Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I went back to waiting, I want the grey, not the black. So I will continue to wait for exactly what I want. I want it now but I want it to be exactly what I want.
Hard as it may be to keep waiting, I'd do the same.

The only changes I'd accept to my preferred specs are grey exterior vs. white (because about 40% of the time, I want to switch to grey, anyway) and Tahoe instead of Santa Cruz. Though that later one I'd have to think about. I've always wanted a light interior. But the Tahoe is really quite nice.

I went back to waiting, I want the grey, not the black. So I will continue to wait for exactly what I want. I want it now but I want it to be exactly what I want.
You are right. I did the 'switch' and waiting .. guess I will revert if I don't hear from them in the next week. (Yeah, I don't know if I can revert or not either. We will see. They did email saying 'couple of days' for the past 20+ days.)

Hard as it may be to keep waiting, I'd do the same.

The only changes I'd accept to my preferred specs are grey exterior vs. white (because about 40% of the time, I want to switch to grey, anyway) and Tahoe instead of Santa Cruz. Though that later one I'd have to think about. I've always wanted a light interior. But the Tahoe is really quite nice.
I have the QG with Tahoe. I like it. It’s on the lighter side but still not like that tan color or black.

I have the QG with Tahoe. I like it. It’s on the lighter side but still not like that tan color or black.
Oh, @rbbarry you should offer to buy Sam's from him...just ask for a discount because of all the issues he is having.

Attachments

• 04BC9013-28C7-47E2-9C52-CAC0056EB3FE.png
    04BC9013-28C7-47E2-9C52-CAC0056EB3FE.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 135
so sorry to hear this. While i am excited that my car should be arriving within a month or so, I am terrified that I will have problems such as this. I am a stickler about these things and have purposely never purchased the first model year of any car out of concerns with manufacturers having time to get it right. I just liked all things about the technology in this car an jumped on it.
Same. Excited to get my car this month but nervous as all heck about it

Bear's Flyover and seeing wrapped cars in the middle lot, which is weird.

View attachment 3707View attachment 3708
Still don't see the most important thing ... car haulers!!!!!. What's the point ...

From the 23rd July screenshot to today, I see more wrapped cars in the holding pen; but otherwise the number on the main lot seems to be the same ...

No cigars ... still ... :-( .. no wonder my DA is not able to commit .. :-(

Looks like 200 Air parked, if 1/3 of them are produced per day, that would be 66*30 = almost 2k production per month? Is that too optimistic? 😂
It does look like they are producing more - maybe 30 per day.

Sounds like it was a tough decision. I can imagine the angst you went through in making your decision. Do you want the Blue Bunny chocolate ice cream now or can you wait until the Ben and Jerry's Frudge Brownie comes in. Ummm. Tough decision. 🤔

Still don't see the most important thing ... car haulers!!!!!. What's the point ...

From the 23rd July screenshot to today, I see more wrapped cars in the holding pen; but otherwise the number on the main lot seems to be the same ...

No cigars ... still ... :-( .. no wonder my DA is not able to commit .. :-(
I certainly agree, car haulers are very important. However, right now, I would just like to see some Zenth Red cars....It now has been 7 weeks since the last Zenith Red VIN was noted on our tracker. Grrrrrrr.:mad:

Bear's Flyover and seeing wrapped cars in the middle lot, which is weird.

View attachment 3707View attachment 3708
This is a regular pattern with Lucid. No sooner do they seem to ramp up and show signs of getting cars moving off the lot then BOOM, everything stops and comes to a halt again with no reason as to why. Hopefully it's a hauler issue but with cars not moving from the top lot to the bottom they could be having more fit and finish issues

Problem is now Lucid is competing with the established luxury brands AND Tesla whereas Tesla got a pass because there was NO Competition for a few years against the Model-S and IT was the Queen of “Fast Acceleration”. Well the Plaid still IS.

Reactions: DJL
This is a regular pattern with Lucid. No sooner do they seem to ramp up and show signs of getting cars moving off the lot then BOOM, everything stops and comes to a halt again with no reason as to why. Hopefully it's a hauler issue but with cars not moving from the top lot to the bottom they could be having more fit and finish issues
They definitely need to retool the whole Trunk section IMO. That seems to be the most problematic.

Back