• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Oil giant bp to buy $100 million of Superchargers from Tesla.

Yes, this seems to be conspicuously absent from all discussion of Superchargers since the NACS stuff started happening.

I scanned the article and did not see how many units they are getting for $100 million. Did I miss it?

I don't think Tesla wants the world to know what price they agreed to sell Superchargers to BP.

Commercial DC fast chargers usually sell for between $100k and $200k.

So BP should be deploying between 5k and 10k Superchargers in the US.

Tesla has "over 20k Superchargers across the US."

I don't think Tesla wants the world to know what price they agreed to sell Superchargers to BP.

Commercial DC fast chargers usually sell for between $100k and $200k.

So BP should be deploying between 5k and 10k Superchargers in the US.

Tesla has "over 20k Superchargers across the US."
"It would mean that Tesla’s Superchargers cost no more than ~$43,000 per charger versus over $200,000 for the competition based on the documents in these applications to the TxVEMP program."

From: https://electrek.co/2022/04/15/tesl...s in these applications to the TxVEMP program.

"It would mean that Tesla’s Superchargers cost no more than ~$43,000 per charger versus over $200,000 for the competition based on the documents in these applications to the TxVEMP program."

From: https://electrek.co/2022/04/15/tesla-cost-deploy-superchargers-revealed-one-fifth-competition/#:~:text=Tesla’s applications ask for as little as $30,000,documents in these applications to the TxVEMP program.

If Tesla manufactures Superchargers at a cost of $43k per unit that would be impressive.

Still don't see them selling to BP for less than $100k if that is the cheapest competitor while Tesla offers superior performance and reliability.

If Tesla manufactures Superchargers at a cost of $43k per unit that would be impressive.

Still don't see them selling to BP for less than $100k if that is the cheapest competitor while Tesla offers superior performance and reliability.
Who knows. It would be in Telsa's best interest to sell as many as possible for the $100M, but at a profit, to have their name in more locations?

It's a good thing for all EV and prospective owners.

Who knows. It would be in Telsa's best interest to sell as many as possible for the $100M, but at a profit, to have their name in more locations?

It's a good thing for all EV and prospective owners.

Their (Teslas) name will not be on the Superchargers.

They will carry one of the BP brands like Arco/AmPm/TravelCenters of America etc.

It would be good for EV owners to buy EVs and electricity at razor thin margins or at a loss for the EV manufactures and charging providers.

But not good for shareholders of EV manufactures, EV charging manufactures and service providers.

Therefore less reason for investors to invest in the EV space.

Tesla used to charge the equivalent cost to drive a BMW with premium gas at Superchargers.

Now Tesla raised Supercharger rates to roughly the competition.

Their (Teslas) name will not be on the Superchargers.

They will carry one of the BP brands like Arco/AmPm/TravelCenters of America etc.

It would be good for EV owners to buy EVs and electricity at razor thin margins or at a loss for the EV manufactures and charging providers.

But not good for shareholders of EV manufactures, EV charging manufactures and service providers.

Therefore less reason for investors to invest in the EV space.

Tesla used to charge the equivalent cost to drive a BMW with premium gas at Superchargers.

Now Tesla raised Supercharger rates to roughly the competition.
Why not good for EV manufacturers? Provides more charging stations. I'm guessing they will be both NACS/CCS capability for federal funds.

Why not good for EV manufacturers? Provides more charging stations. I'm guessing they will be both NACS/CCS capability for federal funds.

Both EA and Tesla white label their chargers without their brand name on them.

Anyhow, more stations is good for all EV owners.

I wonder what these BP's Telsa SC looks like. A BP outer shell with Tesla's gut? A Tesla's SC with BP color and BP branding?

I wonder what these BP's Telsa SC looks like. A BP outer shell with Tesla's gut? A Tesla's SC with BP color and BP branding?
1698426592584.png

"Longer cables" what an absolute joke. It starts vertically high like a gas station cord, and that is where most of the length is.
Cable is 9 ft length spec.

"Longer cables" what an absolute joke. It starts vertically high like a gas station cord, and that is where most of the length is.
Sometimes they’re retractable - many EVGo stations I’ve seen are that way, and I love them for it.

Back