OTA 1.2.9

A couple of thing that I have not figured out yet: the voice command button (I disabled Alexa for privacy and annoyance reasons) does not have any consistency in when it responds - sometimes I push it once, ask for directions, it works, no problem. Other times it's push it 1-2-3 times and nothing. Then, I noticed today that I couldn't forward-skip a song while in navigation. Seems some of the steering wheel buttons only work when the application is actively shown in the right panel - are these issues true for others?
My steering wheel buttons don’t skip music tracks half the time in Tidal. Also my voice command button doesn’t work half the time so I always just say Hey Alexa and that works after I’ve been driving for a couple minutes, but not immediately because it takes time to connect to Alexa.

After a week of very enjoyable cruising around the scenic byways of the beautiful St. Croix River Valley (just outside the Twin Cities in MN), I'm now noticing things that seem buggy, or may have changed in the latest update. First, the "thunk" is happily gone, and that was certainly a big win, and indicates so much can be improved. Really glad to know that @TakeDuo survived the back up test with his wife, too!

A couple of thing that I have not figured out yet: the voice command button (I disabled Alexa for privacy and annoyance reasons) does not have any consistency in when it responds - sometimes I push it once, ask for directions, it works, no problem. Other times it's push it 1-2-3 times and nothing. Then, I noticed today that I couldn't forward-skip a song while in navigation. Seems some of the steering wheel buttons only work when the application is actively shown in the right panel - are these issues true for others?

Now that I have the car it is clear there are some things I really don't care that much about, and for those that I do care about, I am finding work arounds that don't yet make me feel too stupid. But I'm sure that will change!
Agree my voice button works half the time and skip song buttons also are hit or miss.

I notice that those buttons have to be pushed dead center...

Great for long drives. The seat massaging is REALLY different. Works
Wait so the seat massage function is improved? How so? The update has been sitting in my car since day 1 but I’m away and my car is plugged in and for some reason this update says to unplug the car first 😭

This update eliminated my ability to charge at EA stations. I charged successfully two days ago, but today I couldn’t. (The update was applied in between) When plugging in, I got a “payment denied” error. Lucid had to turn on some software module that was now off on the car. Very frustrating. It took me an extra 30’ at the charging station while on my trip.

This update eliminated my ability to charge at EA stations. I charged successfully two days ago, but today I couldn’t. (The update was applied in between) When plugging in, I got a “payment denied” error. Lucid had to turn on some software module that was now off on the car. Very frustrating. It took me an extra 30’ at the charging station while on my trip.
don't think it's because of this update though. EA stations are a hit or miss. i had 50% success rate with EA chargers around here.

I’m not sure that is Lucid Air issue. I’ve seen that in the past, I changed stall when I saw that message and other stall worked.

This exact thing happened to me but before the update. I rebooted the Lucid and it made no difference. Then EA rebooted their station and the charger worked but the 350kw station only put out 52kw (car was SOC 24% and preconditioned so it wasn’t the car’s problem) and got a message saying “power limited by station”. I don’t think the plug and charge problems are from Lucid.

Wait so the seat massage function is improved? How so? The update has been sitting in my car since day 1 but I’m away and my car is plugged in and for some reason this update says to unplug the car first 😭

Ha, Ha not different from update but different than any massaging seat I've sat on before.

don't think it's because of this update though. EA stations are a hit or miss. i had 50% success rate with EA chargers around here.
I figured it was EA, but Wasn’t an EA issue. it was in the Lucid software.

I figured it was EA, but Wasn’t an EA issue. it was in the Lucid software.
how did you come to that conclusion? EA stations are always flaky to me so i don't know if 1.2.9 was the cause or not. i had 1.2.9 on the day it came out and i did charge once at an EA station after it came out.

how did you come to that conclusion? EA stations are always flaky to me so i don't know if 1.2.9 was the cause or not. i had 1.2.9 on the day it came out and i did charge once at an EA station after it came out.
Yeah no issues with charging on this update at EA for us beyond the normal EA station shenanigans that are experienced by all EV drivers

Lucid said it was missing a module of the programming. That module was turned “off” which would not allow me to charge at EA stations. I asked why. He thought it was never on. I told him I just had two days ago just fine. The only thing that changed was performing the 1.2.9 update since that last charge. So …. Something turned it off. 🤷‍♂️

Lucid said it was missing a module of the programming. That module was turned “off” which would not allow me to charge at EA stations. I asked why. He thought it was never on. I told him I just had two days ago just fine. The only thing that changed was performing the 1.2.9 update since that last charge. So …. Something turned it off. 🤷‍♂️

I guess we'll see a 1.2.91 real soon. I think they may have turned the LIDAR off at low speeds. I am not getting the garage door interference now. One test I'll plug in my radar detector that was unusable.

I guess we'll see a 1.2.91 real soon. I think they may have turned the LIDAR off at low speeds. I am not getting the garage door interference now. One test I'll plug in my radar detector that was unusable.
955C65D6-ECE7-4771-8775-C24476C1241D.png

that's strange. did he say that an update is coming out to fix it?

Back