Permanent button for Homelink

tkhan456

Cars
Lucid Air GT
For the love of god fix the Homelink. Make a permanent button for it. Don’t make me click the top, then homelink then the garage. Just let me click homelink and the garage or have an automatic garage close when backing out like Tesla. Otherwise this update is amazing

For the love of god fix the Homelink. Make a permanent button for it. Don’t make me click the top, then homelink then the garage. Just let me click homelink and the garage or have an automatic garage close when backing out like Tesla. Otherwise this update is amazing
Yes this is an odd one. I don’t want garage closing automatically when I back out. But I do want the option to close it with one touch. Right now the backup camera hides the menu options after I back out of the garage.

Also when arriving home there is a strange Add Homelink button pretty close below the button to
Open. This can be moved to settings as this is rarely done every day.

Yes this is an odd one. I don’t want garage closing automatically when I back out. But I do want the option to close it with one touch. Right now the backup camera hides the menu options after I back out of the garage.

Also when arriving home there is a strange Add Homelink button pretty close below the button to
Open. This can be moved to settings as this is rarely done every day.
I'm amazed that after 2 yrs they haven't moved HomeLink to the left-hand control panel screen or made available without having to X out of the backup or front facing camera...why isn't this a top priority over other updates (USB media, etc.) when it impacts almost every owner every day?

I'm amazed that after 2 yrs they haven't moved HomeLink to the left-hand control panel screen or made available without having to X out of the backup or front facing camera...why isn't this a top priority over other updates (USB media, etc.) when it impacts almost every owner every day?
Completely agree. I wish there was a better solution from lucid. I use Alexa to open garage now which is reliable, but I also have the garage remote controller.

I could not agree more with the frustration over the Homelink function. Who in software development decided we should all have make to go through 3 steps simply to open/close the garage door?? I have actually velcro’d the garage door opener (that came with the garage door mechanicals) to the driver-side A-pillar It looks stupid but it is SO much more functional than the annoying 3-step Lucid method.

I had a pleasant surprise when I backed out of my garage this morning. The Homelink menu for the garage door dropped down. It does this when I arrive home but never before has it happened when I've left my garage.

I had a pleasant surprise when I backed out of my garage this morning. The Homelink menu for the garage door dropped down. It does this when I arrive home but never before has it happened when I've left my garage.
That will only happen if the camera has been manually turned off.

That will only happen if the camera has been manually turned off.
My cameras were on, at least my rearview one was. It dropped down over that image and went back up right after I pushed it.

My cameras were on, at least my rearview one was. It dropped down over that image and went back up right after I pushed it.
I have never, ever seen that happen. Has anyone else?

I have never, ever seen that happen. Has anyone else?
I'd never seen it before. I thought it was odd—but in a good way. Probably just a glitch?

I could not agree more with the frustration over the Homelink function. Who in software development decided we should all have make to go through 3 steps simply to open/close the garage door?? I have actually velcro’d the garage door opener (that came with the garage door mechanicals) to the driver-side A-pillar It looks stupid but it is SO much more functional than the annoying 3-step Lucid method.
Careful, there are air bags in there…

I have never seen this happen for me when backing up. I have however seen that camera view come back once I have used the Home link to close the Garage door but not every time.

My pet peeve is that they moved those buttons from right to left but never thought of leaving them visible for use permanently. There certainly is enough Real Estate on that side to make it happen. Not sure if that is a much more complicated task to program or they are just not intuitive enough.

Hopefully someone with some Influence with LUCID Can make that suggestion as a future update.

I have never seen this happen for me when backing up. I have however seen that camera view come back once I have used the Home link to close the Garage door but not every time.

My pet peeve is that they moved those buttons from right to left but never thought of leaving them visible for use permanently. There certainly is enough Real Estate on that side to make it happen. Not sure if that is a much more complicated task to program or they are just not intuitive enough.

Hopefully someone with some Influence with LUCID Can make that suggestion as a future update.
It's been made, heard, and supposedly on the roadmap.

It happened again this morning. The garage door option appeared as I was backing out.
IMG_5435.jpeg

Honestly, that’s better than any of the other suggestions I’ve seen thus far for how to “fix” this issue. I hope that’s an accidental fix in progress that’s behind a feature flag, or something.

Back