Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Just another data point to add confusion, I signed my PA last week, but my DA told me today that the car is still in production. I've had a VIN for almost two weeks now. He has several clients in the same boat and is trying to get the factory to push out cars with signed PA's. He can't tell where the cars are in the production process. He also confessed that he hasn't received training on the "new" online client dashboard and doesn't know what triggers the changes from "in production" to "preparing for delivery", nor does he know what triggers PA's to be sent out or the payment tab to become activated. It's pretty frustrating for all involved. I used to be fairly confident of an EOY delivery, but now I won't be surprised if it's pushed into January, especially after hearing about others' experiences with delays.
I received my PA yesterday and it’s signed now, but my car is still in Costa Mesa. I asked my DA to expedite the PA process and recommend anyone interested in EOY delivery for a fully-loaded AT do the same.

I received my PA yesterday and it’s signed now, but my car is still in Costa Mesa. I asked my DA to expedite the PA process and recommend anyone interested in EOY delivery for a fully-loaded AT do the same.
What is there to do to expedite the PA process after you signed it? I received confirmation of PA from docusign, The final shows my signature and Zak Edson, VP sales and service. Yesterday, My DA said a couple days to complete production.

What is there to do to expedite the PA process after you signed it? I received confirmation of PA from docusign, The final shows my signature and Zak Edson, VP sales and service. Yesterday, My DA said a couple days to complete production.
The discussion was about receiving the PA. I suggest expediting that.

After the PA is funding, so I’d also recommend making sure that’s well in order beforehand, and making payments ASAP.

I was excited to get my VIN two weeks ago expecting the car before EOY but now I'm resigned to the fact that Lucid doesn't seem to be pumping the cars out as fast as they generate VIN and PA. So as a stock holder and Touring client - I'm not a happy camper.

All good…car arrived in Rocklin overnight and delivery set for next Wednesday. :)
Is that delivery date your preference, or will it take them that long to get it ready for you? I was hoping to have mine by the 27th from Rocklin, but the car hasn't shipped yet.

I received and signed the PA on Sunday but still nothing after.
Everyday passing now without news of mass deliveries make it more unrealistic for EOY delivery.
I am one of the people that were contacted by Lucid to add DDPro for before EOY delivery and I haven’t received my car by then I would be removing some options as agreed with LUCID during the upgrade process. So more losses if they don’t deliver. I really need a car soon and may opt to get a tesla model Y with the $7500 tax incentive in 2023.

Don't panic -between VIN and delivery was about a week for me - I've heard 2 days for others. Depends on where the car is. When my VIN was assigned the car was in AZ awaiting transport. They shipped it by rail to Houston (closest service center) and then shipped via enclosed trailer to my house.
I spoke to the DA today - he said that EOY delivery is very unlikely (received VIN on 12/19). I've asked to see if I can drop the glass roof and SSP options as I only added them to get EOY delivery.

Lucid Air Touring​

August 11, 2022
Infinite Black, Tahoe Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain, DDP

Is that delivery date your preference, or will it take them that long to get it ready for you? I was hoping to have mine by the 27th from Rocklin, but the car hasn't shipped yet.
I was told that it would probably be ready by this Friday but we’ll be away for the weekend. I picked next Wednesday partially because I didn’t want them doing final prep the first day after the holiday.

My Touring is at Goose Island and is scheduled to be home delivered to us in Charlotte next week! 😎
PA signed and paid for today.
Its been a long time coming, but we’re excited now. 👌🏻👍🏻👌🏻
No DD Pro on yours, right? Please post your experiences with vanilla DreamDrive!

Agree wholeheartedly to keep track of the funding. Was hoping for delivery tomorrow or thursday at latest. DA told me today that the business group acted slowly to coordinate payment from my Lender (USAA) who requires something called a Dealer Funding Request (DFR). Anyway - their inaction has delayed delivery at least til Thursday. If they can’t expedite, I wont be picking up my car until the 27th or 28th…..unless something else happens. My DA was emphatic about the business office dropping the ball. Another case of process issues failing the demands of the production surge.

My friend @PatrickZWang , Any updates on your order??
Just signed the PA and delivery is scheduled for Monday Dec 26. (Car already at service center, but needs time to be prepped and they are backed up in general)

I was at the Millbrae Studio/Service center dropping off some wheels to be mounted for delivery and they are filled to the brim with Air's. Still looks like more GT's than Tourings, but i did see a few tourings in the storage lot and in the shop.

Your current insurance. Your new car is automatically covered by your current insurance (depending on state, for 7 to 30 days). This coverage is automatic and can't be denied. My current insurance company sent the policy to underwriting due to the cost of the car and they said that even if coverage is denied for the new car, I am still covered for the grace period.
I have a good local agent if you get into a bind.

Just signed the PA and delivery is scheduled for Monday Dec 26. (Car already at service center, but needs time to be prepped and they are backed up in general)

I was at the Millbrae Studio/Service center dropping off some wheels to be mounted for delivery and they are filled to the brim with Air's. Still looks like more GT's than Tourings, but i did see a few tourings in the storage lot and in the shop.
Hi Patrick!

Thanks for the update and congratulations on getting a pick up date! Did you see a few ZR/Tahoe ATs at the Milbrae service center ? Also did your dashboard change to “prep for delivery” after they scheduled you for pick up ? Any idea what do they do for so many days in the service center to prep a fully built vehicle?

Hi Patrick!

Thanks for the update and congratulations on getting a pick up date! Did you see a few ZR/Tahoe ATs at the Milbrae service center ? Also did your dashboard change to “prep for delivery” after they scheduled you for pick up ? Any idea what do they do for so many days in the service center to prep a fully built vehicle?
I didn't look to hard for them, they had more "in the service garage" The ones parked on the surface lot were mostly GT's, or a handful of tourings with SC interiors (silver, gray, black exteriors mostly etc.)

Yes my dashboard updated to prep for delivery basically as soon as they cut the PA from the transactions team. Not sure if it's coincidental or not.

Pure guess: The cars need a full detail (the arrive dirty), Probably several software updates, inspection, and final configuration for delivery. Given how manual Lucid processes are now i would not be surprised if there were several manual step to register the vehicle and make sure it can communicate to cloud services.

Back