping down on video. I've been trying to capture this on video for a week, but it didn't happen till today. Despite my practice, the video is not Bobby quality.

Now if I could just get this to happen every time I back out of the garage.
View attachment 10988
Send to Lucid. Ask them to implement this for everyone all the time.

The HomeLink menu coming up when exiting the garage is due to the GPS location appearing as if you’re coming close to your property. It could be due to GPS signal not having been fully acquired and the car thinking you are not at your location; then, when the signal is acquired as you back out of your garage, it thinks you just approached your location.

You may be able to simulate this if you could program your HomeLink far enough from your garage, where the car would show the menu when you approach and you are able to trigger HomeLink. This location would be such that in the garage, the car would think you are far from the programmed HomeLink location. This is a pain to do because it would require constant reprogramming until you got it just right. Also, if the distance is too great, you may not be able to go through all the programming steps. It also depends on when Lucid stores the GPS coordinates. If it does this as soon as you start the programming or when the programming completes and you verify that it works.

The HomeLink menu coming up when exiting the garage is due to the GPS location appearing as if you’re coming close to your property. It could be due to GPS signal not having been fully acquired and the car thinking you are not at your location; then, when the signal is acquired as you back out of your garage, it thinks you just approached your location.

You may be able to simulate this if you could program your HomeLink far enough from your garage, where the car would show the menu when you approach and you are able to trigger HomeLink. This location would be such that in the garage, the car would think you are far from the programmed HomeLink location. This is a pain to do because it would require constant reprogramming until you got it just right. Also, if the distance is too great, you may not be able to go through all the programming steps. It also depends on when Lucid stores the GPS coordinates. If it does this as soon as you start the programming or when the programming completes and you verify that it works.
Send to Lucid. Ask them to implement this for everyone all the time.
Done

Maybe that's it, but I don't know enough about the geolocation systems to make a guess. Is the Homelink system separate from the one Lucid uses for navigation?

Maybe that's it, but I don't know enough about the geolocation systems to make a guess. Is the Homelink system separate from the one Lucid uses for navigation?
It’s the same GPS for navigation and HomeLink

It’s the same GPS for navigation and HomeLink
The car seems to know its location when it's in the garage. Maybe it's just reporting last known location. If the system just uses satellites, it would difficult to get a fix there, but if the system uses a combination of satellites and cell towers, it probably does know its location in the garage, right?

Completely agree. I wish there was a better solution from lucid. I use Alexa to open garage now which is reliable, but I also have the garage remote controller.
Me too! It’s even more frustrating when I compare the Lucid with all the clicks to close the garage door with my Tesla that closes (and opens) the garage door with no clicks at all. It presents a screen when it’s doing it to cancel the auto open/close in case you don’t want it. But 99% of the time it’s perfect. But I’d be happy with a fixed button like practically every other car on the market has.

Me too! It’s even more frustrating when I compare the Lucid with all the clicks to close the garage door with my Tesla that closes (and opens) the garage door with no clicks at all. It presents a screen when it’s doing it to cancel the auto open/close in case you don’t want it. But 99% of the time it’s perfect. But I’d be happy with a fixed button like practically every other car on the market has.
You and me both

I, too, wish I had that glitch. My complaint is one I haven't found others complaining about which is that even when I hit the homelink button for my particular door (I have two doors set up), the button will highlight, but the "radio" icon won't fire and the door won't open. This can sometimes happen 2-3 times before it finally fires. I think I have 100% success when I see that icon, but... along with the multi-tap problem, it makes homelink _awful_ on the way out of the garage.

I, too, wish I had that glitch. My complaint is one I haven't found others complaining about which is that even when I hit the homelink button for my particular door (I have two doors set up), the button will highlight, but the "radio" icon won't fire and the door won't open. This can sometimes happen 2-3 times before it finally fires. I think I have 100% success when I see that icon, but... along with the multi-tap problem, it makes homelink _awful_ on the way out of the garage.
You have empathy in myself! Same issue. I live on a brick paved street... With the bumps, nearly impossible. And no offense but Alexa is not nearly on the level of Android to understand my attempt at commands "close the garage door" etc.
A lot of the time things like "lower rear sunshade" don't register for me. And I don't even have an accent! Unless you call yelling on the 3rd try an accent...

Reactions: AMG
The Homelink menu dropped down when I was at least two miles away from my house today. It happened at a location where I'd never parked before.

Just bringing the homelink button issue back to the top of the forum again. Hoping one of the next software update to improve the "robustness" gets us a permanent icon or a drop down when backing out! No need to rehash the problem, everyone has experienced it. I love the creativity of the owners who have developed both simple and complex work-arounds for this.

For the love of god fix the Homelink. Make a permanent button for it. Don’t make me click the top, then homelink then the garage. Just let me click homelink and the garage or have an automatic garage close when backing out like Tesla. Otherwise this update is amazing
Only issue with automatic garage close is that if the garage door is open when you approach to park in the garage, the garage door closes on the car.

Only issue with automatic garage close is that if the garage door is open when you approach to park in the garage, the garage door closes on the car.
That never happened to me with my Tesla fortunately, but I could see it potentially being a problem. Much more common for me was driving past my house when dropping off other kids in the neighborhood or going to visit someone nearby rather than stopping at home. In the Tesla you have the opportunity to "cancel" the garage door signal before it is sent. But sometimes I was preoccupied while driving and didn't even notice the drop down. Then my garage door sat open until I got home...

I want a permanent button and don’t want that risk of accidentally leaving the door open or drop on the car with some malfunction.

I thought they were making that button work as we intuitively see/want it being used but all they did was move them to the left side and left the functionality unchanged.

Is it too much to ask to let us to assign a location for each homelink button? so that it comes down not only when you reach home but wherever each button is linked location-wise.

A properly functioning garage door opener should sense an object in the beam’s path and stop the closure.

Back