October OTA Updates

That's right. I think it's just a random rollout of the remaining patches. I was near the back of the pack in terms of installing 2.0.5
Looks like Lucid may be going from last to first on the 2.0.8 update? Those who got 2.0.5 last are getting 2.0.8 first? In any case, I just started installing 2.0.8 at 6:25 pm Eastern Daylight Time (I'm in Florida). I started installing 2.0.5 at about 6:40 a.m. this morning.

Hey all - Back online now. I want to expose some of this discussion to our engineering team but that's difficult to do as we're in a members-only thread. I'd also like a bit more back / forth and the forum may not be conducive to that.

If you are having an issue (most notably the surround view not working), could you send an email that includes your VIN, any details you can provide, and (if possible) a timestamp of when you tried to use it? Please send to OTAUpate (at) Lucidmotors.com (Obviously replacing (at) with @).

This will go to myself and some of our lead engineers, and a bit more detail will enable the team to dig and see what's going on. I might do the same if your nav indicates you are somewhere you're not.
I’m assuming you meant otaupdate. I might wait until 2.0.8 comes through and if the surround view isn’t working after that I’ll send in an email along with anything else but that seems to be the only issue I’ve experienced so far.

Seamless experience today using nav, tidal, TuneIn and everything is just so responsive.

Looks like Lucid may be going from last to first on the 2.0.8 update? Those who got 2.0.5 last are getting 2.0.8 first? In any case, I just started installing 2.0.8 at 6:25 pm Eastern Daylight Time (I'm in Florida). I started installing 2.0.5 at about 6:40 a.m. this morning.
Sure does. I was one of the last and appear to be in the first batch for this one

Yep, just saw the notification to install 2.0.8. Will test surround view after it’s completed and see if it fixes the issue.

Installing 2.0.8 now.

Side note, around 37% my update hung until I brought my key near it. I think it was trying to update my fob and stuck in a loop. Mainly just an observation. (v2.0.8)

Side note, around 37% my update hung until I brought my key near it. I think it was trying to update my fob and stuck in a loop. Mainly just an observation. (v2.0.8)
Had you updated your fobs as part of the 2.0.5 update (left in the car or drove around with the fob in the car afterwards for at least 10 minutes)?

Had you updated your fobs as part of the 2.0.5 update (left in the car or drove around with the fob in the car afterwards for at least 10 minutes)?
I did not during the initial update. But it’s impossible to tell if a subsequent drive successfully updated it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok so I should put the keys into the car for 2.0.5 and then use the mobile key or valet card after the update completes to unlock?

Ok so I should put the keys into the car for 2.0.5 and then use the mobile key or valet card after the update completes to unlock?
That is what the release notes said but we have heard that it is not critical that you do that.

I’m assuming you meant otaupdate. I might wait until 2.0.8 comes through and if the surround view isn’t working after that I’ll send in an email along with anything else but that seems to be the only issue I’ve experienced so far.

Seamless experience today using nav, tidal, TuneIn and everything is just so responsive.
Hi @Firstto520 - since @HC_79 and I have the exact same issue, I too shall await and install 2.0.8 (which I am as we speak) and then provide feedback to that email address!

Totally just an obsession on my end. It would be silly if this was “required” in actuality. There’s no way a notice like that would scale out to everyone in a sane manner.

I'm trying to understand what you did here. So, the car is locked and running the 2.0.8 update. Did you initiate it from the pilot panel or the phone app? The installation progress for 2.0.8 appears to stall at 37 percent. Then, you put your fob near your locked car and the progress percentage started increasing? Maybe I'm being clueless, but I'm curious. Thanks.

Hey all - Back online now. I want to expose some of this discussion to our engineering team but that's difficult to do as we're in a members-only thread. I'd also like a bit more back / forth and the forum may not be conducive to that.

If you are having an issue (most notably the surround view not working), could you send an email that includes your VIN, any details you can provide, and (if possible) a timestamp of when you tried to use it? Please send to OTAUpate (at) Lucidmotors.com (Obviously replacing (at) with @).

This will go to myself and some of our lead engineers, and a bit more detail will enable the team to dig and see what's going on. I might do the same if your nav indicates you are somewhere you're not.
Len,
Did you mean OTAUpdate at Lucidmotors.com .. or is the absent "d" intentional?
Thanks

I'm trying to understand what you did here. So, the car is locked and running the 2.0.8 update. Did you initiate it from the pilot panel or the phone app? The installation progress for 2.0.8 appears to stall at 37 percent. Then, you put your fob near your locked car and the progress percentage started increasing? Maybe I'm being clueless, but I'm curious. Thanks.
Initiated update from the App
Wife tried to unlock car with her key not realizing it was updating and wouldn’t open
Update hung around 37% for 5-10 minutes
Approached car with both of our keys and plopped them on the roof
Car resumed updating

Could be a coincidence, or not…

Initiated update from the App
Wife tried to unlock car with her key not realizing it was updating and wouldn’t open
Update hung around 37% for 5-10 minutes
Approached car with both of our keys and plopped them on the roof
Car resumed updating

Could be a coincidence, or not…
Probably a coincidence! I was honestly curious because my installation also seemed to hang up at 37 percent for awhile. But, I did nothing and now it's at 47 percent.

Probably a coincidence! I was honestly curious because my installation also seemed to hang up at 37 percent for awhile. But, I did nothing and now it's at 47 percent.
I am glad you said that because mine has been on 37% for about 10 minutes now.

Back