Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Yep, made many threads on it, but I do want to clarify (further down)

I called Lucid and even before I bought the used car, they told me the warranty will transfer. So after finding a bunch of minor issues and some big ones, they are planning to address them.
The paint one is still being thought about, but to me it's more minor, I only ranted about it because I wanted to be 100% sure whether or not I was being denied due to being a 2nd owner.
The technician told me yes, but then the Lucid reps on the forums here confirmed that 2nd hand owners are and should be treated the same as 1st hen and are investigating the issue. Lucid has ordered parts and in a few weeks will do the service at my house. I don't have all the answers yet, but I'm really hoping they do the best they can to fix all the problems.
I'll be working with @Firstto520 a bit closer to my service date to see if there's any updates.

Nope, car is in great condition, in fact I have a video a day before I picked it up where a YouTuber came to the previous owner's residence to review the car. So I have very detailed video from the time I bought it.
Thanks for clarifying. As a Touring reservist it's tempting to consider a GT with super-low miles for only $10-12k more.

The Intelligentsia here insist the vast majority of Airs are trouble-free, so the risk of buying a used Dog seems low...

Now also finding the right color/interior.....

Well, it looks like my Touring's journey is just about to be complete. I have an appointment to pick up my car next Tuesday, the 20th in Denver. The car hasn't arrived there yet, but they are fairly certain it will be there by then. Baring any issues, I will finally get to take this thing home. Just a little under two weeks before EOY.

For those keeping score, that will be 22 days from VIN to delivery. But I do think I'm a bit of a special case because of the need to get my car to Colorado from Scottsdale. I don't think they are sending a whole lot of cars this way at this time. So if you are in a much busier area, I imagine your delivery may come sooner after VIN.

Best wishes to the rest of us hoping for an EOY delivery.

Well, it looks like my Touring's journey is just about to be complete. I have an appointment to pick up my car next Tuesday, the 20th in Denver. The car hasn't arrived there yet, but they are fairly certain it will be there by then. Baring any issues, I will finally get to take this thing home. Just a little under two weeks before EOY.

For those keeping score, that will be 22 days from VIN to delivery. But I do think I'm a bit of a special case because of the need to get my car to Colorado from Scottsdale. I don't think they are sending a whole lot of cars this way at this time. So if you are in a much busier area, I imagine your delivery may come sooner after VIN.

Congratulation!

Anybody on this forum with White/Tahoe that has been assigned a VIN yet?

Any recommendations for PPF installers in LA/Orange county area. Thanks
I'm probably going with:
Protective Film Solutions
Direct: (949) 599-5964 extension 1
3502 S. Susan St. Santa Ana, CA 92704
They have done about 6 AGT. They have a very large facility and do a lot of cars. There were delivering a Lamborghini when I was there. There were 2 posts expressing satisfaction with PFS.

To those who have received your car - does the interior come with carpets, and does Lucid provide weather mats? If not, have you considered those protection mats?
Being in Seattle area, I want to be sure to have enough protection on the inside from rain and slush

Folks that have taken delivery, mind sharing your VIN without the last two digits ? Mine is 50EA1TEA0PA0025XX. Has been in production since 12/8. No delivery timeline yet.

Just got a call from Lucid regarding my cancellation. Background, my wife is looking to take another job that will improve her quality of life but will decrease her pay by about $1000/month. The Lucid car note would have been about $1000/month, so we cancelled due to this ($2,000)/month revenue swing. I had read that the folks at Lucid were tasked with following up with cancelled orders, escalating up the management chain if the customer didn't respond to the call.

So, I called back (so this poor guy didn't have to hound me for another 2-4 calls and then escalate to his manager, etc). Easy call, they just wanted to find out how our experience was, were there any incidents where they could improve, etc. For me, it was an easy "dollar and cents" call/reason.

They did state they would be refunding my $1,000 non refundable deposit. I was not expecting that back but it is a nice bonus/gesture on their part.

I did tell him that the "mid sized" Lucid that Peter Rawlinson mentioned that may come out in 2025 would better fit our lifestyle. So, we didn't cancel as much as "paused" our Lucid purchase. Looking forward to this new car when it comes out.....another....2 years....of....waiting.....ugh

Sweet! Congratulations!

Going to pick up my fully loaded Steller White/Santa Cruz Touring this Saturday!
Ordered March 22, Confirmed August 10, Finalized Nov 2, Delivery Dec 17.
Excited about the car, just hope Lucid will still be in business for the years to come... :)

Going to pick up my fully loaded Steller White/Santa Cruz Touring this Saturday!
Excited about the car, just hope Lucid will still be in business for the years to come... :)
Nice. Beat me by a couple of days. Congrats.

Folks that have taken delivery, mind sharing your VIN without the last two digits ? Mine is 50EA1TEA0PA0025XX. Has been in production since 12/8. No delivery timeline yet.
Only the last five VIN digits are unique among Tourings...

Lucid not going anywhere, dont listen to the nonsense tesla fanboy youtubers put out

You
Just got a call from Lucid regarding my cancellation. Background, my wife is looking to take another job that will improve her quality of life but will decrease her pay by about $1000/month. The Lucid car note would have been about $1000/month, so we cancelled due to this ($2,000)/month revenue swing. I had read that the folks at Lucid were tasked with following up with cancelled orders, escalating up the management chain if the customer didn't respond to the call.

So, I called back (so this poor guy didn't have to hound me for another 2-4 calls and then escalate to his manager, etc). Easy call, they just wanted to find out how our experience was, were there any incidents where they could improve, etc. For me, it was an easy "dollar and cents" call/reason.

They did state they would be refunding my $1,000 non refundable deposit. I was not expecting that back but it is a nice bonus/gesture on their part.

I did tell him that the "mid sized" Lucid that Peter Rawlinson mentioned that may come out in 2025 would better fit our lifestyle. So, we didn't cancel as much as "paused" our Lucid purchase. Looking forward to this new car when it comes out.....another....2 years....of....waiting.....ugh
Thanks for sharing.

Sorry to see you won't be getting your car. But hope you continue to stick around and follow Lucid with us. And hopefully that mid-sized car will come sooner rather than later.

7th day “in production” for my White/Santa Cruz. I know this was one of the earlier “batches“ and many are getting their cars. Not sure what is happening with mine. My DA finally returned today (from family leave) and said he would run it to ground…. Not easy to wait after changing configurations (at DA’s recommendation) to ensure early delivery.

Congrats and happy you're finally getting it!

Anybody on this forum with White/Tahoe that has been assigned a VIN yet?
No - I'm speaking with my DA this afternoon about this, and possibility of switching to a different color combination to expedite delivery.

Back