• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

So 19 days from VIN assignment to delivery?
Well, perhaps 18-19 days from VIN to arriving at the Riviera Beach service center. Not sure when Iā€™ll get it yet.
My car arrived at Riviera Beach yesterday, July 18. So, 17 days from VIN assignment to arrival at the service center. Now, we'll see how long it takes to get to me!

My car arrived at Riviera Beach yesterday, July 18. So, 17 days from VIN assignment to arrival at the service center. Now, we'll see how long it takes to get to me!
They are doing PDI at the factory. If nothing happened during transport that they need to fix, the inspection and detail could be done in hours. It is just a matter of how many cars are ahead of you in the inspection queue.

They are doing PDI at the factory. If nothing happened during transport that they need to fix, the inspection and detail could be done in hours. It is just a matter of how many cars are ahead of you in the inspection queue.
While I think you are right - that they are doing more extensive PDI at the factor, which we all agree makes the most sense - my car still went through a 2 week PDI at the Houston center over the last two weeks, was given a clean bill and is now on its way to Goose Island. My DA told me when it is transported to a new center after passing PDI the process is as you say - if nothing happened during transport it is just a matter of a how many cars are ahead for a brief check, then delivery is scheduled!

Of note for those interested in the 19" wheel modification: on request, and prior to delivery, Goose Island will remove the aero covers, and put on the black lug nuts and center Lucid cover.

My car was delivered today. Just 4 months since confirmation. Lucked out somehow.

Attachments

• 23474.jpg
    23474.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 132
I thought I was sooooo special and the only one who could possibly have ordered this car in my little city of Idaho Falls. Just found out one of my colleagues and friend has had his Lucid here for over a month and the rat bastard didnā€™t tell anyone.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ My work partner spotted him in it today and the secret is out.

Well, now at least I can drive one before I get mine . Also, I have someone locally to harass with software questions, dream come true.

I thought I was sooooo special and the only one who could possibly have ordered this car in my little city of Idaho Falls. Just found out one of my colleagues and friend has had his Lucid here for over a month and the rat bastard didnā€™t tell anyone.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ My work partner spotted him in it today and the secret is out.

Well, now at least I can drive one before I get mine . Also, I have someone locally to harass with software questions, dream come true.
ask him why he's not on this forum and refer to this post where you called him a bastard!

ask him why he's not on this forum and refer to this post where you called him a bastard!
Not just any old bastard, a "rat bastard" :D

I had the pleasure of spending 3 nights in Idaho Falls in Late June. Used the EA station at Walmart.
274F29FC-47B9-4722-8F2F-DB5E6680281C.jpeg

Very nice!!!

Did the EA charger work well?

Just found out one of my colleagues and friend has had his Lucid here for over a month and the rat bastard didnā€™t tell anyone.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
There are more people like your friend. No one in my team at work knows I have one. I just donā€™t feel the need to advertise it.

There are more people like your friend. No one in my team at work knows I have one. I just donā€™t feel the need to advertise it.
I know, I am not going to advertise it either. Itā€™s just kind of weird, as this is a small city, remote , and I never thought I would see one here. Then it turns out one of my favorite colleagues got one. Itā€™s extra ironic because I was chatting with my wife last night and we were discussing the car. She asked me if I thought anyone else here will have one. I said, quite confidently, no way. Not because if itā€™s price, but because of its relative rarity and the fact that 70 percent of the people in my town want to run over electric cars with their giant lifted trucks, and then blow diesel fumes in your face.

Last edited:
While I think you are right - that they are doing more extensive PDI at the factor, which we all agree makes the most sense - my car still went through a 2 week PDI at the Houston center over the last two weeks, was given a clean bill and is now on its way to Goose Island. My DA told me when it is transported to a new center after passing PDI the process is as you say - if nothing happened during transport it is just a matter of a how many cars are ahead for a brief check, then delivery is scheduled!

Of note for those interested in the 19" wheel modification: on request, and prior to delivery, Goose Island will remove the aero covers, and put on the black lug nuts and center Lucid cover.
Should I make the request now or when I get a VIN? I almost 4 months out since confirmation, I'm hoping the VIN comes soon.

I didnā€™t tell anyone I got it, but I couldnā€™t really hide it in the parking lot. I just realized Iā€™ve had the car almost 4 months now and still without fail at least once a day someone new tells me they think the car is awesomeā€¦
Iā€™m actually glad I donā€™t have a sentry cam, several people told me Iā€™d probably see them on my car camera, and I didnā€™t tell them it didnā€™t have one šŸ˜†. Thank you Tesla for making people think my car is more secure than it is.

Car delivered this morning at 8am, far earlier than scheduled by the 3rd party group...got a text from DA while he was on layover in Denver originating from Costa Mesa "please sir if you can please refrain from driving until I get there would really appreciate it"...šŸ˜Š...glad I only pulled it into garage to keep it out of this 109 degree OK heat (feels like 113 with humidity)...HOLY COW! Not the heat, the CAR!
Speechless...would like to see more folks on here espousing the positives that out way the negatives...šŸ˜Š...Yes, I have the minor gaps around the trunk...couple of other minor niggles too, but my-oh-my this car is like no other...took it to the golf club for happy hour and it drew a crowd...
The process in its entirety (9 months) could not have gone smoother...from SA (Felipe) to DA (Ricky)...professional, courteous, and yes I got updates when and where appropriate...if I called or emailed it never took more than 24 hours for a response...
Have a bit to learn about the interface, but having just spent 6 hours driving around town...dadgummit...just a car, I know...but still...consider me IMPRESSED...šŸ˜Š

Back