Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I got a black Tahoe 19”. Good color combo, be prepared to wash the exterior a lot!

poor @stratus confirmed in December and is still waiting for VIN (red GT)
Did get the VIN ( 8 weeks ago) , but not the vehicle.😉😉😉 . Still no word on when it may arrive.

I’ll probably receive the car in 2027.

well it works!!! Just got off the phone with my DA. Not exactly what I was hoping for but at least some clarity. Car started production last week, hope for VIN in a 2 weeks. Production done a month after that then 2-3 weeks for inspection. Expected delivery mid to end of September. That would be 6 months from conformation to delivery. The legend of this forums magical powers continues
That’s great. I would hold onto an ounce or 2 of skepticism . I am 8 weeks post VIN and not a peep. Perhaps I need to amp up the pester factor. Or perhaps I will get an email any day now. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

That’s great. I would hold onto an ounce or 2 of skepticism . I am 8 weeks post VIN and not a peep. Perhaps I need to amp up the pester factor. Or perhaps I will get an email any day now. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
Trust me I have several gallons of skepticism. 🤣 told the wife hope to have my car by October after that conversation

Did get the VIN ( 8 weeks ago) , but not the vehicle.😉😉😉 . Still no word on when it may arrive.

I’ll probably receive the car in 2027.
Oh right sorry you had told me that. A co-worker of mine was supposed to get her Tesla Model 3 long range in September. They called her and said it’s been delayed until March 2023, but offered her to upgrade to Model S for double the price 🤦‍♂️if she wanted to get a car sooner. Lucid seems to be doing pretty good in terms of wait time for delivery by comparison.

That’s crazy. I confirmed in March and still have no VIN even though they said I would by July.
I upgraded from red touring to black gt on May 27th and had 30 days to lock in so I confirmed on June 2nd. I think I either caught a wave of Black cars being made or someone else backed out. Two days after they say it could be five months, they call and say 2- 6 weeks. I also think they may be considering transport requirements. They may have deliveries scheduled for Long Island and are making sure to have enough to fill the carrier.

I upgraded from red touring to black gt on May 27th and had 30 days to lock in so I confirmed on June 2nd. I think I either caught a wave of Black cars being made or someone else backed out. Two days after they say it could be five months, they call and say 2- 6 weeks. I also think they may be considering transport requirements. They may have deliveries scheduled for Long Island and are making sure to have enough to fill the carrier.
The cancelation order can be picked up really fast in long queue. I often wonder when I got mine fast if it was a backed out order. When they offer that to you, take it without hesitation.

I got a cancellation last night, black/tahoe - not sure on delivery but I assume about two weeks, it is done with PDI and in Chicago - needs to come to NY area.

Anyone else feel super anxious after being 1000% confident you want the car, then get the call the car is ready, and then second-guess yourself?

I got a cancellation last night, black/tahoe - not sure on delivery but I assume about two weeks, it is done with PDI and in Chicago - needs to come to NY area.

Anyone else feel super anxious after being 1000% confident you want the car, then get the call the car is ready, and then second-guess yourself?
Nope! But maybe after my 5th service...

Every day.

I did, I had to go to service center first to walk around just to make sure it is real before delivery. Then I went to 2 banks, branch advisers had same remark, “Lucid Motor, never even heard of it. Are you sure you are not being scammed?” 🤔 🧐

Oh right sorry you had told me that. A co-worker of mine was supposed to get her Tesla Model 3 long range in September. They called her and said it’s been delayed until March 2023, but offered her to upgrade to Model S for double the price 🤦‍♂️if she wanted to get a car sooner. Lucid seems to be doing pretty good in terms of wait time for delivery by comparison.
Yes, it’s a tough environment .
If you were a good colleague , you would let her use your Lucid whenever she pleases.
Fostering a positive work environment is very important.😁😁😁

Anyone else feel super anxious after being 1000% confident you want the car, then get the call the car is ready, and then second-guess yourself? are you picking it up
Are you planning to pick it up at a service center? I am going through al of the same thought processes. I have Rivian R1S reserved at half the cost.

Anxious to hear your impressions once you’ve had the car for a few days. Congrats!

I got my VIN (canceled car I picked up) on Jul 3rd and have not heard anything about it leaving the factory. It was supposedly fresh out factory & ready for shipment/delivery/whatmaycalllit in a couple of days ... But zilch ...

As @E LUCID wrote, I think they are now bogged down by car hauler shortages. (FWIW, a friend of mine is getting his delivered tomorrow. I did request them to ship mine with his, but nada.). And I offered to pick the car from AZ/CA.

So .. I'm bummed, to say the least - almost to the point thinking the car & the VIN allocation was vaporware!!!.

Im in NYC!!

I went back to waiting, I want the grey, not the black. So I will continue to wait for exactly what I want. I want it now but I want it to be exactly what I want.

I went back to waiting, I want the grey, not the black. So I will continue to wait for exactly what I want. I want it now but I want it to be exactly what I want.
You should do whatever to make you happy.

Back