OTA 1.2.11

If they do "roll up" now that's great and new to me, so I hope it's true because that makes the most sense. As far as "bricking" a car, I think only @Alex has a confirmed case of that as far as I can remember.
I don't think they do. Last week the Service Center had to perform 3 or 4 updates to get it to the latest. They didn't just do one to get it to the latest as the App kept notifying me every time they were updating the car so i'm assuming it's still having to do each one individually before you will see the next come through.

Just so you know, you can initiate the updates from your phone. I got the notifications for the last 2 updates while in New Zealand and though I didn't install them remotely, the phone can see the car just as easily. Now, if you are leaving the car plugged in, that may be an issue. I cannot recall whether you still need to unplug for updates.
I didn't realize I could initiate through mobile app. Do you remember where in the app I can do that? Thanks

I didn't realize I could initiate through mobile app. Do you remember where in the app I can do that? Thanks
It shows up on the shield icon when an update is ready to be installed. Can instigate it from there. I've done them all remotely even when the car has been in an underground parking garage

I don't think they do. Last week the Service Center had to perform 3 or 4 updates to get it to the latest. They didn't just do one to get it to the latest as the App kept notifying me every time they were updating the car so i'm assuming it's still having to do each one individually before you will see the next come through.
The same thing for me when the service center replaced the instrument communication cluster module, they had to load 4 updates to get it to the current version.

You don’t need to be physically present. I did last 2 OTA updates remotely from my mobile app. But you do need more than 20% SOC for any update to happen.

I installed the last update from my office while car was in the parking garage across the street.

Update completed and I haven't had a chance to get outside to the car, but I checked the car on the app and the functions seem to work much faster than before. Lock/unlock, turning on the the air conditioning both happened in 2-3 seconds vs 15-30 seconds before. Great news!!

This is awesome!

Hmmm . Again, I was told to leave the car plugged in during my absence. But updates had to be manually initiated. (And I was advised above, that is not the case.)

And if there is an update, you initiate it, exit the car. The vehicle locks, stops charging & installs update(s).

I performed one of the updates while plugged in, I think I had to be unplugged for maybe the first two.

Did they fix the Audio and Homelink???

Interesting. I haven’t missed that many updates in a row, but my car never got 1.2.76 (although I did try to initiate it from the app and thought it downloaded but the car never displayed that as the current version) so when 1.2.9 came, it installed with no issues, same with 1.2.10. I assumed 1.2.76 “rolled in” with 1.2.9 🤷‍♂️

Just spoke to a Customer Care rep this morning. He said Update 1.2.11 is not yet officially out. He also said it is possible some DE owners may receive updates earlier than the official release as a perk. He didn’t have any more info re: the official release date.

Just spoke to a Customer Care rep this morning. He said Update 1.2.11 is not yet officially out. He also said it is possible some DE owners may receive updates earlier than the official release as a perk. He didn’t have any more info re: the official release date.
He lies.

They must have a “NICE” list and roll it out to them first. I was told it was coming but did not tell me when. I have a GT

They must have a “NICE” list and roll it out to them first. I was told it was coming but did not tell me when. I have a GT
If that's the case I can almost guarantee i'm now on the "naughty" list after my frustration with them over my dead car.

If that were the case you'd never get an update 🤣

1661535487941.gif

Back