October OTA Updates

I’ve been at 50% on app for 2.08 for 20 minutes but know it will get done. I do believe they used the LIFO method (for you not old accountants - last in first out) since I received the prior update this am. Now to find 30 minutes of straight highways in Southern CT!

I do believe they used the LIFO method (for you not old accountants - last in first out)
LIFO/FIFO are widely used acronyms in the EE/CS fields. Did not know accountants used that too.

They must have done a massive push of the 2.0.8 update since so many of us received it at just about the same time. I got the notification at 4:08 PM PST. It took about the stated 58 minutes to complete, even with the 15 minute wait at 37%. This was, once again, using LTE since my car is locked up at the detailer until tomorrow. I think I will go for a nice long drive to test everything out before going home. 🙂
Thanks again, Lucid team for working thru the weekend to get this to us!

They must have done a massive push of the 2.0.8 update since so many of us received it at just about the same time. I got the notification at 4:08 PM PST. It took about the stated 58 minutes to complete, even with the 15 minute wait at 37%. This was, once again, using LTE since my car is locked up at the detailer until tomorrow. I think I will go for a nice long drive to test everything out before going home. 🙂
Thanks again, Lucid team for working thru the weekend to get this to us!

Does your car color match in 360 view?

Kudos to Len for facilitating all of this over the last week or so! Great communication and confidence building from Team Lucid!
Can’t wait to see what comes next. Wonder when that will be? 😎

360º view shows correct car color, but not the correct wheels, if you have 19".
The wheels are the DE wheels .. I believe for everyone

I do like that phone controls now come up on the right cockpit display when receiving a call.

Ok .. tried entering Launch Mode and I had no issue (now running 2.0.8)... the Blue CA bear w/ checkered flag came up as expected. (though I can't really test launch mode .. or highway assist right now)

Since the reset on 2.0.5 I haven’t had issues with the 360 camera. That remains true on 2.0.8. It’s funny how something such as boot time, or adjustment of icons can make the car feel brand new. This is exciting stuff! Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is update 3/4 right?

Installed 2.0.8. Wanted to try highway assist.

It said you had to calibrate it for about 30 minutes on a fairly straight highway. Decided to get it out of the way. Within 5 minutes of ACC highway use a pop-up said Highway Assist is now available.

A little unnerving at first but you settle into it after a bit.
PXL_20221017_004421880.TS_exported_30709.webp

Last edited:
Since the reset on 2.0.5 I haven’t had issues with the 360 camera. That remains true on 2.0.8. It’s funny how something such as boot time, or adjustment of icons can make the car feel brand new. This is exciting stuff! Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is update 3/4 right?
Yup.

Installed 2.0.8. Wanted to try highway assist.

It said you had to calibrate it for about 30 minutes on a fairly straight highway. Decided to get it out of the way. Within 5 minutes of ACC highway use a pop-up said Highways Assist is now available.

A little unnerving at first but you settle into it after a bit.
It honestly is fantastic. I had to get used to the fact that it really drives center, whereas humans tend to drive a bit more toward the left, and move a bit right if there is a car on the left, so I found myself spending the first hour or two constantly looking in the mirrors to make sure I’m in the lines. It never failed, though, and now I’ve driven probably 15-20 hours with it and never had it scare me.

Back