Permanent button for Homelink

Is it too much to ask to let us to assign a location for each homelink button? so that it comes down not only when you reach home but wherever each button is linked location-wise.
I don’t understand. Are you hoping to set a different location for a homelink button? Why would you do that? Do you have two garage openers that use one remote?

I don’t understand. Are you hoping to set a different location for a homelink button? Why would you do that? Do you have two garage openers that use one remote?
In my Jags, it gives you three buttons on the bottom of the rear view mirror to set. I have mine set to my garage and my parents garage since I still drive the XJ from time to time. Sold my XF for my Lucid but both cars have these buttons. Maybe this is what the OP is referring to.

I posted this elsewhere, but Rivian did a cool thing in their last update where one of the physical buttons on the steering wheel turns into the homelink button when you're in the geofenced area. If you have multiple remotes, you can scroll through them with up/down. No need to mess with the touch screen. We don't need the cruise control/DD button when backing out of a driveway...

I posted this elsewhere, but Rivian did a cool thing in their last update where one of the physical buttons on the steering wheel turns into the homelink button when you're in the geofenced area. If you have multiple remotes, you can scroll through them with up/down. No need to mess with the touch screen. We don't need the cruise control/DD button when backing out of a driveway...
That was an ingenious solution to the same exact problem. I really hope Lucid does the same exact thing. I can’t imagine it would be hard since it’s already geofenced.

Came here to post the same thing! Lucid could use the DD control button on the left side of the wheel to achieve the same thing.

Oh I have 2 places, each one has a garage door, however the homelink only recognizes and drops down the buttons when I reach the "home" location and there's no way to set 2 "homes" and won't do it for work or other locations.

Oh I have 2 places, each one has a garage door, however the homelink only recognizes and drops down the buttons when I reach the "home" location and there's no way to set 2 "homes" and won't do it for work or other locations.
Oh, that’s not how the geofencing works. It shouldn’t have anything to do with your “home” location. It just has to do with where you set your homelink up. If you set up your second garage door while in front of it, it should geofence that one to your second place.

From the manual: “The HomeLink menu will automatically open when the vehicle is detected within 131 ft (40 m) of a programmed garage door or gate.”

Did you set it up with a remote at your first home or something?

Oh, that’s not how the geofencing works. It shouldn’t have anything to do with your “home” location. It just has to do with where you set your homelink up. If you set up your second garage door while in front of it, it should geofence that one to your second place.

From the manual: “The HomeLink menu will automatically open when the vehicle is detected within 131 ft (40 m) of a programmed garage door or gate.”

Did you set it up with a remote at your first home or something?
OMG I was told it had to do with the home address location, this is so much better, I like my car 5% more now 😂
There are 3 gates in my community and now that I set up each this is so much awesomer! 👍

A properly functioning garage door opener should sense an object in the beam’s path and stop the closure.
Ya, all auto garage doors will have a safety beam across the opening. These sensors are mandated and regulated by UL standards and mandated by federal law, so malfunctions are not a real concern. Only edge cases like the sensor being lower than your car's clearance (not likely with the Lucid Air) or the rear bumper poking out over the beam.

But on this topic, this explains safety beams and highlights a newer safety beam product:

For the love of god fix the Homelink. Make a permanent button for it. Don’t make me click the top, then homelink then the garage. Just let me click homelink and the garage or have an automatic garage close when backing out like Tesla. Otherwise this update is amazing
The current position of the homelink button on the cockpit panel doesn't work well for me at all, even if it did come down when backing out of garage. Maybe it's my long legs, but I sit far back to the point that reaching buttons on the cockpit panel are always a pita. I think it would work much better down on the pilot panel.

As an interim workaround, it should be noted that most new garage door openers offer a smart/connected variant that you should be able to connect to Alexa, and aftermarket connected switches for non-smart openers are readily available. I think that would be even handier than a well placed homelink button... Or wait, can I do that now with homelink? Trigger with Alexa?

I turned my Alexa off from opening my garage a long time ago because anyone could go up to the door and yell “Alexa open the garage” and it would work. Lol

Ya, all auto garage doors will have a safety beam across the opening. These sensors are mandated and regulated by UL standards and mandated by federal law, so malfunctions are not a real concern. Only edge cases like the sensor being lower than your car's clearance (not likely with the Lucid Air) or the rear bumper poking out over the beam.

But on this topic, this explains safety beams and highlights a newer safety beam product:
Looks like a pretty cool product

I'm amazed that after 2 yrs they haven't moved HomeLink to the left-hand control panel screen or made available without having to X out of the backup or front facing camera...why isn't this a top priority over other updates (USB media, etc.) when it impacts almost every owner every day?
I just picked up my Air and was surprised at the way the HomeLink is accessed, which I think is awkward. Put it back on the rearview mirror with three buttons.

I just picked up my Air and was surprised at the way the HomeLink is accessed, which I think is awkward. Put it back on the rearview mirror with three buttons.
Even the lower pilot panel or steering wheel would be nice since it's much closer (given that we're never going to get physical buttons on the rearview mirror with a software update lol). I agree though the existing location is a stretch when you're sitting in a driving position.

Although the current HomeLink setup is not ideal when exiting the garage, it’s not unworkable and a minor annoyance. With that said, just yesterday, I decided until they rework the system it’s easier to simply Velcro the original opener remote to the inside of the driver’s side door pocket. Given its location, nobody can even see me pressing the button, so that should minimize any snide comments from friends I might have with me. My wife doesn’t even know what I’ve done yet, so it should be interesting to see how long it takes her to realize I’ve reverted to ‘old school’.

Let’s call it a stealth HomeLink for now. :)

Bri
Given its location, nobody can even see me pressing the button, so that should minimize any snide comments from friends I might have with me.
Brilliant! We can't have our friends thinking their Civics have better homelink functionality than our Lucids!! 🤣 🤣

Even the lower pilot panel or steering wheel would be nice since it's much closer (given that we're never going to get physical buttons on the rearview mirror with a software update lol). I agree though the existing location is a stretch when you're sitting in a driving position.
Yes. I wasn't expecting a new mirror but for future builds. LOL We aren't going to get a new steering wheel either.

Yes. I wasn't expecting a new mirror but for future builds. LOL We aren't going to get a new steering wheel either.
I meant like the rivian feature where they remap the one of the existing features on the steering wheel when you’re near your garage

It's been made, heard, and supposedly on the roadmap.
Mine has always worked, when arriving menus drops down when I am about 500-100 feet away, it also drops down when I back out of my garage and departing, with cameras on.. I "always" allow location services, is the only thing I can think of, it has worked that way since the day I got the car. Audi uses a location where you dont even have to hit a button when you arrive, instead of giving a drop down menu, it automatically opens your garage, which I think is better.. That feature can be turned on or off with Audi..

Mine has always worked, when arriving menus drops down when I am about 500-100 feet away, it also drops down when I back out of my garage and departing, with cameras on.. I "always" allow location services, is the only thing I can think of, it has worked that way since the day I got the car. Audi uses a location where you dont even have to hit a button when you arrive, instead of giving a drop down menu, it automatically opens your garage, which I think is better.. That feature can be turned on or off with Audi..
Could you please send some videos of that happening? I haven't heard of any other owners that have this functionality. Thank you.

Back