Not in Turtle Mode, yet

Okay. Thanks for sharing how you feel.

Good luck.
I truly wish you would post photos of all the issues you are having.
😂💯 for those that constantly make emotionally charged complaints....i can only hope that they hold themselves to the same high standard, professionally and personally.

1658816002959.png

Well, Sam6062 may have the worst luck, and hence the multitude of issues with his car.
Bad and strange things have been known to happen with any brand. On the EQS forum, there’s poster also from Texas who’s had so many serious problems with his car while taking his wife for her medical visits. His story is just unbelievable, and MB is in the process of buying back the car.

Well, Sam6062 may have the worst luck, and hence the multitude of issues with his car.
Bad and strange things have been known to happen with any brand. On the EQS forum, there’s poster also from Texas who’s had so many serious problems with his car while taking his wife for her medical visits. His story is just unbelievable, and MB is in the process of buying back the car.
Sam6062 was entertaining selling the car before he even received it

I think we can all agree @CLTGT DEFINITELY has the worst luck, lol.

His experience I absolutely think has sucked.

Yea me, I win the award. The worst part of it is that there really hasn't been any contact from Lucid from anyone other than Customer Care or one of the techs in Atlanta.

And when the sales team tells you "We will provide you a rental vehicle as a loaner". What that really means is, "If you need another car, go get it yourself and send us a copy of the bills after we return your car".

I have gone down the route of having a car bought back by the dealer, BMW in my case. The process was about as pain free as it could be. I never had to get to the "Lemon" stage. They recognized my B7 (and several others) had a fuel management issue. The gave BMW/Alpina a period of time to rectify the issue and when it was apparent that no progress was being made (after 30 days or so and the car was completely drivable), the Service Manager at the dealer called me up and said they were reversing the transaction and to pick any car I wanted at XX% below cost from any brand dealer they owned. Now, this dealer is a huge name (around town and in NASCAR), so I had my pick. That is how I ended up with the M5. That dealership won my respect for life by the way they handled a potentially poor situation and it took the dealer and the brand to make that happen. Even after 8+ years and the car out of warranty, they provided a loaner, delivered to my house and swapped with the car they are to service. I way underestimated the value of having someone close enough and committed enough to service. Why, oh why, did I think I wanted to give an EV a try?

Lucid, at least in my experience, cannot compete on any level with any established higher-end brand on terms of Communication, Customer Service and Reliability.

OK, kind of a moral dilemma here - Do I rent a Nissan Maxima for $75/day from Enterprise or an Audi e-tron hatch 2022 for $220/day from Turo. The total price for twoo week is $900 for one and $3000 for the other. The Audi would definitely be more comparable, but it isn't something I "need".

Thoughts?

Yea me, I win the award. The worst part of it is that there really hasn't been any contact from Lucid from anyone other than Customer Care or one of the techs in Atlanta.

And when the sales team tells you "We will provide you a rental vehicle as a loaner". What that really means is, "If you need another car, go get it yourself and send us a copy of the bills after we return your car".

I have gone down the route of having a car bought back by the dealer, BMW in my case. The process was about as pain free as it could be. I never had to get to the "Lemon" stage. They recognized my B7 (and several others) had a fuel management issue. The gave BMW/Alpina a period of time to rectify the issue and when it was apparent that no progress was being made (after 30 days or so and the car was completely drivable), the Service Manager at the dealer called me up and said they were reversing the transaction and to pick any car I wanted at XX% below cost from any brand dealer they owned. Now, this dealer is a huge name (around town and in NASCAR), so I had my pick. That is how I ended up with the M5. That dealership won my respect for life by the way they handled a potentially poor situation and it took the dealer and the brand to make that happen. Even after 8+ years and the car out of warranty, they provided a loaner, delivered to my house and swapped with the car they are to service. I way underestimated the value of having someone close enough and committed enough to service. Why, oh why, did I think I wanted to give an EV a try?

Lucid, at least in my experience, cannot compete on any level with any established higher-end brand on terms of Communication, Customer Service and Reliability.
I had the opposite experience with a BMW fuel injector, which had to be repaired 3 times in a month. It was a known issue, but BMW denied it. The minute I called a lemon law attorney, they took the car back. I abandoned the brand after that.

While they are car companies, there are people running them. Some people handle situations better than others. Sorry that you are getting treated poorly. Others here have been treated better.

OK, kind of a moral dilemma here - Do I rent a Nissan Maxima for $75/day from Enterprise or an Audi e-tron hatch 2022 for $220/day from Turo. The total price for twoo week is $900 for one and $3000 for the other. The Audi would definitely be more comparable, but it isn't something I "need".

Thoughts?
Etron no question

Paging @Firstto520

I had the opposite experience with a BMW fuel injector, which had to be repaired 3 times in a month. It was a known issue, but BMW denied it. The minute I called a lemon law attorney, they took the car back. I abandoned the brand after that.

While they are car companies, there are people running them. Some people handle situations better than others. Sorry that you are getting treated poorly. Others here have been treated better.
I think my dealer probably had a bigger say than the brand, but the thing is, I have had absolute great experiences with my BMW dealers in Atlanta, Las Vegas and, now, Charlotte. All three were big "chain" dealers with multiple brands. Hendrick here is Charlotte has been the best, but the crazy thing is that the Hendrick BMW dealership is light years better than the Hendrick Mercedes dealership and they are located on the same street 2-3 miles apart.

Thoughts?
If you're in Charlotte you might check SilverCar. They only rent Audi's.

If you're in Charlotte you might check SilverCar. They only rent Audi's.
Tried them, no availability. I did get a Hertz contact from the Atlanta tech, but they do not respond and Hertz might as well be called "Ugly Duckling" after their post-Covid BK and mass car sales.

Tried them, no availability. I did get a Hertz contact from the Atlanta tech, but they do not respond and Hertz might as well be called "Ugly Duckling" after their post-Covid BK and mass car sales.
The E-Tron would be tempting. I found Silvercar here in Dallas availability varied daily. I could never get a car from Enterprise. They literally had none. I hope you get your Air back quickly and things smooth out with your car!

Thoughts?
I rent cars 1/3 time of the year traveling for work -- dollar and hertz. I rent full size standard sedans avoiding any better they try to give me -- less trouble, less brake ins, less cost if hit over night in the 4* hotel parking lot happened once, got rear ended once, got one flat tire, entire rear window suddenly cracked once, less scrutiny returning car if it got any scratches from previous rentals.

I think my dealer probably had a bigger say than the brand, but the thing is, I have had absolute great experiences with my BMW dealers in Atlanta, Las Vegas and, now, Charlotte. All three were big "chain" dealers with multiple brands. Hendrick here is Charlotte has been the best, but the crazy thing is that the Hendrick BMW dealership is light years better than the Hendrick Mercedes dealership and they are located on the same street 2-3 miles apart.
I hope Lucid steps up and takes care of you the way you want to be taken care of. If you want them to arrange and pay for your rental, they should do that.

I hope Lucid steps up and takes care of you the way you want to be taken care of. If you want them to arrange and pay for your rental, they should do that.
Yea, doesn't really work like that I am finding out. When I first called in, they basically said, sorry to hear about your car, we will arrange service, go ahead and get a rental car, save your receipts and submit them (and gas receipts) and we will reimburse you. I gave them a bit ( alot) of grief over this and I got a call from someone saying they were going to try and get me a rental from Hertz. Well, that person was the maintenance tech in Atlanta and the best he could really do is get me a contact name/email for Hertz here in Charlotte. He told me they should be contacting me, but that has not happened. I am not going to bug him about a rental/loaner as he is a tech and really shouldn't be doing this kind of thing. He should be taking care of customers' cars. Bottom line, unless you are close to a real Service Center, you are on your own. They say they will reimburse you, but you are on your own to source the alternate transportation. I have tried a few rental places, but most mean I have to go out to the airport to rent anything of any quality. I tried Silver, but absolutely no availability.

Thoughts?
The only reason I would hesitate is that you have to lay out the cash yourself up front. If you don't care if it takes a little while to get your money back, make Lucid pay for the e-tron. Have a little fun.

Thoughts?
Turo search return result in Charlotte area. This is major disaster for 55 miles car, this will brings urgency to bring them car to you faster.
EDB73030-4D9A-49F3-8138-78570B24877C.png

Back