Deliver in 2 days and have not signed the PA yet?

kirpal

Verified Owner
Cars
lucid AT
I am taking the delivery on Friday, March 10th at 2pm at the costa mesa center in CA. It is Wednesday evening and I still don't have the PA agreement emailed for me to sign. is this going to be an issue? when did you guys receive PA for signature?
The SA sent me a picture of PA but nothing to sign in Docusign or other methods. I basically deducted the final amount (I owe, after Lucid credit and deposit) on the PA minus my loan check from the bank to get the down payment amount to get the cashier's check from my bank. DA told me to initiate the payment on the Lucid portal but since i have not signed the PA yet, "initiate payment" option is greyed out. Further, I am hesitant to initiate the payment on the portal since I am not sure how long it takes to transfer the money. I would rather go to the local branch and get the cashier's check for the down payment.
I was also told that the cashier's check (and loan amount check) needs to be made to "Lucid Group Inc USA" . Lucid wont accept any variations of this such lucid, lucid motors etc. I need to make a trip to the bank to get the loan amount check issued with the right name (Currently it has both my name and 'Lucid service and delivery center').
Apparently there are only 3 people at Costa Mesa helping something like 200 plus customers and they are overwhelmed to keep track of who is who.
While I am excited that I am getting my car in a couple of days, I am so frustrated with the whole process where there is clear lack of communication even as it is getting this close to the delivery. If everything dont line up on the day, I may have to walk back without the new car in an uber/lyft. :-(

I am taking the delivery on Friday, March 10th at 2pm at the costa mesa center in CA. It is Wednesday evening and I still don't have the PA agreement emailed for me to sign. is this going to be an issue? when did you guys receive PA for signature?
The SA sent me a picture of PA but nothing to sign in Docusign or other methods. I basically deducted the final amount (I owe, after Lucid credit and deposit) on the PA minus my loan check from the bank to get the down payment amount to get the cashier's check from my bank. DA told me to initiate the payment on the Lucid portal but since i have not signed the PA yet, "initiate payment" option is greyed out. Further, I am hesitant to initiate the payment on the portal since I am not sure how long it takes to transfer the money. I would rather go to the local branch and get the cashier's check for the down payment.
I was also told that the cashier's check (and loan amount check) needs to be made to "Lucid Group Inc USA" . Lucid wont accept any variations of this such lucid, lucid motors etc. I need to make a trip to the bank to get the loan amount check issued with the right name (Currently it has both my name and 'Lucid service and delivery center').
Apparently there are only 3 people at Costa Mesa helping something like 200 plus customers and they are overwhelmed to keep track of who is who.
While I am excited that I am getting my car in a couple of days, I am so frustrated with the whole process where there is clear lack of communication even as it is getting this close to the delivery. If everything dont line up on the day, I may have to walk back without the new car in an uber/lyft. :-(
I used the payment portal and it was pretty much instant.

Congrats on the upcoming delivery to another in the North Coastal SD! I’ll look for you on the road. It will be nice to see more around. We just saw a gray one yesterday with temporary tags on the 56 and El Camino Real So they are coming. What color did you end up getting?

Congrats on the upcoming delivery to another in the North Coastal SD! I’ll look for you on the road. It will be nice to see more around. We just saw a gray one yesterday with temporary tags on the 56 and El Camino Real So they are coming. What color did you end up getting?
Thank you. There is a grey and a black in our neighborhood in Carmel valley. Mine is Stellar white with Tahoe interior, 19 inch wheels, DDP and glass canopy.

just curious. Did you get your car yesterday? If so, how do you like it? It will be nice to see another Lucid in the Del Mar / Carmel Valley area!

just curious. Did you get your car yesterday? If so, how do you like it? It will be nice to see another Lucid in the Del Mar / Carmel Valley area!
Unfortunately no. The SA advisor at Costa Mesa told me that the payee information on the cashier's check should be " LUCID GROUP USA, INC" and no other variations are accepted. The bank had earlier used by default "lucid service and deliver center'. So I had to request the bank to issue me a new check which I will get on Monday. I have currently scheduled the pick up for next Friday as that is the only day that works for me due to my work schedule. I was so pissed off at the lack of communication from folks at Costa Mesa. This should have been avoided so easily with an email that details all the steps and information about the payment options clearly.

Unfortunately no. The SA advisor at Costa Mesa told me that the payee information on the cashier's check should be " LUCID GROUP USA, INC" and no other variations are accepted. The bank had earlier used by default "lucid service and deliver center'. So I had to request the bank to issue me a new check which I will get on Monday. I have currently scheduled the pick up for next Friday as that is the only day that works for me due to my work schedule. I was so pissed off at the lack of communication from folks at Costa Mesa. This should have been avoided so easily with an email that details all the steps and information about the payment options clearly.
I used the electronic payment which worked perfectly. Was that offered?

Last edited:
Back