Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I didn't look to hard for them, they had more "in the service garage" The ones parked on the surface lot were mostly GT's, or a handful of tourings with SC interiors (silver, gray, black exteriors mostly etc.)

Yes my dashboard updated to prep for delivery basically as soon as they cut the PA from the transactions team. Not sure if it's coincidental or not.

Pure guess: The cars need a full detail (the arrive dirty), Probably several software updates, inspection, and final configuration for delivery. Given how manual Lucid processes are now i would not be surprised if there were several manual step to register the vehicle and make sure it can communicate to cloud services.

Thanks ! looks like the dashboard is bit random as I got PA on Friday but car still shows in production. was told it should ship out soon, let’s see ☺️

ReservationFinalizedVINUserColorInteriorStealthRoofWheelsSurreal Sound ProDream Drive ProState/Province
Aug 14, 2022Nov 24, 2022Dec 19, 2022@nash_d Zenith RedSanta CruzGlass19"YesYesCA

I was originally informed that my Air Touring would be ready in January, when I confirmed my order late Nov 2022 (was invited to finalize Nov 2, 2022 but was agonizing over firstly DDP vs DD and then the whole tax credit situation). However, my SA was able to grab a cancelled order (literally day before yesterday) with the exact config to be able to get me delivery potentially before EOY. As a result, got a VIN a couple days ago. Dashboard had updated from Preparing for Production to In Production a day after it went live a week or so ago. Was otherwise planning to switch to Quantum Gray or Cosmos Silver if this cancellation hadn't happened. Received PA earlier today evening and option to pay. In coordination with Parsons FCU to get the funds transferred in the next few days hopefully. Hoping to get the vehicle in hand by 12/31!

Changed my order to secure EOY delivery. QG Tahoe fully loaded. Moved to 20 inch tires Vin assigned and delivery likely next Thursday or Friday

Any experience purchasing winter tires from Costco? Looks like they have them, my location does not have in stock but I can wait a couple of weeks

Finally received email with PA Doc's on 20 Dec 22 for my Lucid Touring. Reviewed and signed via Docusign. Lucid Touring, fully loaded. VIN assigned 9 Dec 22, Dashboard still shows "In Production" Hopefully shipping soon to Millbrae CA service centre for delivery by EOY.🙏

Is the tracker being updated? I know there's a lot of noise on this thread so it makes it difficult to find actual updates for the admin. Maybe break apart a new thread "Touring, Purchase, Delivery and Registration General Discussion" and let this one live as only tracker updates?

Is the tracker being updated? I know there's a lot of noise on this thread so it makes it difficult to find actual updates for the admin. Maybe break apart a new thread "Touring, Purchase, Delivery and Registration General Discussion" and let this one live as only tracker updates?
Just added new folks and info yesterday. So yes, it is being updated.

But it would help if folks kept the discussion and non-relevant updates in a separate thread.

But it would help if folks kept the discussion and non-relevant updates in a separate thread.

Delivered 12/16/22 . my reservation date shows when I upgraded to touring. My original reservation was March 7th. Not sure what date you want on there.

Screen Shot 2022-12-21 at 8.51.32 AM.png

Thanks ! looks like the dashboard is bit random as I got PA on Friday but car still shows in production. was told it should ship out soon, let’s see ☺️
If we stay logged in to the dashboard and do a refresh does it show the update or do we have to logoff and logon to see the update in status?

Delivered 12/16/22 . my reservation date shows when I upgraded to touring. My original reservation was March 7th. Not sure what date you want on there.

View attachment 7847
How was delivery experience in Dallas? Can you share highlights? Did you take care of TTL paperwork and fees during delivery or before delivery?

How was delivery experience in Dallas? Can you share highlights? Did you take care of TTL paperwork and fees during delivery or before delivery?
Interesting. I'm in TX as well and I asked my DA (#2) awhile back to send me final pricing information so I could get my ducks in a row. What he sent me was titled Purchase Agreement Final Pricing Sheet (don't believe this is the actual online PA just the pricing info that would come with it). That Pricing Sheet included the Base Price, along with Sales Tax, Documentation Fee, Out of State Processing Fee, and Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees, minus my $1000 deposit to get a total Amount Due From Buyer. Therefore when I someday am requested to Initiate Payment on my Dashboard I was assuming I would be paying for everything. Have the other TX owners had to pay for other fees, etc. during delivery?

PA does not include Sales Tax (listed $0). It does include Documentation Fee of $75 and Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees of $15. Out of State Processing Fee is listed as N/A.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'm in TX as well and I asked my DA (#2) awhile back to send me final pricing information so I could get my ducks in a row. What he sent me was titled Purchase Agreement Final Pricing Sheet (don't believe this is the actual online PA just the pricing info that would come with it). That Pricing Sheet included the Base Price, along with Sales Tax, Documentation Fee, Out of State Processing Fee, and Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees, minus my $1000 deposit to get a total Amount Due From Buyer. Therefore when I someday am requested to Initiate Payment on my Dashboard I was assuming I would be paying for everything. Have the other TX owners had to pay for other fees, etc. during delivery?
MY PA did not include sales tax for Texas. I was assuming, I will pay for it at local tax office when I am getting the number plate.

I do see Doc Fee, Registration.Transf/Title fee, Gov Charges.

Any experience purchasing winter tires from Costco? Looks like they have them, my location does not have in stock but I can wait a couple of weeks
Can you share the tires they sell? Also are you getting 20”s? I’m in NY I definitely need to swap those 20”s out.

NJ does not charge state sales tax on Electric Vehicles. It looks like Texas may have the same incentive.

MY PA did not include sales tax for Texas. I was assuming, I will pay for it at local tax office when I am getting the number plate.

Again what I received was a PA Final Pricing Sheet so I could finalize my total cost. It included 6.25% Sales Tax which is what TX charges. I could be wrong, but I was thinking when I get invited to pay I would pay that total amount. Do TX residents pay AZ sales tax, plus a transfer fee, plus TX Sales Tax? Boy those TX oil barons really have it out for us...

Back