Turtle Mode is not conducive to a happy holiday

Mouthpiece

Verified Owner
So I'm driving to St. Augustine to spend a couple of days looking at the lights and getting into the holiday spirit. Got in the car and noticed an error message saying facial recognition was not working. Did a Bobby reboot but no joy. But no worries I can select my profile and all is good. While driving, the windshield wipers start wiping (no rain in sight) and can't be shut off. Then I get a windshield wiper error message - like I didn't already know there was a problem. Then I get a charge port door blocked error message while doing something over the speed limit on US 4. Obviously no blockage. Then the dreaded Turtle Mode appears.

Get off the highway and try all the resets I know: Standard lock and walk, turn signal, valet carded and the Bobby. No joy. Call for a tow. While waiting for the tow I'm on hold for technical help and push the frunk button. It unlatches but doesn't open. Now I can't close it and get the warning that the frunk is open. The tow truck arrives, I give up holding for technical help and take off in an Uber. Tow truck driver gets through to technical support and after about an hour of trying different things get all the issues resolved but I'm already in St Augustine 80 mile away. So now they tell the driver since the car is fixed they won't pay for the tow.

Not sure how this all plays out but I've taken the position that the car isn't fix until we understand what happened and I have a degree of confidence that it won't happen again. Told the driver to tow it anyway since I couldn't immediately get the car and wanted it looked at anyway. I may not be filled with the Christmas spirit but shortly I will be filled with spirits.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Looked like you handled it much calmer than I would have.

I’m quite surprised Lucid refuse the tow considering the car was giving error messages earlier. I had a similar problem with my i pace where it wouldn’t work and then restarted just fine an hour later when the tow truck showed up. Jaguar still covered everything. Looked at the vehicle and couldn’t find anything wrong, figured it was a software glitch and gave it back

So I'm driving to St. Augustine to spend a couple of days looking at the lights and getting into the holiday spirit. Got in the car and noticed an error message saying facial recognition was not working. Did a Bobby reboot but no joy. But no worries I can select my profile and all is good. While driving, the windshield wipers start wiping (no rain in sight) and can't be shut off. Then I get a windshield wiper error message - like I didn't already know there was a problem. Then I get a charge port door blocked error message while doing something over the speed limit on US 4. Obviously no blockage. Then the dreaded Turtle Mode appears.

Get off the highway and try all the resets I know: Standard lock and walk, turn signal, valet carded and the Bobby. No joy. Call for a tow. While waiting for the tow I'm on hold for technical help and push the frunk button. It unlatches but doesn't open. Now I can't close it and get the warning that the frunk is open. The tow truck arrives, I give up holding for technical help and take off in an Uber. Tow truck driver gets through to technical support and after about an hour of trying different things get all the issues resolved but I'm already in St Augustine 80 mile away. So now they tell the driver since the car is fixed they won't pay for the tow.

Not sure how this all plays out but I've taken the position that the car isn't fix until we understand what happened and I have a degree of confidence that it won't happen again. Told the driver to tow it anyway since I couldn't immediately get the car and wanted it looked at anyway. I may not be filled with the Christmas spirit but shortly I will be filled with spirits.

Thanks for sharing your experience and for having a sense of humor.
Please let us know how this issue is resolved.

Tow truck driver gets through to technical support and after about an hour of trying different things get all the issues resolved but I'm already in St Augustine 80 mile away. So now they tell the driver since the car is fixed they won't pay for the tow.
Never heard of a tow truck driver willing to sit there for an hour to troubleshoot problems rather than hooking up asap. Agree lucid needs to look at the car. Multiple resets didn’t clear the problems. Good luck.

Back