OTA 1.2.9

ok this may be the explaination… just tested on my slightly sloped driveway. The new hold versus the “park” function is different. The “hold” noise is almost non-existent transitioning from being in reverse hold to go pedal. If I place it in park from hold, it pauses briefly and switches to some different hold and the “clunk” happens. Again, that is on a slope and gravity is pulling the car back.
The "park" mode should be engaging the parking brake vs. the hold mode which before engaged the physical brake, but now uses motor hold? Not an engineer either.

She said it physically would not allow her to hit me by auto applying the brakes. I asked her how she knew…. She was quite. Dinner will be awkward…. Cool feature!
Maybe it's time to send the Lucid engineering team that fruit basket...

Maybe it's time to send the Lucid engineering team that fruit basket...
This is exactly the sort of “quick win” update that builds customer trust and demonstrates they are listening. The frequency of updates lately has also been confidence inspiring. Sounds like the team is starting to hit its stride. Hope they can keep this up.

The "park" mode should be engaging the parking brake vs. the hold mode which before engaged the physical brake, but now uses motor hold? Not an engineer either.
Yeah I think I explained it poorly but the motor hold now vs mechanical physical brake before. Very little pedal movement on release.

Seriously? I can’t believe that a software update could mitigate that. Impressive.
They probably adjusted the rate of pressure onset to the break pads. Maybe they added in motor assisted old as a way to give more time for the pads to clamp down. Increasing the brake system pressure more slowly could avoid the clunk noise.

Interesting that you never had it, I had it both on my test drive and since I took delivery! Doesn’t bother me either, if it goes away that’s cool with me!
This is funny how some of stuffs never happened to me, but after reading the forum few instances later, it then happened to me. I’m not sure why, I called it manifestation destiny or jinxed.

Like frunk latch not close give warning, vampire drain, Tidal sound outage, clunk/thunk sound. These are minor stuffs happened at 1100, 1600, 1800 and 1900 miles mark. Nothing major, drunk latch, service center fixed; vampire drain, I didn’t care as much yet for BMS fan protecting battery; Tidal speakers outage twice as may be delayed software handshake thing and lastly clunk/thunk sound, I don’t remember hearing it after 1.2.9 OTA update and went out tonight right after update.

Just went back and checked, 17 OTA updates so far...keep them coming Lucid!

For anyone with this update, let us know if it fixes the *clunk/thunk* noise other users have reported hearing when releasing the brake

If you have a chance simulate stop and go traffic, you can see the car actually depresses the brake pedal. The noise is this being release and brak pedal snapping up. I had intended to post a video of this for a while

One of my favorite movies

It's completely possible they went with motor hold instead of physically engaging the brake. That'd be my guess as to how to get rid of that noise.

If they get rid of the mechanical brake pedal being depressed sound should completely go away.

Yeah I think I explained it poorly but the motor hold now vs mechanical physical brake before. Very little pedal movement on release.

Exactly

Up to this point, my wife (and to some degree myself) has been underwhelmed by the overall software and updates. I think she finally gets it now with the subtle change of the brake. She realizes how much can be changed with software alone. Excited again 😃

Faith! I never had doubt Lucid won’t improve to refine its software.

Tesla can keep bragging about their software, Lucid hardware and interior design is a class above everyone, software is matter of time.

Yeah I didn't mind the brake hold release noise before, but now that it's gone it removes a mild noise that did bother some people. It's kind of cool they did an update to cater to something like that, very detail oriented. As for the other new features, I didn't see rear pedestrian alert as an option anywhere in DreamDrive, I guess it's just part of the cross-traffic alert?

Yeah I didn't mind the brake hold release noise before, but now that it's gone it removes a mild noise that did bother some people. It's kind of cool they did an update to cater to something like that, very detail oriented. As for the other new features, I didn't see rear pedestrian alert as an option anywhere in DreamDrive, I guess it's just part of the cross-traffic alert?
So, I didn’t look for (or see) a cross pedestrian setting I just started backing up with people moving behind the car. Very slow and fair distance away for safety. As you get close, it just throws up a big red “BRAKE” on far right glass cockpit and stops the car after a brief warning. It also worked for my super-smart dog that likes to run very closely around the car while it moves. Anyone else have experience?

So, I didn’t look for (or see) a cross pedestrian setting I just started backing up with people moving behind the car. Very slow and fair distance away for safety. As you get close, it just throws up a big red “BRAKE” on far right glass cockpit and stops the car after a brief warning. It also worked for my super-smart dog that likes to run very closely around the car while it moves. Anyone else have experience?

Before the update (1.2.76) car slammed on the brakes for a car that was crossing behind on our street. Scared all of us since the car wasn't that close to the street, but hey it worked!!!

That clunk noise seems to be alot more on the Sprint mode. It is loud. The Comfort and Swift have it as well but alot lighter. I just got use to the noise but would be nice to remove entirely.

Also, what firmware version are most people on? I have yet to see any firmware updates since I picked up the car last month and still 1.26.

Also, what firmware version are most people on? I have yet to see any firmware updates since I picked up the car last month and still 1.26.

1.2.9 is being rolled out now

Back