Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Maybe spreadsheet transaction status column has clerical error said “PAID” and cascaded down granting user access to his app, or he is a ex-NSA hacker. 😂
I believe it is a bug in the app, I can only see that data upon first login, and if I do anything such as simply minimizing the app and then bring it back to the top I am presented with the Welcome page. Note I am using Android. To get the latest I just signoff and then login again. As stated the updates are very periodic and I can't seem to force an update so it's not at all real-time. But kinda fun regardless. It should be noted I never hit any remote access button.

I believe it is a bug in the app, I can only see that data upon first login, and if I do anything such as simply minimizing the app and then bring it back to the top I am presented with the Welcome page. Note I am using Android. To get the latest I just signoff and then login again. As stated the updates are very periodic and I can't seem to force an update so it's not at all real-time. But kinda fun regardless. It should be noted I never hit any remote access button.
Just messing with you. It’s just one of the standard in Lucid software development office. 🤣

They have to run out of Black and White (and the mix to make grey?) paint at some point, and move on to Red once again. Right?

I finish my Drs appointment early and figure, lets see if my location has updated, and to my surprise the car is sitting at the Service Center 3 blocks away.
Screenshot_20220729-144355_Lucid.jpg

Now how can you resist not going and having a look, one must have their priorities right. Well you got to save the best one (my VIN) for last.
20220729_150951.jpg

Now its time to get really excited.
20220729_151617.jpg
20220729_152014.jpg
20220729_152250.jpg

Lots of cars arriving today at the Torrance Service Center, and two of them Greys.
20220729_150924.jpg

A BIG shout out to the wonderful folks at the Torrance Service Center, they are extremely polite and helpful. And if you are curious, I still have not heard from my DA.

I finish my Drs appointment early and figure, lets see if my location has updated, and to my surprise the car is sitting at the Service Center 3 blocks away.

A BIG shout out to the wonderful folks at the Torrance Service Center, they are extremely polite and helpful. And if you are curious, I still have not heard from my DA.

Awesome! Congrats! Thanks for sharing, it was entertaining to follow the saga of your Lucid movements, even the 180 degree turn in the parking lot!

Awesome! Congrats! Thanks for sharing, it was entertaining to follow the saga of your Lucid movements, even the 180 degree turn in the parking lot!
Surprised the car has filed a restraining order 😂

Thank you all for following Luci's journey. My next post here will likely be when we take final delivery. The car did pass my first look inspection, all the gaps looked very good. From a slow walk around I did not notice anything that needed attention. The PDI lead also commented she looked good to them as well. All Luci needs now is a clean bill of health from PDI, some adoption paperwork, and of course some small amount of cash changing hands, and we will get to take our new baby home, no longer an Empty Nest. Off to new forum threads we shall go. 😀

Thank you all for following Luci's journey. My next post here will likely be when we take final delivery. The car did pass my first look inspection, all the gaps looked very good. From a slow walk around I did not notice anything that needed attention. The PDI lead also commented she looked good to them as well. All Luci needs now is a clean bill of health from PDI, some adoption paperwork, and of course some small amount of cash changing hands, and we will get to take our new baby home, no longer an Empty Nest. Off to new forum threads we shall go. 😀
Some definite excitement in the Air!!

Got my VIN today.

17th Nov 2021 = Ready to Order Invite
2nd Jun 2022 = Order Placed (Cosmos Silver, Tahoe, 21")
6th Jul 2022 = VIN assigned (White, Tahoe,, 21")

Had let my DA know I was flexible on the colors & they called me last week about a canceled reservation & if I would be interested in a white exterior. I jumped on it and said yes.

Now, fingers x'ed, hope I get to pick it up by EOM.
Got an email my car has finally left the factory doors & is in the 'wild'. Elvis has finally left the building.

Hoping for delivery sometime next week.

For anyone interested, the last 4 digits of the VIN is 1975.

Got an email my car has finally left the factory doors & is in the 'wild'. Elvis has finally left the building.

oh wow, I wish I had thought of letting them know I was flexible with the options (especially considering the 21" tire issues now), that's a smart move

Might as well pass along an update while I'm here

Build​

Model: Air
Trim: Grand Touring
Color: White
Interior: Tahoe

Timeline​

✅ Reservation made: 2021-11-27 (day 0)
✅ Order confirmed: 2022-03-01 (day 94)
✅ VIN assigned: 2022-06-09 (day 194)
✅ Assembly complete: 2022-06-21 (day 206)
⚠️ Inspection delay
✅ Shipment:
2022-07-20 (day 235)
💤 Local Arrival 🦢🏝️:
💤 Pick up:

Might as well pass along an update while I'm here

Build​

Model: Air
Trim: Grand Touring
Color: White
Interior: Tahoe

Timeline​

✅ Reservation made: 2021-11-27 (day 0)
✅ Order confirmed: 2022-03-01 (day 94)
✅ VIN assigned: 2022-06-09 (day 194)
✅ Assembly complete: 2022-06-21 (day 206)
⚠️ Inspection delay
✅ Shipment:
2022-07-20 (day 235)
💤 Local Arrival 🦢🏝️:
💤 Pick up:
That is actually quite fast from reservation to pick up.
Many thought I had fast pick up. From 10/1/21 reservation to 4/13/22 pick up, it was 195 days.
But consider with hiccups in AMP-1 from May to July for wirkers strike, fastener recall, PDI-revamp, facility fire, +/-240 days is amazing .

That is actually quite fast from reservation to pick up.
Agreed! Plus Emane (my DA) has been awesome to work with. Proactive when it's needed and responsive when I have reached out. I would expect to have some complaints considering the timeline . . . but tbh I have none.

trying not to count my chickens before they hatch, but barring anything unexpected it'll hopefully be in Goose Island within the next few days. And I live only a few blocks away so this will be me on Monday morning:

Attachments

• 1659181599520.png
    1659181599520.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 66

I received a VIN on 7/18 that is 3500+ over that. I was also told mine left the factory and headed to Goose Island for PDI. Could deliveries be that far behind production?

I received a VIN on 7/18 that is 3500+ over that. I was also told mine left the factory and headed to Goose Island for PDI. Could deliveries be that far behind production?
We have already determined that the VINs are not sequential.

Mine was a canceled order & it needs to come to SEA > PDX. They supposedly did not have enough buyers in the NW & hence the wait was longer than ... CA / Chicago / NY / etc ...
oh wow, I wish I had thought of letting them know I was flexible with the options (especially considering the 21" tire issues now), that's a smart move
Yeah ... I thought I would cast the net out & did not expect a reply. But eureka, they found one.

You could still log a call & ask. Never hurts to ask.

We have already determined that the VINs are not sequential.
True, but was 'told' the last 4 digits are the serial #s, but not indicative of when they enter into production (stamping, etc). And I used to think, VINs were assigned upon production start.

I guess build date, that will be stamped, will be a better metric.

AW, it does not matter. Gave up figuring out these things & burning up the last remaining brain cells.

Apparently there is no consistency in order priority?
I placed my $1000 deposit way back on September 9, 2020.
I wasn't invited to convert my reservation to an order until March 24th, 2022 (which I did immediately)
Still no VIN.
Maybe because I live in Kentucky...not a hotspot for electric vehicles. A little puzzling that the Lucid board decided to give out performance bonuses for reaching production milestones.

Back