Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Anyone else showing a black blank page when trying to open the payment link? On iPad OS 16.2.

Anyone else showing a black blank page when trying to open the payment link? On iPad OS 16.2.
I could not get that page to work at all on anything but Chrome on my Mac. Even Safari on Mac rendered the page blank. Super annoying.

I could not get that page to work at all on anything but Chrome on my Mac. Even Safari on Mac rendered the page blank. Super annoying.
Just heard from my DA that the link has been a problem all day. They hope to have it functioning tomorrow.

Just got my VIN today!!

Reserved: 4/8/2022
Finalized order: 12/2/2022
VIN: 12/22/2022
State: California

Quantum Grey, Mojave Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof, Dream drive pro, No Surreal sound pro
Awesome - seems like we're in the same Grey/Mojave batch!

Happened to me as well when tried “initiate payment” on dashboard. Under “orders and designs” there is a “make payment” button. That worked for me today on my iPad.

Happened to me as well when tried “initiate payment” on dashboard. Under “orders and designs” there is a “make payment” button. That worked for me today on my iPad.
Awesome, that worked.

While my car is still showing as “in production,” my DA confirmed today it is now in transit to Seattle (hopefully with a few other Seattle members’ cars). I’m looking at delivery late next week.
I may be one of them.

The only status I've ever had on my Dashboard is In Production. Preparing for Production has never appeared. When In Production appeared, I received my VIN. My car arrived in Costa Mesa yesterday and is being prepped for transport to Las Vegas by Tuesday. My Dashboard still says In Production. No granularity.
Made big down payment to Lucid then financed balanced with BluPeak CU. They cut the electronic check to Lucid today and Voila! My Dashboard now says Preparing for Delivery. Ariel says I should receive my Touring on Tuesday and will call on Saturday to confirm. Bears repeating, she is wonderful to work with.

My dashboard tracker has been stuck in Preparing for production since the dashboard started with out any VIN etc. My DA said if I change the color, I may get it this year and I agreed to the new color. My dashboard is still showing my old color and no VIN. How long did it take for you to get the process moving with the new color till the delivery?

Just picked up my QG today. Delivery process was smooth. Seems like the panel gaps/alignment has improved compared to the DE (family member has DE) although the trunk was slightly out of alignment. I remember there was a thread on that but I'm not sure it bothers me enough to have it corrected. The car is a blast to drive and I can't wait to drive it more!

I hope the delivery works out for you.

Lucid has advertised GTs with DDP and SSP hardware that will have a trial period. We know that Lucid is building GTs with the DDP and SP hardware and software limiting them. So far we have not seen anything one way or the other if this is true on the Touring and Pure trims. I don't think it is fair to call BS yet.
Those with non DDP Tourings are receiving VINs, so either they're building entirely different vehicles while those with fully specced orders get pushed to the wayside, or it's BS.

Another frustrating chapter. Earlier, my DA admitted that his financial people were remiss in not getting the payment information to my loan company (USAA). I was told he was tracking it and that the financial group “were on it”. All week the USAA funds were the only thing holding up delivery. Again today, my delivery was rescheduled for tomorrow as the funds still had not arrived. I finally called USAA to check on the status of payment and was told that they had no paperwork from Lucid. Called my DA and voiced my strong disappointment and displeasure. When last heard from, my DA was sitting with his supervisor to try and address the issue. We were to UBER to Costa Mesa to pick up the car tomorrow and proceed to LA for a family Christmas. LUCID coal i
Hello all, first post here. I've been following along for many months without posting, and have much appreciation for the collective brain within this group. I have collected some information along the way that I now find may be valuable to share. First my reservation details:

Original reservation 4/09/2022: ZR/SC, 21s, no DDP, added SSP, glass roof. Located in San Diego.
Finalized Nov. 1st.

Contact Nov 10th to adjust reservation to add DDP with SA stating "99% sure your vehicle will be delivered before EOY to gain credit with added DDP. Did so.

After much contact with DA, and no VIN assigned on this configuration, he contacted me and stated there was a black AT with exact configuration that was already finished, had no assigned owner, and was sitting in the lot awaiting transport. Told me it could be on a truck to So.Cal the next day, so I agreed to switch from red to black.

VIN then assigned same day Dec 12th
Paid Dec. 13th

That brings me to today. The car has not moved from facility and has been "in que" to be shipped for 10 days. Contacted DA who stated no shipment date yet and likely would be down to the wire for EOY delivery.

What is of value here is 2 things. Most people who do not have their vehicle within the next 3 days are likely not going to get it EOY. Told this by DA.

Next is that I have paid for the vehicle in full already. DA believes this will then qualify me for tax credit, regardless of delivery in 2022. I understand there is an entire thread for tax credit, but the 2 have unfortunately become an inseparable conversation. For those worried about EOY delivery, possible to pay for car in full and sign PA. DA stated on Lucids side, all paperwork will indicate 2022 for tax purposes.

One thing I want to touch on that I am frustrated with. Lucid told customers including myself that DDP would in fact be AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT build. That the car would NOT have the hardware installed and would be on an entirely different line. This appears to be....bullshit. As non DDP are being built and software limited. This was the premise of purchasing DDP with the promise of "99% chance of delivery before EOY.". Also BS.
Could be that Lucid changed their mind and decided to software limit a few DDP cars to increase sales or maybe they made an exception to get you car by EOY. Isn't this better, you get non-DDP pricing with the hardware?

Ordered my Lucid Air Touring
August 10, 2022 / 6:16 PM
Stellar White, Tahoe Interior, 21” Aero Blade Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain

Was told by my DA, Bryan Holly I should have it early JAN. Excited for it!

Those with non DDP Tourings are receiving VINs, so either they're building entirely different vehicles while those with fully specced orders get pushed to the wayside, or it's BS.
Yeah. It appears some Tourings, at least, will get a similar treatment with the same hardware and DDP / SSP will be software limited. Could be a batching thing. They didn’t have enough orders for a particular color combo to make up a full run of 200 cars. So they assign the remainder in that batch to non DDPro people. Etc.

At one point, months ago, we saw pics on this forum of the front bumper assembly with and without the LiDAR unit. They were two completely different parts. So at one point, Lucid certainly planned to make this a hardware difference. They may yet on Pure, or on cars that aren’t part of a DDPro batch. Who knows?

The question is when did they change their mind on this? Did they look at all those GTs on the lot a month ago and say “These aren’t selling. Let’s try software limiting some in order to get the price point down”? Did the head of manufacturing (who was swapped out in the summer) take a look at the plans and say “This will be more efficient if we just ship the same hardware in every car.”?

We have no way of knowing. If they knew all Touring models would have the hardware before they sent out the invites, sure. That’s a bit of BS. My guess is even if the brass knew at that point, your SA and DA probably didn’t.

Long-term, I still think this move is a good thing, for Lucid AND for customers. Even if the way they handled it was less than good.

At least customers will be able to upgrade their cars after the fact if they change their minds. Or secondary buyers can add features the original purchaser didn’t want, potentially. Or, if they offer subscriptions, you could turn on DDPro just for the occasional road trip.

Back