Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I hope so. I hear zero from my DA. You would think they’d pop in every several weeks just to say, hey, still working on your car and the company is going some really great things…
My SA told me today that I shouldn’t expect to hear from a DA until they have a VIN for me. That was news to me.

Why is yours delayed that long and other reds after you have been delivered?
I honestly do not know and I haven’t been able to get information, but I strongly suspect it’s related to my location in a fairly remote area, far away from any service center. I have just decided to try not to worry about it ( quite difficult ) and hope the wait ends promptly. My DA is great and I imagine it’s out of her control.
I will , however , be a tad frustrated if I do not receive anything until winter, because I really do not want to learn to drive the car in those conditions.
Anyway, there is a silver lining. Perhaps more issues will be resolved the longer we wait.
Hang in there; from my conversations with folks who have received the vehicle and really understand the car, it will be worth it.✌🤞🤞🤞🤞

Honestly unless you live in central Alaska, that should not be an excuse in 2022. They were able to sell you the car for crying out loud.

Honestly unless you live in central Alaska, that should not be an excuse in 2022. They were able to sell you the car for crying out loud.
Thankfully , I don’t live in central Alaska.🤣🤣🤣

I really don’t know why mine has been so delayed. As many have said, communication is quite vague with Lucid. Apparently, once you get the car, service is fantastic and extremely responsive.

I am sure there are others who have also experienced major delays, without the reasons being elucidated .

It’s a rough time to be a startup , especially in the auto industry.

I will update as soon as I get more information. For now, my Prius Prime will have continue providing me with all the sex appeal it has over these years.😁😁😁

I’m getting cautiously excited for the fact my car is now out of PDI in Houston, and soon in transit to Goose Island for delivery soon after. However, I think I speak for many when I say the real news we are all anticipating today is a name change from @PAUSED to @RECEIVED, and the pics to prove it 😀

I’m getting cautiously excited for the fact my car is now out of PDI in Houston, and soon in transit to Goose Island for delivery soon after. However, I think I speak for many when I say the real news we are all anticipating today is a name change from @PAUSED to @RECEIVED, and the pics to prove it 😀
I think you just jinxed him by making this post.

Great news. I knew that this would be a big week!

You're going to love it! I keep looking for excuses to take the car out for a drive. Even multiple trips to the grocery store =)

OK, I have put in my request to change my username back to CLTGT as my GT is now in my garage in CLT. The delivery process was flawless and I could not find anything wrong with the car. OK, maybe one little nitpick, but Jose showed me a work around and told me it will probably correct itself with the first reset procedure. We just forgot to do the reset before he left. The seat ventilation wasn't working properly. You could turn it on, but not turn it off. We had to hit the heat button and cycle through that to turn the seat cooling/heating all the way off, not really a big deal. I just hope it corrects itself with the first reset. I have the same function in my BMW M5, but never really use it anyway.

Jose from the Riviera Beach location did the delivery and it really could not have been better. Even my wife loves the car, and she doesn't love any car.

Pic to follow.

Here is the pic to prove it.

Attachments

• 50F51DB6-FA8E-4E2F-8171-5645B1EB550A.jpeg
    50F51DB6-FA8E-4E2F-8171-5645B1EB550A.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 187
OK, I have put in my request to change my username back to CLTGT as my GT is now in my garage in CLT. The delivery process was flawless and I could not find anything wrong with the car. OK, maybe one little nitpick, but Jose showed me a work around and told me it will probably correct itself with the first reset procedure. We just forgot to do the reset before he left. The seat ventilation wasn't working properly. You could turn it on, but not turn it off. We had to hit the heat button and cycle through that to turn the seat cooling/heating all the way off, not really a big deal. I just hope it corrects itself with the first reset. I have the same function in my BMW M5, but never really use it anyway.

Jose from the Riviera Beach location did the delivery and it really could not have been better. Even my wife loves the car, and she doesn't love any car.

Pic to follow.
🥳

Pic to follow.
Congrats on finally getting your car! Now get off the forum and drive it like you stole it!

Pic to follow.
Congrats! I am glad another of the Grey delay cars is finally home! you will enjoy it.

As for the seat cooling Issue, I had a glitch with thst during delivery too. Not the same issue, just couldn‘t turn it until we did a reset. Has not happened since. My only other issues were a piece of lower trunk liner that did not wan5 to stay tacked down and the trunk intermittently would not open all the way. Mobile service came out and velcro’ed the trunk liner down. Figured out the trunk opening issue was likely me just keeping my hand on the button while it was opening. I sent a software glitch video for the software team where the trip information kWh used blinks between some small number and the real one. Still trying to figure out the energy usage on the display and why it is soo different from what I calculate.

Congrats to all the recent deliveries and VIN assignments!! :D

Im willing to bet that during the inspection delays in all of June that the components (frames, batteries, motors, displays, etc) continued to be delivered and flow into the factory. Now Lucid may have a relative surplus, allowing them to operate closer to 100% capacity and send out this recent flurry of assignments.

Just a hunch but I expect the next 1 - 2 months to continue at this pace, if not pick up even more.

Pic to follow.
I am so happy you stuck with it. I have been following for a long time and really wondered if you could stick it out. Now I just hope it is a great car for you and you enjoy it.

Congrats CLTGT! Hope you really get to enjoy that beauty you waited for so long

Here is the pic to prove it.
I swear, every time I see a quantum grey Air, I second guess my decision on the white. That’s a real beauty. Congrats.

Back