• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

OTA 1.2.11

They must have a “NICE” list and roll it out to them first. I was told it was coming but did not tell me when. I have a GT
I received the update this morning and I am definitely not on the NICE list! ;)

You would hope that I don’t but I have the highest attention on my car at Lucid. I guarantee you that. Have already received 2 more calls to help fix my issues 😂😂😂🙅🏻‍♂️
All kidding aside, I am glad the Lucid folks seem to be trying to take care of you. You've had more than your share of issues. Hope they can resolve the bulk of everything for you eventually.

You would hope that I don’t but I have the highest attention on my car at Lucid. I guarantee you that. Have already received 2 more calls to help fix my issues 😂😂😂🙅🏻‍♂️
I don't hope that you don't get your issues resolved but your attitude is terrible. Let's just agree to disagree that disparaging the company who is trying to make things right for you is a piss poor way to behave.

I don't hope that you don't get your issues resolved but your attitude is terrible. Let's just agree to disagree that disparaging the company who is trying to make things right for you is a piss poor way to behave.
Theres a fine line. I could ague that Lucid has been keeping me informed about what's been going on with my car but it doesn't give them a free pass to keep it for as long as they want. Saying sorry for the inconvenience just doesn't cut it when you've outlaid $150K+ on a vehicle. Providing me with a loaner that didn't even come with navigation and then swapping it out for a car with torn leather and scratches on it doesn't scream a "luxury" experience.

Peter branded Lucid as a luxury carmaker and with that theres little room for forgiveness when things go wrong. They were all about quality, not going to have production issues because the factory had been built from the ground up for the Lucid Manufacturing Process yet we have cars dying on the roads and needing to be towed, delayed deliveries, multiple revisions to the PDI and even after these revisions we're still seeing car motors dying or charging panel doors falling off. Heck, he put the person in charge of manufacturing who put Tesla into production hell with the Model 3 and is surprised they didn't get production right?

The optics at the moment seems to be show off the new toys and events we're having about how great this car is and not deal with the problems at hand. Today we see a video on Twitter of Peter doing laps \ joyrides of the new Sapphire. Dude, one minute you're telling us you're on the factory floor personally dealing with quality issues because it's YOUR responsibility then next minute you're off posing for pictures and getting dressed up in racing kit and having fun doing test laps.

I was a huge advocate for Lucid. The amount of people who would stop by the car, ask me questions and want to look inside etc. was happening every time I took the car out and I had no issues praising them for what they delivered. After this experience though, it's left a sour taste in my mouth and that I was played by a CEO who talks the talk but can't walk the walk. The only saving grace is when you have the car it's really a joy to own and drive but it will be over 5 weeks before I get my car back at the earliest and no apology from Lucid is going to cut it because this shouldn't have happened \ taken this long in the first place when you're all about "quality"

Maybe i'm the stupid one for believing in the company but by no means did I ever expect I would be without my car for so long with them fumbling around trying to figure out what the issues are. I've owned many new cars (many first gen models) in my time and this by far has been the worst experience I've ever dealt with when it comes to a warranty repair. Providing me with shitty loaners and saying sorry just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

Not that I want it right now given other recent problems with the car, but at the time Service towed off my car this morning I hadn't even received 1.2.10.

How could they already be releasing 1.2.11 when other owners haven't even gotten 1.2.10?

Maybe i'm the stupid one for believing in the company but by no means did I ever expect I would be without my car for so long with them fumbling around trying to figure out what the issues are
Trotting out the trope - new company, first car. The problem is that it's not ICE where people have a lot of experience and they didn't use off the shelf parts. Your problem is the first Lucid has seen of this type (that we know of). They have many parts that are unique to their car. More complicated than leaking fluid. No existing knowledge base. No service bulletin. Your car will cause a service bulletin to be written. You perfectly described what is probably going on - "fumbling around trying to figure out what the issues are". They may have found the failed component but don't want to turn the car back over to you without figuring out what caused the failure so you don't experience it (or worse) again in a month. Failed electronics in a high voltage system - something you want them to have a high level of confidence they fixed it...permanently.

For owners like you, @hmp10, @Pete44, Master Yoda's statement of "Do, or do not. There is no try" will be invoked and we have to hope Lucid does right by you when you've tired of them trying to fix your car.

Not that I want it right now given other recent problems with the car, but at the time Service towed off my car this morning I hadn't even received 1.2.10.

How could they already be releasing 1.2.11 when other owners haven't even gotten 1.2.10?
1.2.10 was released before I got 1.2.9. After waiting over a week, I contacted CS and they pushed 1.2.9 to me. They then had to push 1.2.10 after more waiting without a notification. I'll give them at least a week as usual for 1.2.11 before reaching out, but if the past is any indication....

Theres a fine line. I could ague that Lucid has been keeping me informed about what's been going on with my car but it doesn't give them a free pass to keep it for as long as they want. Saying sorry for the inconvenience just doesn't cut it when you've outlaid $150K+ on a vehicle. Providing me with a loaner that didn't even come with navigation and then swapping it out for a car with torn leather and scratches on it doesn't scream a "luxury" experience.

Peter branded Lucid as a luxury carmaker and with that theres little room for forgiveness when things go wrong. They were all about quality, not going to have production issues because the factory had been built from the ground up for the Lucid Manufacturing Process yet we have cars dying on the roads and needing to be towed, delayed deliveries, multiple revisions to the PDI and even after these revisions we're still seeing car motors dying or charging panel doors falling off. Heck, he put the person in charge of manufacturing who put Tesla into production hell with the Model 3 and is surprised they didn't get production right?

The optics at the moment seems to be show off the new toys and events we're having about how great this car is and not deal with the problems at hand. Today we see a video on Twitter of Peter doing laps \ joyrides of the new Sapphire. Dude, one minute you're telling us you're on the factory floor personally dealing with quality issues because it's YOUR responsibility then next minute you're off posing for pictures and getting dressed up in racing kit and having fun doing test laps.

I was a huge advocate for Lucid. The amount of people who would stop by the car, ask me questions and want to look inside etc. was happening every time I took the car out and I had no issues praising them for what they delivered. After this experience though, it's left a sour taste in my mouth and that I was played by a CEO who talks the talk but can't walk the walk. The only saving grace is when you have the car it's really a joy to own and drive but it will be over 5 weeks before I get my car back at the earliest and no apology from Lucid is going to cut it because this shouldn't have happened \ taken this long in the first place when you're all about "quality"

Maybe i'm the stupid one for believing in the company but by no means did I ever expect I would be without my car for so long with them fumbling around trying to figure out what the issues are. I've owned many new cars (many first gen models) in my time and this by far has been the worst experience I've ever dealt with when it comes to a warranty repair. Providing me with shitty loaners and saying sorry just doesn't cut it in my opinion.
They should give you a new car! And use your old one a s guinea pig to test out.

Sorry to say but Hydbob has a terrible attitude towards people who have car issues and are mad at the company.
The Company is NOT DOING ME A FAVOR by addressing my issues. I DID THE COMPANY A FAVOR by Buying their 1st Generation Expensive Car that they claimed was flawless and most likely bribed Someone to get those awards.

Rawlinson is a real tool. I would not believe anything he says after these fiascos with lack of deliveries etc. and all the different quality issues.

Please don’t say Tesla did the same. He was there, he knew so he should not have lied about delivering 25K and then 12K Cars. There is no way on gods green earth he did not know that Day One.

Of course I have a bad attitude towards the Company that is dragging their feet to fix basic stuff like AC. What good is the driving if one is sweating in the Car.

I already told them it is great that 3 people call
Me to Empathize BUT at the end of the day what counts is that you solve the issue and quickly, not in 3 months or a year.

I told them one way is to return my money and take their Car. Don’t know about anywhere else but there is no market for it here in the Dallas area. The ONE GT that is for sale has its price being reduced 2 to 5 K every week.

They should give you a new car! And use your old one a s guinea pig to test out.
If it’s not back by end of next week I’m going to ask for a replacement. Will have to figure out how to deal with the costs of PPF, Tinting etc. as Lucid should cover those costs in good faith due to the issue being no fault of my own. They’re not legally required to so will see if they want to he nice or want to be dicks!

Hoping it doesn’t come to that though.

Absolutely. Battery is pretty much the Car and if they are having such an issue trying to find a fix how do they expect the customer to have the confidence in it once they do give it back.

It would be one thing if the Car was a Year or Two old.

With the Lucid in the shop, four of us went to dinner tonight in the Tesla Model S Plaid. Being the shortest in the group, I volunteered for the back seat. It had been months since I'd ridden in the back of that car. Besides the cramped legroom, which I well remembered, I was surprised at the sounds I was hearing behind my left ear. There was the almost constant sound of what seemed to be interior panels rubbing together, apparently from the flexion of the body over uneven pavement.

This car has only about 1,000 more miles on it than our much-roomier Air, which remains quiet and rock solid. It brought home all over again how good our Air will be if -- and I now mean if instead of when -- Lucid gets to the bottom of its computer/software issues.

I have never experienced the extremes I'm seeing in this car: an absolutely brilliant engineering and execution of vehicle dynamics, comfort, range, and style combined with absolutely abysmal user electronics.

Sorry to say but Hydbob has a terrible attitude towards people who have car issues and are mad at the company.
The Company is NOT DOING ME A FAVOR by addressing my issues. I DID THE COMPANY A FAVOR by Buying their 1st Generation Expensive Car that they claimed was flawless and most likely bribed Someone to get those awards.

Rawlinson is a real tool. I would not believe anything he says after these fiascos with lack of deliveries etc. and all the different quality issues.

Please don’t say Tesla did the same. He was there, he knew so he should not have lied about delivering 25K and then 12K Cars. There is no way on gods green earth he did not know that Day One.

Of course I have a bad attitude towards the Company that is dragging their feet to fix basic stuff like AC. What good is the driving if one is sweating in the Car.

Me to Empathize BUT at the end of the day what counts is that you solve the issue and quickly, not in 3 months or a year.

I told them one way is to return my money and take their Car. Don’t know about anywhere else but there is no market for it here in the Dallas area. The ONE GT that is for sale has its price being reduced 2 to 5 K every week.
Wow that's abysmal pricing. You'd better hurry up and sell before the price drops to zero.

How long have you had your car?

I'm sympathetic to you. I can imagine that it's frustrating. It's a car. It either does what you want it to, or it doesn't. In your case, it looks like it's leaning towards "doesn't". I mean this constructively, why do you still have it? Clearly it's a source of unhappiness for you, and it sounds like you have good reason to be unhappy with your car. So get rid of it, buy something else, and be happy.

Based on what your profile says, you're only 33. That's quite impressive to be able to buy such an expensive car at such a young age. But there's so much more interesting cars out there for the $150k you spent here, and even if you only get $125k back or something like that, you could go explore a different brand! I'm partial to seeing what the new Fisker Ocean is like, and the Lyriq also looks pretty interesting.

Push past all this stuff, CEOs like Rawlinson will come and go but you've only got one life to live. No point in trying to fix a company that's clearly headed into some murky waters, you're surely not being paid enough money to do that :)

You are literally, the only person who I've been calling out on this forum. Plenty of us owners have had issues, but no one has approached their problems the way you have. Maybe you should have done yourself a favor and actually checked the car out before buying. You were intelligent enough to find these forums, read through the issues all the other owners before you were experiencing, and YET, somehow, you convinced yourself that you would have a perfect car, even though you never went to look at one in person prior to purchase nor was it ever promised to be flawless.

It's not Lucid's fault or Peter's fault you bought high and sold low. Lucid also is not the only manufacture to adjust their PROJECTIONS due to global supply chain issues.

They've taken you car, performed multiple service calls to fix issues you are having and yet here you are still complaining about how shitty your car is, how terrible the service is, and that the CEO and management are snake oil salesmen.

Not to mention, all of this happening while the car STILL ISN'T EVEN PAID FOR YET!

I remember he was pre-dooming and complaining about the car before he even got it. It’s possible to be a total Karen about it but still have legitimate issues with defects with the car, which is the situation here I think. AC button falling off? Legitimate issue. Saying you feel hot even though all testing has checked out repeatedly, well that’s a “sensitivity” that he can’t live with. And yeah complaining you can’t fit vertical stacks of a billion paper towel rolls from Costco into the trunk of a super-aero high end sports sedan is a total Karen move. Mirror not unfolding correctly? Legitimate issues. That’s the problem when you give people who expect near-perfection anything less than near-perfection. They attack whoever made the thing and gave it to them as incompetent failures, meanwhile there could be legitimate problems that need addressing and they’re trying to help, but still they suck apparently. It’s like being a personal assistant to a celebrity. You’ll do a billion things right but if you fuck up the coffee order you’re dead to them, even though yeah you did get the coffee order wrong.

Back