Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Bears Flyover today @ 10AM

Lucid is cranking them out. But no car haulers!!!

The factory is HUGE! I hadn't watched the videos for a while now and seeing how fast its progressing is impressive. There at least seems to be some momentum going with the cars coming out of production also. They may or may not be moving from the bottom lot but the top lot seems to be remaining relatively full whilst cars are moving down to the bottom lot so hopefully its signs that they're starting to get a handle on the production teething issues.

I still question why there is priority on dumping huge wads of cash on making a factory that big with only 30,000+ reservations, an SUV that's not taking reservations or coming out until 2H 2024. Maybe i'm just suspicious but something seems off with the size of the factory vs. the interest in orders to make Lucid rapidly be expanding the factory like that and also breaking ground on the Saudi one. Maybe they have something in the works we don't know about.

The factory is HUGE! I hadn't watched the videos for a while now and seeing how fast its progressing is impressive. There at least seems to be some momentum going with the cars coming out of production also. They may or may not be moving from the bottom lot but the top lot seems to be remaining relatively full whilst cars are moving down to the bottom lot so hopefully its signs that they're starting to get a handle on the production teething issues.

I still question why there is priority on dumping huge wads of cash on making a factory that big with only 30,000+ reservations, an SUV that's not taking reservations or coming out until 2H 2024. Maybe i'm just suspicious but something seems off with the size of the factory vs. the interest in orders to make Lucid rapidly be expanding the factory like that and also breaking ground on the Saudi one. Maybe they have something in the works we don't know about.
Oh, I'm fairly certain they have things in the works we don't know about. Everything I've seen so far from them suggests to me they will be tight-lipped about unannounced products, like Apple.

The thing about the factory that gets me is where do they think they are going to get the people to staff such a large place? Are there that many potential auto workers living in Casa Grande? Are they going to be able to convince people to move to Arizona from elsewhere to work there?

Heck, I'd take Arizona weather over Michigan winters, for sure. But I know Tesla certainly had issues staffing up in Freemont back in the day.

I passed by Tesla Austin Gigafactory couple months ago from the side of freeway. I think Tesla Austin is bigger. BUT… after Lucid finished expansion, it will be even bigger than Tesla Austin Gigafactory.

• Wow
Reactions: DJL
130 wrapped undelivered cars

AF8A78AA-EBC3-462A-9934-4520DA978D99.jpeg

168 Unwrapped cars

51CDD870-E577-46C6-8CD3-071B3C56C34E.jpeg
44368EBD-D8B7-486E-ABF6-F6550CAA6231.jpeg

I just hope someone gets Lucid to answer a simple question during todays Earnings call. What is so hard about making a silver car?
Yeah, they've been working on harmonizing for so long on the silver, you'd think they'd be the Eagles by now.

That counting was very good meditative therapy.

I passed by Tesla Austin Gigafactory couple months ago from the side of freeway. I think Tesla Austin is bigger. BUT… after Lucid finished expansion, it will be even bigger than Tesla Austin Gigafactory.
Which makes no sense given Tesla's orders vs. Lucid's orders. Something is up.......

You build for the medium and long term rather than how things are at the moment or in the near future. If you wait to build until just before you need the capacity, then you have screwed the company and its shareholders.

Tesla was assembling cars in tents to increase manufacturing capacity to meet existing demand. That was a failure necessitated, in part, by financing gaps. Perhaps Lucid is building now to avoid a similar failure.

You build for the medium and long term rather than how things are at the moment or in the near future. If you wait to build until just before you need the capacity, then you have screwed the company and its shareholders.

Tesla was assembling cars in tents to increase manufacturing capacity to meet existing demand. That was a failure necessitated, in part, by financing gaps. Perhaps Lucid is building now to avoid a similar failure.
I get that they're planning for the future but the factories seem extremely excessive based on the numbers they've shared.

strange flurry of activity from my DA. I was told car left the factory to goose island for PDI. He called earlier this week to say I needed financing in place to get to the next step. I was concerned because commitments don't last more than 30-45 days. He still did not have an update on delivery. He had me apply through Lucid financing just to move process along as Lucid will not move the car unless you are ready. . Now I hear that the car is ready to leave PDI in one or two days. They will want payment in full but I do not have a sales agreement or anything other than a Vin number to present to my bank. I know there are growing pains but is this what you guys went through?

strange flurry of activity from my DA. I was told car left the factory to goose island for PDI. He called earlier this week to say I needed financing in place to get to the next step. I was concerned because commitments don't last more than 30-45 days. He still did not have an update on delivery. He had me apply through Lucid financing just to move process along as Lucid will not move the car unless you are ready. . Now I hear that the car is ready to leave PDI in one or two days. They will want payment in full but I do not have a sales agreement or anything other than a Vin number to present to my bank. I know there are growing pains but is this what you guys went through?
yeah...got screwed by that delay in car. Had much better rate locked in that just expired. I can't believe they're not willing to honor in the rate they gave me from their own financial service because they couldnt make my car fast enough like they claimed.

This doesn't sound right at all. Lucid asked me how much I was financing in order to put it into the sales agreement but I had the sales agreement sent to me before the financing was completed. BoA needed the sales agreement in order to issue the final approval on the loan. How can you pay in full when you don't have a sales agreement to actually pay off......

yeah...got screwed by that delay in car. Had much better rate locked in that just expired. I can't believe they're not willing to honor in the rate they gave me from their own financial service because they couldnt make my car fast enough like they claimed.
I may get screwed by having to use Lucid Financial because I have to pay before it ships and it could ship any day now. In earlier conversations where I said I might pay for it without financing, it seemed like they were not letting that be an option if you wanted the car to move in the process.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you took it upon yourself to apply early with Bank of America with just a VIN number and no vehicle in PDI.

That's a bit different than a DA asking someone to apply directly with their new inhouse financing.

Regardless, a sales order should be written up before any financing steps are taken.

You should have been given the Sales Agreement from Lucid to sign around the time the car was sent to the service center for pre-delivery inspection. That has the total price with taxes, registration, etc. I wasn't asked to make the final payment for the car until it had completed pre-delivery inspection. But, yeah, they don't seem to want to schedule delivery until you've paid off the car. I believe some owners may have paid Lucid with a certified check once the car was delivered.

Back