Park Assist and Garages

I am struggling a bit with this backing up with regen set to high. I have limited experience only having my car for two days and never owning an EV before. I have gotten fairly good pulling into my garage and parking 15 inches from the front but I need a bit more practice backing up. I agree with the comment to get used to it before backing into a tight spots.
I forgot this was your first EV. Hope you are enjoying it. The regen breaking, or ‘Golf cart mode’ as I have always affectionately called it does take a bit of driving to get used to it. The learning curve is pretty quick. I love it on my Leaf and have gotten guide good at never using the brakes at all unless a stop light changes when I have a good head of speed, or I need to stop on a steeper downhill. My wife now likes it but took longer. My daughter who only drives it if she is home on a college break has never gotten used to it and turns it off when she gets in the car. Then if I am the next one driving, I’m saying, oh crap, the car is not braking while backing out of the garage! And then realize that the regen braking was turned off.

I forgot this was your first EV. Hope you are enjoying it. The regen breaking, or ‘Golf cart mode’ as I have always affectionately called it does take a bit of driving to get used to it. The learning curve is pretty quick. I love it on my Leaf and have gotten guide good at never using the brakes at all unless a stop light changes when I have a good head of speed, or I need to stop on a steeper downhill. My wife now likes it but took longer. My daughter who only drives it if she is home on a college break has never gotten used to it and turns it off when she gets in the car. Then if I am the next one driving, I’m saying, oh crap, the car is not braking while backing out of the garage! And then realize that the regen braking was turned off.
Good thing about that is, if you set separate profiles, the regen mode is saved to your profile!

Good thing about that is, if you set separate profiles, the regen mode is saved to your profile!

It isn’t, actually - I’ve found it’s the one thing (along with vents and rearview) I had to adjust when my fiancé was on Standard and I was in High. Now we’re both on High so it’s a non-issue, but I found that a bit annoying.

It isn’t, actually - I’ve found it’s the one thing (along with vents and rearview) I had to adjust when my fiancé was on Standard and I was in High. Now we’re both on High so it’s a non-issue, but I found that a bit annoying.
So I believe I saw or heard somewhere that driving with Regen on "High" can cause some passengers to become nauseous?? Maybe in one of the videos? Is there a "trick" to using the high setting?

So I believe I saw or heard somewhere that driving with Regen on "High" can cause some passengers to become nauseous?? Maybe in one of the videos? Is there a "trick" to using the high setting?
It just takes practice. I've gotten really good at it, and it honestly feels more natural than dual-pedal driving, but I've put almost 3000 miles on the car now. At first? Everyone was feeling pretty sick, because getting used to it means overbraking and overaccelerating on the regular, so *all* traffic becomes "stop and go" traffic, haha. But after a bit of getting used to, it's really really smooth.

It just takes practice. I've gotten really good at it, and it honestly feels more natural than dual-pedal driving, but I've put almost 3000 miles on the car now. At first? Everyone was feeling pretty sick, because getting used to it means overbraking and overaccelerating on the regular, so *all* traffic becomes "stop and go" traffic, haha. But after a bit of getting used to, it's really really smooth.
Well I'm going to be heading down to Cambria in a few weeks with another couple in our car so I better learn fast. Most likely will use cruise control most of the way but we will be going up into the Paso Robles hills for wine tasting so that could get interesting.

I had asked this several weeks back on a different thread, but I don't think anyone answered it. Does anyone know if Park Assist for Lucid (or any car for that matter) would work for backing into a garage. I have individual bays, and I was wondering if the feature would recognize the bay as an open spot. This is a very important feature to me, and I might cancel my reservation if it doesn't do this ;).

I don't know if this will answer your question, but go to the 28:40 mark in this video to watch auto park in action.

I agree. I set regen on high and drove 100 miles yesterday and only used the brake once. My wife wants it on standard and there is no way to save it to our profiles. I am overall loving the drive.

Is there a way to set the outside mirrors so that they don't automatically fold in when the car goes into park? I'd like to disable the feature if possible.

Is there a way to set the outside mirrors so that they don't automatically fold in when the car goes into park? I'd like to disable the feature if possible.

Why? I love that feature. Makes parking easier and reduces the likelihood of someone hitting the car.

I agree. I set regen on high and drove 100 miles yesterday and only used the brake once. My wife wants it on standard and there is no way to save it to our profiles. I am overall loving the drive.
Take it back, for some reason I thought it did, but I just checked it and it does not. My bad!

Why? I love that feature. Makes parking easier and reduces the likelihood of someone hitting the car.

I can see why it is desirable in some circumstances, but it drove me crazy today while I was washing the car. The mirrors kept folding in, and I kept having to open the car to extend the mirrors for every washing, drying, and polishing pass. The mirrors folded so close in to the door that I could not even pull a flat towel through the space.

Our Honda and our Tesla let you choose whether you want to engage this auto-fold feature. I don't see why Lucid does not give you the choice.

I can see why it is desirable in some circumstances, but it drove me crazy today while I was washing the car. The mirrors kept folding in, and I kept having to open the car to extend the mirrors for every washing, drying, and polishing pass. The mirrors folded so close in to the door that I could not even pull a flat towel through the space.

Our Honda and our Tesla let you choose whether you want to engage this auto-fold feature. I don't see why Lucid does not give you the choice.
Lol, I had the same problem, had to keep unlocking the car to do it properly. After a few washes I learned how to do it with the mirrors folded in.

Touche!

I'm pretty sure there are two modes - parallel park and regular (perpendicular) park. In looking at the latter mode, my question was would it recognize the opening of the bay as a spot. Since presumably you don't need actual cars on either side of you to do this, I'm curious as to whether it does.

I'm pretty sure there are two modes - parallel park and regular (perpendicular) park. In looking at the latter mode, my question was would it recognize the opening of the bay as a spot. Since presumably you don't need actual cars on either side of you to do this, I'm curious as to whether it does.
You need SOME object to detect a spot, it can't be just an empty space with lines. At least that's what I was told regarding the park assist in it's current state.

You need SOME object to detect a spot, it can't be just an empty space with lines. At least that's what I was told regarding the park assist in it's current state.
On both sides?

On both sides?
I don't think so. It recognized a spot next to a car with the other side completely open. So it just needs 1 side to do the perpendicular and @Bill55 showed that it can do parallel parking with only 1 car available to show a spot.

Back