Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

By the way, I've had an x6 with run flats since 2014, 70k miles and two tire replacements -never had a breakage, how fast or where do you drive??? 😁
60 - 70, but its the potholes and uneven joints of highway to overpass. I always seemed to find the worst ones on my commutes through and around Baltimore city (BW Parkway in particular). I have 19" on remaining 2 BMW = no problems

Yup Baltimore city will do that. I've worked there a bit

If you don't mind, how much did that cost including the charger
Charger itself was $800 from Amazon.. installation took another $800... So total.. $ 1600.. but I love the charger and the whole setup... There are other chargers on the market for around $400 or so but I found they didn't have as many features so splurged a bit more on Chargepoint Charger..

Charger itself was $800 from Amazon.. installation took another $800... So total.. $ 1600.. but I love the charger and the whole setup... There are other chargers on the market for around $400 or so but I found they didn't have as many features so splurged a bit more on Chargepoint Charger..
Besides cost, is there a reason you didn't go with the lucid charger?

Besides cost, is there a reason you didn't go with the lucid charger?
Yes.. I actually bought the Lucid charger for $1200.. and then returned it...

Two main reasons... First, The Lucid charger can charge up to almost 100Amps...which while fast is not necessary given that I'll usually plug my car in around 7pm and need it ready by 7am.. so 12hrs is plenty of time... And faster charging is detrimental to batteries over the longer term..it doesn't matter if the car is ready at 3am or 6am cos I'm asleep then...so charging the car at 48Amps is just fine for me...

Second, Wifi connectivity is a huge issue with the Lucid charger..you need to set it up with a 192.2.x.x IP which means you need to disconnect all your other devices at home to set it up and then reset your router etc etc...Chargepoint Charger connected in 10 seconds... Also saved the $400 which was nice..

Hope this helps... I spent a lot of time on chargers so happy to answer more questions..

And faster charging is detrimental to batteries over the longer term..
This is not true; all AC L2 charging is going to affect the battery the same way. Doesn’t matter whether you’re charging at 48A or 80A. The “fast charging” that degrades the battery more is the higher voltage DC fast charging you’ll find at Electrify America, EVGo, etc.

Second, Wifi connectivity is a huge issue with the Lucid charger..you need to set it up with a 192.2.x.x IP which means you need to disconnect all your other devices at home to set it up and then reset your router etc etc...
This was fixed quickly in a firmware update, just fyi. This is no longer the case.

The rest of your points made perfect sense, of course, for you - just wanted to clarify some misinformation. :)

This is not true; all AC L2 charging is going to affect the battery the same way. Doesn’t matter whether you’re charging at 48A or 80A. The “fast charging” that degrades the battery more is the higher voltage DC fast charging you’ll find at Electrify America, EVGo, etc.

This was fixed quickly in a firmware update, just fyi. This is no longer the case.

The rest of your points made perfect sense, of course, for you - just wanted to clarify some misinformation. :)
This is great.. thanks for the feedback.. there's two things, at a micro-level, higher amps (Current) getting pushed into a lithium battery faster (Time) will be more degrading (More heat etc.) but spread over many batteries in the car's battery pack, I agree it may not be as significant an overall observable effect.. but the relationship between faster charge rates and higher amps degrading storage for lithium batteries is well established... Even for our cellphones this is true.. so there's the classic engineering tradeoff..

Didn't realize that the wifi issue was fixed as I stopped tracking it.. but good to know Lucid is on it...

Joe - update on my order. I took a glass roof Touring to accelerate my delivery (and save $3,500). Expecting to get the car on March 4th.

Variant Touring
Drivetrain Dual Motor, All-Wheel Drive
Color Stellar White
Look Platinum
Roof Glass Canopy $4,000
Wheels 20” Aero Lite
Interior Santa Cruz
Feature Surreal Sound Pro $2,900
Feature DreamDrive

Have not seen mine posted yet.
Lucid air Touring: reserved 11/15/21, ordered 8/10/22. VIN assigned 1/15/22
White, Glass roof, 19" wheels, not pro sound, no dream drive
Tucker

Took my Touring delivery Saturday, took a 320 mile round trip on Sunday. Only delivery issue was that it seems a DA and purchasing couple were setting up the wrong car (mine) and realized it part way through, leaving some of their data on the owner profile and taking my NFC card; my DA reset the profile but the NFC has going MIA. Only post delivery item is that one of the windshield wipers is bad, not wiping in its center section (or I have a deformed windshield!). Biggest issue on charging was that the first EA site I picked in a town not familiar to me was hidden away in a mall parking garage. Remains hidden, I gave up and headed for in in the next town, with which I was more familiar. Plugged in to the charger, authenticated through the mobile app, charged up in ~25 minutes during which I did some quick shopping and took a restroom break.
Rain sensing on the wipers worked. HA and ACC worked, although HA and I are still learning how to work well together on some sharper turns on wet dark roads where some lane markings are unclear. Tires were inflated properly. HVAC worked fine. Automatic locking and unlocking with either mobile key or fob worked just as expected, unlocking just as I approach the driver door. Software release was at .55.
TL;DR: took delivery of a wonderful car, no issues encountered then or on subsequent road trip. I hope all the apprehensive almost-owners take that as a good sign and look forward to enjoying their car when it comes.

Took my Touring delivery Saturday, took a 320 mile round trip on Sunday. Only delivery issue was that it seems a DA and purchasing couple were setting up the wrong car (mine) and realized it part way through, leaving some of their data on the owner profile and taking my NFC card; my DA reset the profile but the NFC has going MIA. Only post delivery item is that one of the windshield wipers is bad, not wiping in its center section (or I have a deformed windshield!). Biggest issue on charging was that the first EA site I picked in a town not familiar to me was hidden away in a mall parking garage. Remains hidden, I gave up and headed for in in the next town, with which I was more familiar. Plugged in to the charger, authenticated through the mobile app, charged up in ~25 minutes during which I did some quick shopping and took a restroom break.
Rain sensing on the wipers worked. HA and ACC worked, although HA and I are still learning how to work well together on some sharper turns on wet dark roads where some lane markings are unclear. Tires were inflated properly. HVAC worked fine. Automatic locking and unlocking with either mobile key or fob worked just as expected, unlocking just as I approach the driver door. Software release was at .55.
TL;DR: took delivery of a wonderful car, no issues encountered then or on subsequent road trip. I hope all the apprehensive almost-owners take that as a good sign and look forward to enjoying their car when it comes.
Congrats. And let's see some pics when you get a chance.

Hello all - appreciating the commentary on chargers.
This is my first EV and I am excited.
Do EV chargers plug into the standard outlets in homes/garages?

I don't believe they do but wanted to double check.
If they don't, what would I need to do to get it working? I saw something about hardwiring into circuit breaker but I don't know how to that.
What things do I need to buy? I saw something about QMerit but I don't know who/what they do? I'm a not at all handy young woman for reference.

Edit: I'm in seattle so if anyone has recommendations on who to contact in the area, that would be most appreciated

Last edited:
Hello all - appreciating the commentary on chargers.
This is my first EV and I am excited.
Do EV chargers plug into the standard outlets in homes/garages?

I don't believe they do but wanted to double check.
If they don't, what would I need to do to get it working? I saw something about hardwiring into circuit breaker but I don't know how to that.
What things do I need to buy? I saw something about QMerit but I don't know who/what they do? I'm a not at all handy young woman for reference.

Edit: I'm in seattle so if anyone has recommendations on who to contact in the area, that would be most appreciated
Yes, al The charging units can plug into regular outlets, either a 110 or 220v. For the Lucid, I would recommend a 220v. If you have an electric dryer outlet in the garage, that is the best one to use. You can also have the units hard-wired into a circuit, usually 50 amps. The current you pull will be 80% of the circuit rating. For example, if you have a 50 amp circuit, you can pull 40 amps to charge the car. If you have other questions, I am happy to help.

Yes, al The charging units can plug into regular outlets, either a 110 or 220v. For the Lucid, I would recommend a 220v. If you have an electric dryer outlet in the garage, that is the best one to use. You can also have the units hard-wired into a circuit, usually 50 amps. The current you pull will be 80% of the circuit rating. For example, if you have a 50 amp circuit, you can pull 40 amps to charge the car. If you have other questions, I am happy to help.
Thank you! I looked it up and it seems I have 110v (only) in the garage. My W/D is in my laundry room so can't use that outlet. Is there anything to be concerned about using the 110v?
That is, if I purchase the lucid home charger and plug it into my garage outlets, am I good to go or do I need to do anything else?

Thank you! I looked it up and it seems I have 110v (only) in the garage. My W/D is in my laundry room so can't use that outlet. Is there anything to be concerned about using the 110v?
That is, if I purchase the lucid home charger and plug it into my garage outlets, am I good to go or do I need to do anything else?
It (110j is just VERY slow. You will have it plugged in 24-7. If you drive a lot, it might not replenish fast enough.

if you purchase a Lucid home charger, it can pull 80 amps which is fast. if your panel can support a 100 amp circuit, I would have an electrician hardwire the unit so you can get the full 80 amps. If you are not running it at 80 amps, then I would just have a 220v plug and a 50 amp circuit for a third party charging unit. It would be a cheaper way to go.

The 110 outlet, if a 15 amp circuit will only pull 12 amps which is about 1.3 kW per hour. To go from empty to full, it would take 3-4 days to fill up the Lucid Touring or Pure, longer for a GT.

My circuit breaker says 200 Max so I think that means I would be able to hardwire.
If you have empty slots left. Even if you don’t, electrician is table to merge slots with compound breakers to render more slots.

Your car looks great and is very encouraging 😀. I was at the private event in Tysons Corner VA yesterday and was able to see different car combinations side by side. I hated my configuration of grey, and the 19" rims looked really bad, compared to the 20" and 21". The silver color. Which is really a light shade of grey also stood out. "Unfortunately" my car is already built in CA and will soon be on its way to Chicago for inspection so no more changes.
This photo is really encouraging so I guess the bad weather had an effect yesterday. I opted for 19"s because of various posts about blowouts, I'm wondering if the 20s also have that problem. Btw does yours have the wheel caps for improved range over them? Attaching some pictures I took
Nice comparison. These are silver and Grey?

The status for my AT moved to "preparing for delivery". My DA did not ask for a signed PO yet. Maybe that is next.

Back