Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Car delivered to wrap shop in Scottsdale 8AM and turned over to them at 9AM after inspection/walk-thru. Everything is working great, no scratches or any big gaps on the outside. Air conditioning working great while in the Arizona sun. Will be doing full XPEL Ultimate Plus gloss wrap, ceramic coating and 20% windows and rear window tint. Everything should be done by Friday.

It would go a long way to making reservation holders even angrier, maybe. Or worse, it might get tons of people wanting to switch their color, only to push back other colors even further in the delivery schedule.
i definitely agree, but also think that whether something like this works or not is heavily dependent on how the manufacturing line is run. moving orders from one part of the scheduled timeline to another isn't always a 1 for 1 trade. depending on the line's efficiency at the time of switching, it may save time or waste time. but yah, good point. knowing how lucid is right now, i can't imagine them getting it right...
And what happens when a week before you're supposed to start Red, your paint supplier suddenly tells you they can't deliver for another month? Ooops. Guess we have to tell the red people they are going to have to wait until after we do another batch of Grey. I could just see the threads in this forum for that.

Sometimes with customer expectations, less information really is better. Particularly when things you don't completely control are constantly shifting.
in a way, i agree, but i still think theres value in being transparent and showing a bit of humility and honesty. it's a relatively easy thing to do that generates a lot of goodwill and understanding from customers. if they don't want to give deadline/promises, a simple message of "sorry for the delay. we are currently working on color X batch, and aren't sure when your color Y will start" might satisfy the majority of people.

maybe it's just the nature of my current work environment talking though. i constantly have to give just enough information to satisfy their curiosity without generating their interest in more details. it's definitely a hard act to balance, and varies wildly depending on the target audience.

Picture courtesy of @Pwmac from this morning. We did a quick flyover this morning to look for his car. I believe that we may have found it.

It does not look like any cars shipped out over the weekend since the Bear's photos. Also not many employees working on a Sunday morning. The employee lot was fairly empty.

View attachment 3830
Thank you for taking me up yesterday @Adnillien! I just received an email my car left the factory today so it seems like it was one of the wrapped cars.

i definitely agree, but also think that whether something like this works or not is heavily dependent on how the manufacturing line is run. moving orders from one part of the scheduled timeline to another isn't always a 1 for 1 trade. depending on the line's efficiency at the time of switching, it may save time or waste time. but yah, good point. knowing how lucid is right now, i can't imagine them getting it right...

in a way, i agree, but i still think theres value in being transparent and showing a bit of humility and honesty. it's a relatively easy thing to do that generates a lot of goodwill and understanding from customers. if they don't want to give deadline/promises, a simple message of "sorry for the delay. we are currently working on color X batch, and aren't sure when your color Y will start" might satisfy the majority of people.

maybe it's just the nature of my current work environment talking though. i constantly have to give just enough information to satisfy their curiosity without generating their interest in more details. it's definitely a hard act to balance, and varies wildly depending on the target audience.
I definitely don't envy the people in customer relations, that's for sure. Maybe there is a way to be communicative without being too specific, true. That message a while back from Zak Edson, I had hoped, was the start of a new trend of being just a bit more open about issues, with an apology for delays, etc. But that seems like maybe just a one-off?

Deposit Dt applies only for the call to put in a reservation/confirmation.
Reservation/Confirmation Dt takes over after that.
If you reserved in March, folks are getting their VINs around this period of time. (There was work stoppage, cars produced based on color, etc.).
VINs have been assigned as early as stamping and cars are still delayed to supply chain.
Bears video is good 'metric' of the cars being produced; and members reporting here about VIN assignments, shipment, etc ..

If you see folks getting a VIN earlier than you, it could be they were open to changing their options (color, wheel size, pick up location, etc.) and a cancellation occurs.
And no, there is no logic, to who gets a call if & when a cancellation happens & who gets called. We have speculated, among many things, location could be a factor. Again, IDK for certain.

G'luck.

That's pretty much my point. People that put down their deposit just last fall already have received VINS and actual delivery's. I didn't receive the email to convert my reservation to a firm order until March 24th...over a year and a half since after I put down my deposit. How come some people are converting reservations to confirmed orders in 3-4 months yet I had to wait >18 months? That's my question and concern.

Example:

Timeline​

✅ Reservation made: 2021-11-27 (day 0)
✅ Order confirmed: 2022-03-01 (day 94)
✅ VIN assigned: 2022-06-09 (day 194)
✅ Assembly complete: 2022-06-21 (day 206)
⚠️ Inspection delay
✅ Shipment:
2022-07-20 (day 235)
💤 Local Arrival 🦢🏝️:
💤 Pick up:

That's pretty much my point. People that put down their deposit just last fall already have received VINS and actual delivery's. I didn't receive the email to convert my reservation to a firm order until March 24th...over a year and a half since after I put down my deposit. How come some people are converting reservations to confirmed orders in 3-4 months yet I had to wait >18 months? That's my question and concern.

Example:

Timeline​

⚠️ Inspection delay
✅ Shipment: 2022-07-20 (day 235)
💤 Local Arrival 🦢🏝️:
💤 Pick up:
Take a look at Quantum Grey reservations and you will see that because of harmonization problems no VINS were issued for that color until Apr this year.

Last edited:

Example:

Timeline​

⚠️ Inspection delay
✅ Shipment: 2022-07-20 (day 235)
💤 Local Arrival 🦢🏝️:
💤 Pick up:
I dont think any of the members here can give you a solid answer, except speculate/guess/etc ... And all of them will tunnel into supply chain issues - in some fashion. Color. Location. Parts. Etc ....

Lucid will be the best source for that answer.

@Capt1derlich i put down my deposit in May 2021. They asked me to confirm end of April. I have not received my VIN at all yet.

No... it is not grey... it is white.

@Capt1derlich i put down my deposit in May 2021. They asked me to confirm end of April. I have not received my VIN at all yet.

Could be because of your signature line: being from Canada?

Likely

maybe it's just the nature of my current work environment talking though. i constantly have to give just enough information to satisfy their curiosity without generating their interest in more details. it's definitely a hard act to balance, and varies wildly depending on the target

I confirmed a month before you on March 28 - no VIN for me yet either, also a white car. I did change my config from 20" to 19" wheels on June 14 though. Maybe that's why.

My DA is definitely smoking something. Says " I am not seeing any delays on my end regarding Zenith Red. I had a customer take delivery in Scottsdale for a Zenith Red last week". He also side-stepped the question about folks receiving the email saying their car is 'queued for production' or something along those lines. Says we use that term 'queued for production' for when you confirmed your car and that it just means it's not entered general assembly yet. WTF lol

If
thanks. so since I reserved in May 28, 2021, confirmed it April 30th 2022, so it should be in the next couple of months for me? you think? thanks.
it wants anything, I confirmed March and should be getting mine within a couple of weeks as long as they find a truck to deliver it

My DA is definitely smoking something. Says " I am not seeing any delays on my end regarding Zenith Red. I had a customer take delivery in Scottsdale for a Zenith Red last week". He also side-stepped the question about folks receiving the email saying their car is 'queued for production' or something along those lines. Says we use that term 'queued for production' for when you confirmed your car and that it just means it's not entered general assembly yet. WTF lol
I am 9 weeks post VIN on my zenith red that I confirmed in December. Haven’t heard a thing . I just made an inquiry this weekend , so if I learn anything , I will update.

Will be doing full XPEL Ultimate Plus gloss wrap, ceramic coating and 20% windows and rear window tint. Everything should be done by Friday.
are you doing that through lucid? When do you have to make the request? How much is it? I did ceramic on my 911TTS and I love it.

Completed Luci's adoption papers tonight and transferred the small amount of cash, just need a clean bill of health now and the nest may not be empty much longer. My DA did call late this afternoon to inform me Luci was at the Service Center, but then said, "I guess you already know that". Seems the kind service center folks told the DA about my stalking. 😃

are you doing that through lucid? When do you have to make the request? How much is it? I did ceramic on my 911TTS and I love it.
Not doing the wrap thru Lucid but Lucid delivered straight to Supreme Wraps in Scottsdale and that's also where I did my walkthrough

Back