Park Assist and Garages

Maverick

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
I had asked this several weeks back on a different thread, but I don't think anyone answered it. Does anyone know if Park Assist for Lucid (or any car for that matter) would work for backing into a garage. I have individual bays, and I was wondering if the feature would recognize the bay as an open spot. This is a very important feature to me, and I might cancel my reservation if it doesn't do this ;).

I think it depends on how your bays are oriented. The park assist requires you to drive by a "spot" to be detected, so maybe?

I also have a question about parking. Hope OP don't mind me asking. When you have regen braking set to hold, how hard would it be to move the car inch by inch as you get closer to the objects in a garage? when i test drove Lucid, i forgot to analyze this. my ICE car will creep forward as soon as i depress the brake so it's much easy to control the distance. i think i would like creep setting inside garage but then hold setting everywhere else :confused:

I had asked this several weeks back on a different thread, but I don't think anyone answered it. Does anyone know if Park Assist for Lucid (or any car for that matter) would work for backing into a garage. I have individual bays, and I was wondering if the feature would recognize the bay as an open spot. This is a very important feature to me, and I might cancel my reservation if it doesn't do this ;).

Does any car do this?

I also have a question about parking. Hope OP don't mind me asking. When you have regen braking set to hold, how hard would it be to move the car inch by inch as you get closer to the objects in a garage? when i test drove Lucid, i forgot to analyze this. my ICE car will creep forward as soon as i depress the brake so it's much easy to control the distance. i think i would like creep setting inside garage but then hold setting everywhere else :confused:
Not hard at all once you get used to the throttle. Maybe don't try it inside your garage. If you do 1 pedal driving it's intuitive and easy because you will already be used to feathering the throttle already. I have to park so that the sensors read 16 inches from the front of my garage. Haven't had a single issue since they introduced the measurement in the park mode.

Not hard at all once you get used to the throttle. Maybe don't try it inside your garage. If you do 1 pedal driving it's intuitive and easy because you will already be used to feathering the throttle already. I have to park so that the sensors read 16 inches from the front of my garage. Haven't had a single issue since they introduced the measurement in the park mode.
Agree that one-pedal driving is easy in the Lucid. Not quite as effortless as the Model S perhaps, but almost the same. I creep forward into my garage (and ChargePoint spot at work) with ease. “Hold” mode doesn’t interfere. You can creep by inches and the surround-view does a great job of letting you know exactly how the car is placed.

. This is a very important feature to me, and I might cancel my reservation if it doesn't do this ;).

Don‘t mean to judge, but can you expand on why parking is such a key feature?
If it is to make it easier to park - the surround view might be a healthy compromise

as I await semi-patiently, to me it is all about the drive (so I love that the feedback so far has been so positive)

I don’t know of any parking assist that recognizes a bay perpendicular to the direction of travel.
so to @hydbob’s point, what direction are the bays oriented
The Lucid CAN you just have to select the proper orientation for the car to park, but you also have to drive by the bay, so if it's a normal 3 car garage with separate bays for each car, I don't think you can drive by the bays for it to work on a normal driveway. It really depends on how it's setup.

Don‘t mean to judge, but can you expand on why parking is such a key feature?
If it is to make it easier to park - the surround view might be a healthy compromise

as I await semi-patiently, to me it is all about the drive (so I love that the feedback so far has been so positive)
I think the winky face means it's supposed to be a joke.

The Lucid CAN you just have to select the proper orientation for the car to park, but you also have to drive by the bay, so if it's a normal 3 car garage with separate bays for each car, I don't think you can drive by the bays for it to work on a normal driveway. It really depends on how it's setup.
The orientation of the driveway is such that you have to turn 90 degrees to enter the bays rather than having the garage at the end of the driveway, so I can drive past the first bay a decent amount. Just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar configuration and had attempted it.

The orientation of the driveway is such that you have to turn 90 degrees to enter the bays rather than having the garage at the end of the driveway, so I can drive past the first bay a decent amount. Just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar configuration and had attempted it.
You can be the first! After all, we've already done so much other testing for you guys...;)

So you want to drive up your driveway, take a hard left toward your garage, and then let auto-park take over??? Hmmm. Why not just drive yourself into the garage?

Pulling in front first should be a piece of cake, but the bays are tight and not having really driven EVs or $140k cars before, was interested in seeing how well the car could do it backing in. It may be easier to put my charger towards the opening of the garage where a backed in car would be a more convenient position. It may be more of a PITA doing with Park Assist, but I was just interested in knowing if it could do it.

Pulling in front first should be a piece of cake, but the bays are tight and not having really driven EVs or $140k cars before, was interested in seeing how well the car could do it backing in. It may be easier to put my charger towards the opening of the garage where a backed in car would be a more convenient position. It may be more of a PITA doing with Park Assist, but I was just interested in knowing if it could do it.
I’ll try it when I get home. Sounds scary

Towards the end of this video (around 3:40), doesn't the auto-park do just that - granted it's not a very tight fit in the video but they do make claims about how great auto park is with tight spaces:

I had seen that video but it parks outside of the garage. Again more curious than anything, so @Mountain Man will report back :).

I am struggling a bit with this backing up with regen set to high. I have limited experience only having my car for two days and never owning an EV before. I have gotten fairly good pulling into my garage and parking 15 inches from the front but I need a bit more practice backing up. I agree with the comment to get used to it before backing into a tight spots.

I am struggling a bit with this backing up with regen set to high. I have limited experience only having my car for two days and never owning an EV before. I have gotten fairly good pulling into my garage and parking 15 inches from the front but I need a bit more practice backing up. I agree with the comment to get used to it before backing into a tight spots.
And this is why I was curious if Park Assist worked with garages :).

Back