OTA 1.2.9

The brake release is definitely smoother, however it was accomplished. On the other hand, my regenerative braking is now intermittent. I keep mine on high and expect it to slow down immediately. This morning it didn't slow down several times and then worked a few minutes later. 🤔

I checked the settings, no change after update.

The brake release is definitely smoother, however it was accomplished. On the other hand, my regenerative braking is now intermittent. I keep mine on high and expect it to slow down immediately. This morning it didn't slow down several times and then worked a few minutes later. 🤔

I checked the settings, no change after update.
Did you happen to have a near-full charge? It does not regen as there is no place to put the energy generated. After a few miles, it becomes light and more gradual onset.

Did you happen to have a near-full charge? It does not regen as there is no place to put the energy generated. After a few miles, it becomes light and more gradual onset.
Wow, can't believe all the time I've spent here and didn't know that! I had 100% charge this morning (511 mi) in preparation for a drive to our lake house later today.

Good to know, thanks!

Wow, can't believe all the time I've spent here and didn't know that! I had 100% charge this morning (511 mi) in preparation for a drive to our lake house later today.

Good to know, thanks!
I didn’t know that either. I always set charge to 85% and never experience lesser regen.

This forum is AWESOME! 😎

I too have gotten the recent update and while driving yesterday on the highway the the regenerative brakes did not kick in and I had to use the brake pedal! My SOC was about 55%. Hopefully a one time occurrence.

I too have gotten the recent update and while driving yesterday on the highway the the regenerative brakes did not kick in and I had to use the brake pedal! My SOC was about 55%. Hopefully a one time occurrence.
Double check to make sure it's still set to high, I've had updates which change the setting.

I will test the various modes but the Thunk while stopped in DRIVE is gone. It is there if you get out of park.
I did not mind either but as long as all else is the same not having the noise is good.
1.2.9 seemed to have gone faster than the 26 minutes.
Have not tested the Pedestrian feature but a car passed behind and it brakes but not hard, however I was going super super slow backing out of my garage.

Probably just me but it seems the software loads slower now and the big console and the right side upper console are blank longer than before.

Am I the only one who has not played with the front seat settings? Just discovered that you can make the seat longer.
Funny how we all have different things we notice and miss - the thigh support was one of the first things I fell in love with!

Am I the only one who has not played with the front seat settings? Just discovered that you can make the seat longer.
You need to play with your car more. 🤣

Funny how we all have different things we notice and miss - the thigh support was one of the first things I fell in love with!
I've heard from a few different Lucid employees that Touring may not get the adjustable thigh support in its seats, and I'm really hoping that isn't true. Great feature.

I've heard from a few different Lucid employees that Touring may not get the adjustable thigh support in its seats, and I'm really hoping that isn't true. Great feature.
The touring just seems to becoming more and more unreasonable on price then. I originally planned on the touring but when I started pricing up the options I wanted it turned out to be not that far off the Grand Touring which gave you more range, hp, etc. I can see why it's not popular which is a shame for Lucid because it could've been the most popular model if they priced it right. Maybe it was a deliberate move to push people up into Grand Tourings, who knows!

The touring just seems to becoming more and more unreasonable on price then. I originally planned on the touring but when I started pricing up the options I wanted it turned out to be not that far off the Grand Touring which gave you more range, hp, etc. I can see why it's not popular which is a shame for Lucid because it could've been the most popular model if they priced it right. Maybe it was a deliberate move to push people up into Grand Tourings, who knows!
Yeah, I have no idea if they were just spewing nonsense or not. I guess we'll find out when Touring finally starts shipping. But it does make some sense, given the seats for Touring are different leather, lacking massage, etc. If you already are using different seats, anyway, there's no reason to doubt they could take the adjustable thigh support out, too.

After a week of very enjoyable cruising around the scenic byways of the beautiful St. Croix River Valley (just outside the Twin Cities in MN), I'm now noticing things that seem buggy, or may have changed in the latest update. First, the "thunk" is happily gone, and that was certainly a big win, and indicates so much can be improved. Really glad to know that @TakeDuo survived the back up test with his wife, too!

A couple of thing that I have not figured out yet: the voice command button (I disabled Alexa for privacy and annoyance reasons) does not have any consistency in when it responds - sometimes I push it once, ask for directions, it works, no problem. Other times it's push it 1-2-3 times and nothing. Then, I noticed today that I couldn't forward-skip a song while in navigation. Seems some of the steering wheel buttons only work when the application is actively shown in the right panel - are these issues true for others?

Now that I have the car it is clear there are some things I really don't care that much about, and for those that I do care about, I am finding work arounds that don't yet make me feel too stupid. But I'm sure that will change!

Back