Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

No, I meant they were inviting already-existing reservation holders to finalize their configuration at 1000/week supposedly. This would imply they have very roughly 3000 Touring reservations in total since they started.
I wonder why there are still Touring reservation holders who have not finalized their production design?

As for the Touring itself, I'm really hoping on the 15th they allow massage seats options along with their efficiency ratings for the touring, someone said that there's some notice or news that the Touring is as efficient as the AGT and Dream right?
All models are essentially the same body, so I would hope the numbers would be pretty much the same. Give us battery upgrade! lol
Yea I wouldn't hold my breath. If massage and larger battery were options on the Touring, then what's the point of even having a GT?

I missed the post about efficiency but isn't that pretty much expected? I guess I don't know what "efficiency" really means here but if anything, shouldn't Touring be (slightly) more efficient as the smaller battery is less weight and the motors don't need to output as much horsepower?

I wonder why there are still Touring reservation holders who have not finalized their production design?
There is always going to be some kind of attrition rate. I wonder what percentage of Touring reservations haven’t finalized. Or backed out. So the total number of Touring cars may well be considerably less than 3000.

There is always going to be some kind of attrition rate. I wonder what percentage of Touring reservations haven’t finalized. Or backed out. So the total number of Touring cars may well be considerably less than 3000.
I, for one, have a Touring reservation but have not yet been invited to finalize.
Those of you that love to speculate based on very little confirmed data can multiply 1000/week times several weeks and tell everyone how many Touring reservations that implies have been reserved. But I'm just waiting my turn, patiently waiting as week after week goes by.

I, for one, have a Touring reservation but have not yet been invited to finalize.
Those of you that love to speculate based on very little confirmed data can multiply 1000/week times several weeks and tell everyone how many Touring reservations that implies have been reserved. But I'm just waiting my turn, patiently waiting as week after week goes by.
I was never invited either. I found out during an unrelated phone conversation with my SA. If you haven't logged in to your account yet I'd give it a shot, and check with your SA too.

I haven’t finalized mine because I want to actually see the 20s in person so I can make an informed decision as to whether to go with the 20s or 21s. I’m waiting to visit the Beverly Hills studio next week where a Touring with the 20s will be on display.

I was never invited either. I found out during an unrelated phone conversation with my SA. If you haven't logged in to your account yet I'd give it a shot, and check with your SA too.
Oh, I eagerly log in every day in anticipation of getting invited to confirm. Nothing there to do. Sigh.

I made my reservation last day before price increase I think May 30 and got invited to finalize last week. I haven't since I'm waiting info about camera upgrade price. My last name starts with C. I wonder if they're going alphabetical lol!

So I was just checking my order on the Lucid Web site.....I confirmed/finalized my design November 1st and received confirmation via e mail of this from Lucid.
A HQ service advisor emailed the following day, stating a DA will soon contact me. That has not happened, but I think I am a tad away from delivery anyway being metal roof and standard stereo, and also far away from any studio. (Equidistant for Denver and Chicago)
My question is there is nothing on my Lucid reservation page reflecting that Nov. 1 confirmation. The last thing they have is an August 12 date when I recall the deposit became non-refundable.
Does anybody have anything on their lucid account stating confirmation happened late October or early November?

So I was just checking my order on the Lucid Web site.....I confirmed/finalized my design November 1st and received confirmation via e mail of this from Lucid.
A HQ service advisor emailed the following day, stating a DA will soon contact me. That has not happened, but I think I am a tad away from delivery anyway being metal roof and standard stereo, and also far away from any studio. (Equidistant for Denver and Chicago)
My question is there is nothing on my Lucid reservation page reflecting that Nov. 1 confirmation. The last thing they have is an August 12 date when I recall the deposit became non-refundable.
Does anybody have anything on their lucid account stating confirmation happened late October or early November?
Yes. After I finalized my order I printed a copy of it for my records. This printed confirmation is also the form that displays when I click on the "view order" link on my account.

I suspect this is consistent for everyone that has finalized their order recently.

I haven’t finalized mine because I want to actually see the 20s in person so I can make an informed decision as to whether to go with the 20s or 21s. I’m waiting to visit the Beverly Hills studio next week where a Touring with the 20s will be on display.
The Torrance center has a vehicle with the 20s. Visited last week. They look fine to me, just not as aggressive as the 21“ that come with the performance GT. The plastic covers are removable.

Did you log in to see if you can finalize your design? A number of folks could finalize before receiving email invitation.

Yes. After I finalized my order I printed a copy of it for my records. This printed confirmation is also the form that displays when I click on the "view order" link on my account.

I suspect this is consistent for everyone that has finalized their order recently.
So DTA, on that printed confirmation, what date is on it? I have a 4 page confirmation/contract, but it shows my August 12 date, not my November 1.
I probably am over thinking it, but nothing shows that Nov 1 confirmation other than the e mail, which is probably good enough.

There are still metal roof Tourings on order that can’t be finalized yet. Right?

I think Lucid is intentionally showing the August date as the "order confirmed" date for everyone that chose to move to non-refundable back then in case this can be used to claim the $7500 tax credit.

Without further debating the "legally binding contract..." meaning in this thread, the original language of the bill did say that customers who ordered before Aug 16th but received their vehicles after would still qualify for the credit, so if Lucid ended up showing October/November on your order confirmation, then that could end up being considered as evidence that you did not actually order before Aug. 16th.

Isn't the outside of the GT and Touring exactly the same? If you are able to see a GT with 20's sooner at a studio or service center that should give you the same idea.

There are still metal roof Tourings on order that can’t be finalized yet. Right?
You can finalize your order with the metal roof now, just that it won't start production until next year. But there are probably some folks that are still waiting to officially see a metal roof version in person before finalizing.

Isn't the outside of the GT and Touring exactly the same? If you are able to see a GT with 20's sooner at a studio or service center that should give you the same idea.

GTs with 20s just started being delivered. I’ve yet to actually see one. Someone did say there is one in Torrance so I could possibly go there but I’m in no hurry.

The only exterior difference is the Touring mirrors are same color as the car.

Back