Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

On it’s way for what I hope is the last part of its’ unique journey.

Attachments

• 02FEB237-24C5-4C14-A607-C30DD53B0A18.jpeg
    02FEB237-24C5-4C14-A607-C30DD53B0A18.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 189
I hear what you guys are saying, but by telling me repeatedly that my car has no particular issue and is only in an inspection backlog, it certainly begs the question of why the inspection process is not FIFO. I know no one can answer this here, so I will stop being annoying and shut up.
Just a thought, but if it is the inspection process coupled with some parts issues, it might be the order in which they actually receive the parts for a particular batch of cars. I feel for you and sympathize with your situation. This process is frustrating at the very least.

Apparently my part has been sitting waiting for trim pieces now for 2 weeks. It's in the final stages of production but just sitting there doing nothing. Thats frustrating

i picked up mine today. everything looked great except the freaking dusts inside. i don't think they cleaned up the interior recently or whoever did it, did a poor job. it felt like the car sat in a dust storm in the Arizona plant with the window wide open (it was evident when i opened the driver side window and looked from the outside. lots of dust/sand particles stuck between the rubber). I also saw quite a bit of hairline scratches in the bottom rear windshield and made a note of that. i'm hoping to convince them to clean up the interior when the service folks call me next week.

Other than that, the car is amazing. Love it. I'm on 1.2.1 (yikes) and i'm hoping to get 1.2.6 or .7 in the coming days.

i picked up mine today. everything looked great except the freaking dusts inside. i don't think they cleaned up the interior recently or whoever did it, did a poor job. it felt like the car sat in a dust storm in the Arizona plant with the window wide open (it was evident when i opened the driver side window and looked from the outside. lots of dust/sand particles stuck between the rubber). I also saw quite a bit of hairline scratches in the bottom rear windshield and made a note of that. i'm hoping to convince them to clean up the interior when the service folks call me next week.

Other than that, the car is amazing. Love it. I'm on 1.2.1 (yikes) and i'm hoping to get 1.2.6 or .7 in the coming days.
Shouldn’t the car be delivered with the latest updates?

That's what I thought. I did not expect 1.2.7 but 1.2.6 which came out a few weeks ago.

Also, I noticed that the lucid keyboard doesn't support ^ key so I had to change my password to log in to the car. My DA said he will pass on the feedback.

That's what I thought. I did not expect 1.2.7 but 1.2.6 which came out a few weeks ago.

Also, I noticed that the lucid keyboard doesn't support ^ key so I had to change my password to log in to the car. My DA said he will pass on the feedback.
Good catch on strange special character.

I think they didn’t bother to update bc assembly line probably default to a certain version. 1.2.6 was a big update, but mostly affect Navigation and extra French and Spanish language support.

Should be delivered with 1.2.6 At least since that was the last major update. Mine was from last week. They should always be delivering to the last *major* update.

My DA told me a week ago, that I was 1-2 weeks from getting a VIN. QG, GT, 19”, March 9th. So, maybe a small surge of VINs coming out this coming week.
see that's where the inconsistency in messaging gets me. As of late, my DA has told me that all DAs are told not to say anything regarding VINs, and here's a situation where such specific information is relayed to a customer. Baffling!

I think that I can answer but you probably won't like it. If they used the First in First Out theory, they would have had to delay the production (shut down the plant) another 4-6 weeks while they were doing inspections and recalls on all the cars produced that had possible problems. Or holding the cars that were produced after the problems/procedures were corrected would even cause a bigger bottleneck than they have now
This makes sense. This is a genuine curious question, but why do VIN numbers have to be assigned to a customer before completion? If VIN wasn’t assigned ahead of time, delivering cars on a FIFO basis would be easier to accomplish. Since they don’t, it’s impossible to achieve.

This makes sense. This is a genuine curious question, but why do VIN numbers have to be assigned to a customer before completion? If VIN wasn’t assigned ahead of time, delivering cars on a FIFO basis would be easier to accomplish. Since they don’t, it’s impossible to achieve.
Just a guess but it probably makes supply chain planning easier if you track orders from the beginning of production instead of just building equal amounts of each combination.

You can't get insurance set up without a VIN.

Today, I followed up with my DA for status and, coincidently, received a VIN number. Have no idea whether that means two months or five months for delivery.
Should be closer to 2 after receipt of your VIN.

I also was getting very concerned reading this forum and almost considered canceling my order. I am glad I did not. The car is fantastic. Minor software glitches but not dissimilar to any of my prior Porsches, Audis, etc. Forums/reviews often focus on all the bad stuff. Take it with a grain of salt. JMO.
I have been considering canceling my order. I still have no VIN.

Today, I followed up with my DA for status and, coincidently, received a VIN number. Have no idea whether that means two months or five months for delivery.
You confirmed your order in June and received a VIN today? You must be a powerful individual.

Back