Park Assist and Garages

Now that more of you have the Lucid Air, has anyone dared to use this to park in their garage?
Hard pass. After it curbed three wheels out of the six or seven times I tried it (which Lucid did refinish after a bit of annoyed yelling), no way in hell I'm using auto park again, especially not for my 'down a hill and a 70 degree turn' garage.

Hard pass. After it curbed three wheels out of the six or seven times I tried it (which Lucid did refinish after a bit of annoyed yelling), no way in hell I'm using auto park again, especially not for my 'down a hill and a 70 degree turn' garage.
where is your sense of adventure :p

Now that more of you have the Lucid Air, has anyone dared to use this to park in their garage?
When I first got it, I was really interested to see if it would work, it did not.

When I first got it, I was really interested to see if it would work, it did not.
Auto park works most of the time for me with parallel parking, but that’s on a flat surface with cars parked and an obviously open spot the car can fit into. I think auto park is designed mainly to recognize other vehicles, whereas stationary things that aren’t curbs/bikes etc (like vertical walls of a garage entry) aren’t a part of the car’s vocabulary, so I wouldn’t try to garage park it using auto-park. The camera is pretty helpful with the folded mirrors anyway, when it alarms “STOP” I know I still have a couple inches of room and keep going hahaha.

I also have a question about parking. Hope OP don't mind me asking. When you have regen braking set to hold, how hard would it be to move the car inch by inch as you get closer to the objects in a garage? when i test drove Lucid, i forgot to analyze this. my ICE car will creep forward as soon as i depress the brake so it's much easy to control the distance. i think i would like creep setting inside garage but then hold setting everywhere else :confused:
I found in the end I didn’t prefer using creep when parking. I have the regen braking set to high, and prefer lightly feathering the accelerator when parking which seemed for me to be more precise than using creep with my foot on the brake. I wonder if it’s because I’ve now fully adopted single pedal driving so it feels more intuitive to use the same technique when parking.

So I believe I saw or heard somewhere that driving with Regen on "High" can cause some passengers to become nauseous?? Maybe in one of the videos? Is there a "trick" to using the high setting?
The one pedal driving is a technique which requires a little practice to get to the point that you lift off the accelerator in same slow manner traditionally used when pressing the brake and easing to stop. Until a driver gets accustomed to it lifting off the accelerator quickly is like hitting the brakes hard which is never great for passenger motion sickness. 😃

Pulling in front first should be a piece of cake, but the bays are tight and not having really driven EVs or $140k cars before, was interested in seeing how well the car could do it backing in. It may be easier to put my charger towards the opening of the garage where a backed in car would be a more convenient position. It may be more of a PITA doing with Park Assist, but I was just interested in knowing if it could do it.

I already have a charger installed and it is by the passenger front fender (which is where the charger is on my BMW 530e). So, for me, driving straight in puts the charger port on the Lucid in exactly the right position. So I plan to drive in and back out. (Backing out is a bit of a challenge because there I am one house off of an intersection and the block wall of the house between me and the intersection -- on my right as I back out -- and a large power electric power company unit somewhat block my view of someone turning toward me off the intersection. Not a big deal but I have to look very carefully once I get toward the end of my driveway).

Back