OTA 2.1.10

Here's an issue that Lucid might need to address with a software update:

We are having frequent brown-outs in our area in south Florida, probably due to excessive air conditioning loads. Our Tesla and our Lucid, as well as a friend's Chevy Bolt and another friend's VW ID.4, stop charging when the line power instability reaches a certain point.

However, our Tesla and the other cars send an alert when charging stops, and the Tesla restarts charging once the power supply stabilizes. The Lucid neither sends an alert nor restarts charging on its own. There have been several occasions when I get in the car to go somewhere and find the charge well below the 80% limit I have set, even though the car has been plugged in since the evening before. I'm now trying to remember to check the car each morning to see if it has charged up to the preset limit.

At the minimum, the Lucid needs to alert an owner when charging has unexpectedly stopped. Ideally, the car should automatically resume charging when the power supply stabilizes.

Here's an issue that Lucid might need to address with a software update:

We are having frequent brown-outs in our area in south Florida, probably due to excessive air conditioning loads. Our Tesla and our Lucid, as well as a friend's Chevy Bolt and another friend's VW ID.4, stop charging when the line power instability reaches a certain point.

However, our Tesla and the other cars send an alert when charging stops, and the Tesla restarts charging once the power supply stabilizes. The Lucid neither sends an alert nor restarts charging on its own. There have been several occasions when I get in the car to go somewhere and find the charge well below the 80% limit I have set, even though the car has been plugged in since the evening before. I'm now trying to remember to check the car each morning to see if it has charged up to the preset limit.

At the minimum, the Lucid needs to alert an owner when charging has unexpectedly stopped. Ideally, the car should automatically resume charging when the power supply stabilizes.
Agreed. That would be a good feature.

My friend also just bought a house. He has a Model Y. As he awaits the electrician to install a proper line and wall charger, he thought he'd just get by with using the standard 110 plug for his car. But the car refused to charge. Reason? His garage plug wasn't grounded properly.

Better safe than sorry.

Agreed. That would be a good feature.

My friend also just bought a house. He has a Model Y. As he awaits the electrician to install a proper line and wall charger, he thought he'd just get by with using the standard 110 plug for his car. But the car refused to charge. Reason? His garage plug wasn't grounded properly.

Better safe than sorry.

It seems the Lucid is more sensitive to instabilities in the charging power supply. Our Tesla and our Lucid are on separate plugs, but they run off the same panel. We always keep our cars plugged in when they're in the garage and, as we drive the Tesla less often, it stays plugged in a bit more. Yet charging has been interrupted only twice in the Tesla but almost daily in the Lucid during this two-week heat wave during which we've had the brown-outs.

Just got 2.1.7 last night and 2.1.10 showed up this morning so I have joined the world of updates! Seems like they are doing a full roll out.

Just got 2.1.7 last night and 2.1.10 showed up this morning so I have joined the world of updates! Seems like they are doing a full roll out.
And just yesterday they said that all updates past 2.0.71 were on hold. Hopefully, this is the start of the rollout....

It seems the Lucid is more sensitive to instabilities in the charging power supply. Our Tesla and our Lucid are on separate plugs, but they run off the same panel. We always keep our cars plugged in when they're in the garage and, as we drive the Tesla less often, it stays plugged in a bit more. Yet charging has been interrupted only twice in the Tesla but almost daily in the Lucid during this two-week heat wave during which we've had the brown-outs.

I love the term: Sensitive to instabilities. Sounds a bit like my wife complaining about my temper.

I have worked extensively in mains power quality issues for 25 years. Trust me that the quality and consistency of our mains power continues to degrade, especially in areas like Florida, Texas, Arizona, with massive growth, huge weather events and inadequate infrastructure funding. Add that historical shitty power in NYC and Boston, etc.

I have a hard time finding fault with a Lucid shutting off its charging because it's being fed very shitty, grossly out of spec power, from a brownout, to spikes to high distortion. It is typical for NON LIFESAVING equipment to shut off and stay shut off after a severe over or under voltage event. The equipment stays off until it is determined by a PERSON the event is over or past. You do not want a $2 chip in your equipment thinking the event has passed in the middle of disastrous brownout, having it then cycle back on to suffer damage. So, as an engineer, I am fine with equipment shutting off if the unit determines it cannot operate safely. And I agree, it should then notify you.

That said, I also think its a great idea that power equipment informs me that its has shut down or charging has stopped, for any reason. Come to think of it, I believe MY CHARGEPOINT does that NOW. I use a ChargePoint Level 2 into my Lucid. I do not use the CP app, but simply plug it in and use the Lucid app. When the Lucid reaches 80%, and stops, my ChargePoint send me an email that "the CP unit is drawing little power" and that charging is either done or there is a problem.

I love the term: Sensitive to instabilities. Sounds a bit like my wife complaining about my temper.

I have worked extensively in mains power quality issues for 25 years. Trust me that the quality and consistency of our mains power continues to degrade, especially in areas like Florida, Texas, Arizona, with massive growth, huge weather events and inadequate infrastructure funding. Add that historical shitty power in NYC and Boston, etc.

I have a hard time finding fault with a Lucid shutting off its charging because it's being fed very shitty, grossly out of spec power, from a brownout, to spikes to high distortion. It is typical for NON LIFESAVING equipment to shut off and stay shut off after a severe over or under voltage event. The equipment stays off until it is determined by a PERSON the event is over or past. You do not want a $2 chip in your equipment thinking the event has passed in the middle of disastrous brownout, having it then cycle back on to suffer damage. So, as an engineer, I am fine with equipment shutting off if the unit determines it cannot operate safely. And I agree, it should then notify you.

That said, I also think its a great idea that power equipment informs me that its has shut down or charging has stopped, for any reason. Come to think of it, I believe MY CHARGEPOINT does that NOW. I use a ChargePoint Level 2 into my Lucid. I do not use the CP app, but simply plug it in and use the Lucid app. When the Lucid reaches 80%, and stops, my ChargePoint send me an email that "the CP unit is drawing little power" and that charging is either done or there is a problem.

Exactly. I don't have any problem with the Lucid's halting charging in the presence of power issues or even with the car's not starting recharging on its own (although the Tesla does so with no problems so far). But I do wish the Lucid would give me an alert so that I would know to start recharging via the app when power is sufficiently stable.

We built on a lake in a semi-remote area on the edge of a large nature preserve. It's in the Orangetree, FL census area, which NASA has designated the lightning hotspot of the U.S. with 205 lightning strikes per year per square mile. Our house is the last house on our power line. We're over 20 miles from the substation, and there are seven lightning arrestors along the way. During rainy season, we can have a half dozen or more power "blip-outs" in an afternoon and evening. We're on our third VFD (variable frequency drive) unit for our well system, our third mother board for some appliances, and our second pool pump. We also have a 36-kW generator. Sometimes we just manually switch to generator power while there are storms nearby even though the grid is still working.

I've considered putting in a power wall, but we were without power for nine days after Hurricane Irma, so a generator is really the only way to go for us. And with record ocean temperatures heading into this year's hurricane season, God only knows what we'll be seeing.

My vehicle got 2.1.7 yesterday afternoon, and after I did that update, it got 2.1.10. The update went smoothly with no glitches that I can tell.

downloaded 2.1.7 this morning and already received notice that 2.1.10 is ready to be installed.

Is the transition from “hold” to driving forward smoother under 2.1.10? Seems so to me.

Is the transition from “hold” to driving forward smoother under 2.1.10? Seems so to me.
Might be a mind thing with new software update, but I think so too. Same with deceleration in HA. Both "feel" smoother now whereas before, it was very noticeable to the point of annoying.

Yay! Finally got the updates. 2.1.7 is done and 2.1.10 is in progress. I’ll check out the changes tomorrow.

2.1.10 seems to have made the app on my iPhone much more responsive. Waking the car takes a bit but it seems to always be successful. Remotely turning on the AC happens in the 1st or 2nd try. Opening the trunk is a little fussy sometimes still however.

Has anyone had any problems when Lucid ran the Seat Rehoming Procedure? In other words, did they have to do anything beyond running the Seat Rehoming Procedure for the Easy Exit to work. If yes, what else did they do.

The Seattle Service Center wanted my car for a week and now they want to reschedule it for the end of Aug in order to have a loaner for me. I gave them a counter proposal to keep my original service date and while I waited, they would run the Seat Homing procedure and if it fixes the problem then we are good to go, if it doesn't then we can reschedule for a later time, This of course is assuming I can still adjust the seat manually.

Has anyone had any problems when Lucid ran the Seat Rehoming Procedure? In other words, did they have to do anything beyond running the Seat Rehoming Procedure for the Easy Exit to work. If yes, what else did they do.

The Seattle Service Center wanted my car for a week and now they want to reschedule it for the end of Aug in order to have a loaner for me. I gave them a counter proposal to keep my original service date and while I waited, they would run the Seat Homing procedure and if it fixes the problem then we are good to go, if it doesn't then we can reschedule for a later time, This of course is assuming I can still adjust the seat manually.
Are you sure that is all they are doing? It doesn't sound right. The seat homing procedure doesn't take that long. I had it done at my home, along with getting a new Air logo on the rear of the car and a wiper update. All of it was done in a little over an hour.

Are you sure that is all they are doing? It doesn't sound right. The seat homing procedure doesn't take that long. I had it done at my home, along with getting a new Air logo on the rear of the car and a wiper update. All of it was done in a little over an hour.
Seat homing is like 5 minutes.

What was your wiper update? I've had problems with the auto wiper function not working. My mobile tech thinks its a software issue, but hasn't figured out a way to address it.

What was your wiper update? I've had problems with the auto wiper function not working. My mobile tech thinks its a software issue, but hasn't figured out a way to address it.
I have no idea. I wasn't having any problems with the wipers. The tech said it was a fix they were doing to all the cars when they getting serviced.

I have no idea. I wasn't having any problems with the wipers. The tech said it was a fix they were doing to all the cars when they getting serviced.
If it’s annual service, they replace them.

It's a service bulletin to make sure the nuts holding the wipers on are fully tightened, or something like that.

Back